SOUL SOURCE RECORD CLUB 2018, 50 YEARS OF RARE SOUL

dthedrug

Guest Spain pete
On 27/07/2018 at 16:16, RICK SCOTT said:

Here is one from 1978 - Happy Days playing this as a new release at 'Soul Scene' The Album version being heard here Defo THEE BEST, Love It!

"Happy summer Sound"

Dug the album out today one that's lurked in the basement forever certainly red wine and all that malarkey cheers for the  jog 👍👏👌🎶🎶

Social source share

On 02/07/2018 at 20:48, Peter99 said:

If my memory is correct - and I wouldn't stake any money on it, my first introduction to Tina, was via a little portable radio, late at night - might have been Froggys radio show, but equally that may well be bollox. Anyway this was the first track of hers that got me hooked - I did post it a while back and it was received well. I love her voice and I love the really messy bit at the end. She's also on my swoon list. :wub:

Pete

You can't beat a bit of 'café au lait' Dx

• Up vote 3
Social source share

On 23/07/2018 at 10:12, hullsoul said:

This rammed the floor at Klub Polonia on Saturday,looked like I was the only one who didn't know it (must get out more 😊).Another one that proves they don't have to expensive or rare to do the biz with the dancers.One due on the doormat shortly.

Ebony Jam-Ride On Amos

A nice demo arrived this morning, unfortunately the wife signed for it, so it didn't go down too well with her.

Ah well, thanks for sharing Martyn, it's got legs no doubt about it.

Here's another cheapo:

Jackie Beavers Hold On , mines SS7 DJ,  but it also came out on Jaber:

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 31/07/2018 at 15:09, hullsoul said:

Bit of good old fashioned northern from me today,half descent B side as well.

Anyone know who the Barbara is in the duo please,Rosco Gordon is the other half.

Rosco & Barbara-Could This Be Love Old Town

B side

TOTAL STORMER Martyn great record.I think i read somewhere that Barbara was Barbara Kerr and as stated later to become Rosco's Wife

Edited by Patto
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

On 06/08/2018 at 13:00, Mick Sway said:

A nice demo arrived this morning, unfortunately the wife signed for it, so it didn't go down too well with her.

Ah well, thanks for sharing Martyn, it's got legs no doubt about it.

Here's another cheapo:

Jackie Beavers Hold On , mines SS7 DJ,  but it also came out on Jaber:

Mick

Sorry for getting you a bollocking,you aren't the first or probably the last I've got into trouble over the years 😂

Jackey's a tune & a half,forgotten how good it is 👍

Cheers

Martyn

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 10/08/2018 at 19:46, Patto said:

TOTAL STORMER Martyn great record.I think i read somewhere that Barbara was Barbara Kerr and as stated later to become Rosco's Wife

Hey Up Patto

Nice one mate,glad you liked it.

Just got f*cking import duty on it stopped it been a cheapie,sure they are doing me ☹️

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

19 hours ago, Mick Sway said:

More meyther for  me, no doubt when it arrives.

Some call it crossover, I guess.

Missed this first time round, when it came out. May have featured here before, sorry if so.

Unreleased album track, according to the blurb:

James Reese & The Progressions ‎– Joker - NAJAMA

Ay up Mick

Young geeselad gave this a spin in the Dolly room @ the last  3 clubs all nighter sounded really good 

It passed me by to got me sen 1 now of discogs under a tenner of Mr Bongo 

Flip side worth a spin too !

Edited by Kev John
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Kev John said:

Ay up Mick

Young geeselad gave this a spin in the Dolly room @ the last  3 clubs all nighter sounded really good 

It passed me by to got me sen 1 now of discogs under a tenner of Mr Bongo 

Flip side worth a spin too !

Where dust think me bro, got from Kev?

Dunna let on that ha said though.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Bruv said:

Another Mega Oldie I managed to add to the collection last month, The Fi-Dels - Try A Little Harder I have only just sussed how to post YouTube clips up again on the Site, having struggled for the last few weeks.  :g:  :hatsoff2:

Youre getting some Top Classic together Bruv.Not easy with todays crazy prices

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Bruv said:

Another Mega Oldie I managed to add to the collection last month, The Fi-Dels - Try A Little Harder I have only just sussed how to post YouTube clips up again on the Site, having struggled for the last few weeks.  :g:  :hatsoff2:

The epitome of the Motown sound. 

Social source share

Well, Don't know what you will make of this Left Field full On African Funk, but it is as Black and Full On as it Gets, You all know me by now, Love to put up things you may or may not need to know about rather than the Tried And Tested. This is Funky as S**T Then Some (English Translation, Love Is Me, Love Is You)

Edited by RICK SCOTT
more info
Social source share

Guest Spain pete
3 hours ago, RICK SCOTT said:

Well, Don't know what you will make of this Left Field full On African Funk, but it is as Black and Full On as it Gets, You all know me by now, Love to put up things you may or may not need to know about rather than the Tried And Tested. This is Funky as S**T Then Some (English Translation, Love Is Me, Love Is You)

Social source share

Guest Spain pete

Love it ! Been playing African music machine all day   , never name a baby  Funk at it's best 

10 hours ago, RICK SCOTT said:

7 hours ago, Spain pete said:

Social source share

On 31/07/2018 at 15:09, hullsoul said:

Bit of good old fashioned northern from me today,half descent B side as well.

Anyone know who the Barbara is in the duo please,Rosco Gordon is the other half.

Rosco & Barbara-Could This Be Love Old Town

B side

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2002/aug/19/guardianobituaries.arts

Confirms was his wife

Social source share

3 hours ago, RICK SCOTT said:

This is a wonderful instrumental the deserves some more spins out, was popular for me back in the day and people used to say it has a bit of 'Frankie Crocker' going on about it, What do you think ? Crank it up and give it some welly! 

I used to love you playing this

• Up vote 3
Social source share

4 hours ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

I used to love you playing this

*Thank You *  The 12" version i played was on the Nylon Label, Better Mix  though it's not on YouTube,I  used to pitch it down a bit too ,Still play it when i get the chance, A Fab Record ! Rick.

Edited by RICK SCOTT
more info
Social source share