Wendy Rene enquiry

I was thinking of buying this for my birthday present (to myself!)......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wendy-Rene-After-Laughter-NM-Stax-What-Will-Tomorrow-Bring/202149999240?hash=item2f11143288:g:10EAAOSwAC1aNWjB

I've got no reason to think it's dodgy but it does seem cheaper than the normal issues I've seen. Not being an expert, and after looking at the comedy sale page, I thought I'd ask those more knowledgeable than myself if it looks legit?

Cheers.

Social source share

5 minutes ago, henrun said:

Avoid eBay's global shipping. They break records as they re pack, leave valuable records on the doorstep as the are sent by the cheapest courier and screw you for import chsrges. 

Record seems ok though. 

Totally right. I did not pay attention to that. I always ask if the sellers would consider to re-listy the item skipping that Global Shitting Program and with as many reasons and as to whys that no rational thinking human could not consider dropping that rip off game the eVilBay is pulling. But still, some don't want to. But there it also syas "No additional import charges on delivery" ! It's the first time I see that. And how can that be ?

Social source share

8 hours ago, tlscapital said:

Totally right. I did not pay attention to that. I always ask if the sellers would consider to re-listy the item skipping that Global Shitting Program and with as many reasons and as to whys that no rational thinking human could not consider dropping that rip off game the eVilBay is pulling. But still, some don't want to. But there it also syas "No additional import charges on delivery" ! It's the first time I see that. And how can that be ?

Global shipping always states "no additional import charges" . This is because you pay it all up front, in this case $62, then you don't get the additional post office handling fee. 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Jimmy Disco D said:

Cheers for the answers... especially pointing out the import charges, I hadn't spotted that one. I also didn't know it is a styrene version, something else I'm not too keen on, I might hold fire until another version comes up.

Hello,

Why not offer this guy $225 - he can only say "no". Vinyl copy, no global shipping, postage $11

Worth a try:thumbsup:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wendy-Rene-After-Laughter-on-Stax-154-from-1964-great-2-sider-M-HEAR/302590068845?hash=item4673c6086d:g:26kAAOSwUn9aTk0N

• Up vote 2
Social source share

• 3 months later...

Good things come to those that wait...

I put a maximum bid of £120 on a nice clean copy on ebay from the UK and won it at the weekend.

It was close though, the other bidder got up to £119 before they gave up, happy days!

Edited by Jimmy Disco D
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!