This is Angie.. Cancer Research Soul, survival and Grapefruit

Im not sure if this has been posted already and its a sensitive one but also inspiring.

Cancer Research broadcast this as one of their TV ads this week , showing Angie coping  with chemo; and laughing through it to conclude with her doing her stuff to a Northern Soul instrumental at what looks to be Hitsville  , which I think is a London venue. ? I don't; recognise the  track .. nor does my Shazam .. any takers.  

Soul music helped me get through Radio Therapy for Lymphoma last year , and Im sure I won't be alone on that journey. Its one that doesn't always have a happy ending , so Im sensitive to loses people have suffered and anyone still coping with their own cancer or that of a loved one . What I think this ad and Cancer Research are trying to do is convince  both the public, patients ,and loved ones and of course potential donors that more and more people are coming through cancer thanks to research and medical progress and advances. Im going to risk sharing some of the tunes that got me through radio therapy .. you might have your own. 

Songs of Survival.... 

• Everything is Going to Be Alright . PP Arnold .  Not necessarily a personal favourite  before my health issues but its   chorus  provided both a  positive beat and inane message  of optimism that I needed at the time. 
  • Nothing Can Stop Me . The Impressions. Classic Chicago Soul , which was about survival from a broken heart .. but reinforced my resolve to come through Cancer. 
  • Aint No Stopping Us Now. Mc Fadden and Whitehead.  One of my all time top Soul anthems , and a Philly classic with an inspiring message of optimism and hope. 
  • Optimistic . Sounds of Blackness. Spiritual Soul anthem with those unmistakable Ann Nesby vocals, .. also works for divorce, redundancy .. and most of life's hurdles. 

Just a reminder about the Soul Against Cancer fund raising group /events which deserve your support. 

https://wendyaoneil.wixsite.com/nsac

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!