SOUL SOURCE RECORD CLUB 2018, 50 YEARS OF RARE SOUL

dthedrug

Guest Shufflin
23 hours ago, Bruv said:

Added  Joe Simon - Whole Lot Of Lovin to the collection

imagine how much this record would sell for if there was only a few copies in existence...

Social source share

Had the Ronnie Dyson  Why Can't I Touch You Album arrive from the States over the weekend, I heard the track Fever played out at a Soul Night In Wiltshire recently and just had to add it to the collection. :yes:  :hatsoff2:  

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On ‎13‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 21:02, Bruv said:

ad the Ronnie Dyson  Why Can't I Touch You Album arrive

Seeing this had me digging out another from Ronnie after a morning of listening to a load of 70's /80's funk from the likes of the Fatback Band and Rufus etc

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I had another copy of Richard "Popcorn" Wylie - Rosemary What Happened arrive today, I did post this song up last year when I purchased a copy but someone talked me into selling it during a Soul night I was doing, so pleased I now have another, and this Will be a keeper. :yes:   :hatsoff2:  

• Up vote 3
Social source share

2 hours ago, hullsoul said:

Just back from my hols & this was waiting for me,don't you just love that 😎

Had The Valentinos version of this for years but heard this at Different Strokes in Manchester & it was new to me.Quick trawl about & found it's a cheapie so makes it even better 😂 (Great live version of this on You Tube for those who like that sort of thang 😊)

New Birth-I Can Understand It RCA

Ay up Martyn

Great choice for me got the Demo 

Atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
1 hour ago, Bruv said:

Had this great double sider delivered by Mr Postman today. Clydie King's  - Soft And Gentle Ways

glorious NS, lucky you Bruv

Social source share

Haven't posted in a longtime and have to confess to not having this tune in my collection - yet. I came across it on a sales list on here recently but foolishly let it slip through my fingers! Haven't we all done that and regretted it?  Only £15.00 too.

It's a slightly flawed tune, I think, in some respects as the progression at 1.31 is a bit jarring, but it all gets back on board for a flourishing finish with a nice reverby mix as the tune fades out. There is another version by Chuck which I think he must have recorded later but it's not as good.

In summary a really cool, indie sounding piece of Detroit soul.

Edited by autumnstoned
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
On 30/05/2018 at 16:01, gogger said:

Just came today let’s get together/Jonny benavidez, from the fantastic timmion label

because they are lovely people they also sent me the white promo, Timmion are fantastic...this is such a great sound

Social source share

Don't buy much these days but being a sucker for an instrumental heard this on a podcast last week and had to have it, my mate describes it as the Floral Dance on acid, sure it won't be to everyone's taste, bit of a Marmite moment me thinks

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
8 minutes ago, Twoshoes said:

Don't buy much these days but being a sucker for an instrumental heard this on a podcast last week and had to have it, my mate describes it as the Floral Dance on acid, sure it won't be to everyone's taste, bit of a Marmite moment me thinks

works for me, never heard it before

Social source share

Just thought i'd drop in & give you a flip side sound on the funky side, main side played at Stafford 

Jessie Fisher - Waiting - Way Out 

My copy came via Dave Evison to Keith Minshull then me !!

Edited by Kev John
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

12 minutes ago, Kev John said:

Just thought i'd drop in & give you a flip side sound on the funky side, main side played at Stafford 

Jessie Fisher - Waiting - Way Out 

My copy came via Dave Evison to Keith Minshull then me !!

Brill Double Sider From A Wonderful Label

• Up vote 1
Social source share

19 hours ago, Twoshoes said:

Massive at Wigan (79-ish?)

Got a picture cover copy,will dig it out & post a photo of it,worth seeing for the sombreros 😊

Cheers

Martyn

• Up vote 2
Social source share