SOUL SOURCE RECORD CLUB 2018, 50 YEARS OF RARE SOUL

dthedrug

43 minutes ago, Patto said:

Not been on this thread for a while and very impressed with the quality of stuff that ive missed.My contribution tonight is my latest purchase.A stormer from Detroit in the shape of The falcons.

Patto

Would love one of these,great tune 👍

Cheers

Martyn

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 04/06/2018 at 21:08, Twoshoes said:

Don't buy much these days but being a sucker for an instrumental heard this on a podcast last week and had to have it, my mate describes it as the Floral Dance on acid, sure it won't be to everyone's taste, bit of a Marmite moment me thinks

Here you go 😎

Baja.thumb.jpg.9796942c23f0a2141f3e6d16e3d2bad5.jpg

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 minute ago, Patto said:

NICE ONE Martyn they look like a fun bunch, the first village people.Always loved this instro from youth club stompin days.My copy is the Australian issue

Patto

It's the sombreros for me,can't understand why the fashion never took off at Wigan 🤣

Cheers

Martyn

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
On 07/06/2018 at 19:01, Patto said:

Not been on this thread for a while and very impressed with the quality of stuff that ive missed.My contribution tonight is my latest purchase.A stormer from Detroit in the shape of The falcons.

right up my street, no nonsense Northern banger isn't it, Oh Yeah!

Social source share

1 hour ago, Twoshoes said:

Had a few records sent me by an old mate who now lives in France, was delighted to find this amongst them. I'm not well up on pressings ,issues etc, the one I got is on Ron's records.

Prev unissued the first legit release is on the Soul King label as in the clip,With the fantastic Candle on the flip.The Rons is a later re issue.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I love Teena Marie (RIP). I think she's only had one mention on SS - so here we go. She made some great records and is right up there as a vocalist - check her out, you wont be disappointed. There a few versions of this. Ave it.

Pete

Edited by Peter99
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

On 26/06/2018 at 18:57, andybellwood said:

Another one now off the (long time) ‘wants’ list . Looking forward to giving it a spin at the Whitby Weekender . 

Paul Sindab ‘I was a fool’. 

Loved 'I was a fool' since Roger B used to play it at Hyde Botanical c. 1990, plus Mark Robertson from Manchester around the same time

Funny though, one of those tunes that totally takes off in a venue but always sounds a bit underpowered at home in comparison

• Up vote 3
Social source share

If my memory is correct - and I wouldn't stake any money on it, my first introduction to Tina, was via a little portable radio, late at night - might have been Froggys radio show, but equally that may well be bollox. Anyway this was the first track of hers that got me hooked - I did post it a while back and it was received well. I love her voice and I love the really messy bit at the end. She's also on my swoon list. :wub:

Pete

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 07/07/2018 at 12:27, RICK SCOTT said:

A Saturday morning Burner from me as an alternative to the Nate Adams And Tony Baxter versions which i have, but i have dug this out as an alternative,

Hope you enjoy, Wonderfull soulful Gem 😎

A real southern feel. Nice one Rick.

Pete 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

16 hours ago, gogger said:

Bought this awhile back rosco gordon / Jessie James, jomada label (promo)

Gogger

Brilliant dancer played it at Brid weekender but you should get the issue as it's got the even better "You Got My Bait" on it (I also played that at Brid)

Rosco Gordon-You Got My Bait Jomanda

• Up vote 2
Social source share

4 minutes ago, hullsoul said:

Gogger

Brilliant dancer played it at Brid weekender but you should get the issue as it's got the even better "You Got My Bait" on it (I also played that at Brid)

Thanks for the info martyn, great tune 👍

Edited by gogger
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

52 minutes ago, hullsoul said:

Gogger

Nice one Martyn , one of my old plays from A Taste of Honey , then Riley Smith Hall days . 

Social source share