SOUL SOURCE RECORD CLUB 2018, 50 YEARS OF RARE SOUL

dthedrug

On 14/04/2018 at 18:39, Mick Sway said:

Emitt Long Call Me - so good , thanks for posting.

Not sure how you can dance to a track like this, but my kinda soul.

If it were a choice between nodding to soul or dancing to pop i know which i'd rather do.

when its soul and you can dance to it thats what really makes a top dancefloor tune.

Edited by dylan
  • Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

On 19/04/2018 at 18:19, Mick Sway said:

Nina Simone Save Me RCA

Cracking version of the Aretha tune , also covered by Brian Auger,Julie Driscoll and Trinity

Mick

Like the Julie Driscoll version but this is the baby for me.........maybe because I've got it :D

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

12 minutes ago, Mick Sway said:

Here's a four for the floor, dance shoes on down at the disco.

Another UK production from the "Keep on Walkin" group.

Midnite - Love's gonna hit you like a bullet - Magnet

Bloody Hell * My old  T.J. Hudson and the Hit Men - 'Run For Cover'    Ex C/U From back in the Day * Nice One Mick * :thumbsup:

Social source share

6 hours ago, hullsoul said:

Latest addition,not one for the faint hearted on the dancefloor............BOOM!!!!

Lee Dorsey - Gaitor Tail Polydor

Got mine about a year ago, so "ner, ner, ner, ner na"

Social source share

:hatsoff2:Hi All..  Here is a CLASSIC from 73 when records were hard to find but when you found them like this Ila Vann 45, you never parted with them, I have only had 2 copies my 1st from the Scotch man in Kings Lynn? & the copy in my collection, had to put it up because seeing it on JM auction I had to agree with every thing he said about it, also you must try and get it as it never comes up for sale, a great soul record. KTF

• Up vote 3
Social source share

1 hour ago, dthedrug said:

:hatsoff2:Hi All..  Here is a CLASSIC from 73 when records were hard to find but when you found them like this Ila Vann 45, you never parted with them, I have only had 2 copies my 1st from the Scotch man in Kings Lynn? & the copy in my collection, had to put it up because seeing it on JM auction I had to agree with every thing he said about it, also you must try and get it as it never comes up for sale, a great soul record. KTF

Dave

Been after one of these forever,not heard it in ages,sounds great still.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 20:28, Mick Sway said:

Added this fantastic oldie from The Parliaments - Don't Be Sore At Me to the box.

Still have my original copy, one of the first imports I ever bought, from Keith Minshull actually, at The Torch in '69.

Great record.

:hatsoff2:Hi Mick...Back in 69 I was very much into the short lived youth sub culture Boot or Bovver Boys, although I thought that in 68 I was a young MOD? spending Saturday afternoon walking down Green St, going into the Chicken Run, watching the only English team to win the World Cup, then spending the rest of Saturday wandering round the West End ending up in the Flamingo Club (not dissimilar to the Wheel, music wise, although they did tend to play every Drifters record at the Wheel in 68/9?). in 69 as my sage will tell you it was REGGAE all the way, 69 was the year that the press called us Skinheads, & by the time I got out of DC to the sound of "band of gold" it was all over, in London,

It was not until I met Mick Smith (my Sage) in 71, that I went to the TORCH & met Keith,  However in 1970/1 I remember getting my first US imports, which were in the main Motown & Chess all labels, my first Revilot Golden World Ric-Tic 45s I got come from CONTEMPOS, either from the shop or by a Soul Pack, infact my first was the Magic Tones on MAHS Records in 1970, the Parlaments I had on a Track Backtrack LP of DETROIT records, Don't think I doubt your wisdom or memory, but I do find it interesting the North South divide that existed back then, in the strange world of Northern Soul?? KTF:thumbsup::g:

PS- the LP below Has some nice tracks on it, from the early days of our scene, well worth getting if you find a copy?? Right On Now!

SOUL PARTY LP.jpg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
On 4/22/2018 at 13:08, hullsoul said:

Arthur Prysock-House By The Side Of The Road Old Town

never heard that one before, I like how it builds and builds as it goes along, nice one

Social source share