• Replies 28
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

thanks  for passing on John

sad news 

one source says

The Boogie Report Has Confirmed The Passing Of The Soul Blues Queen Denise Lasalle.

Sources Close To The Family Say Denise Lasalle Died Around 10.30 Monday Night In A Tennessee Hospital from Complications Of A Recent Surgery ...Additional Details Will Be Forwarded as Facts Become Available..

https://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1010956245373&ca=233bf57c-9c48-4f3d-8b8f-8e777edf2de0

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Come to Bed and Here I am are a couple of my favourites. She became a really big deal to me when I started collecting Malaco at the start of the eighties.

Saw her on a bill with Mosley and Johnson, Johnnie Taylor and Bobby Bland circa 87. You think these people will go on for ever but hopefully their music will.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Details of her services  ............

Memorial Service: Thursday 11th January 2018    -- Christ Missionary Baptist Church 494 S Parkway E Memphis Tennessee ... from 4:00-7:00

Funeral: Saturday 13th January 2018-- 11 am;  Liberty Hill High School in Jackson Tennessee   ..     Visitation 9:00-11:00

Social source share

This is sad news, I had the pleasure of meeting Denise a number of times in visits to the USA as well as interviewing her for my radio show on Kiss FM -London back in the day. An incredible talent, a lady of strong character, who didn't suffer fools. My fave from Denise Lasalle is the 60s release 'A Love Reputation' on Tarpon / Cadet (USA). A superb singer who will be surely missed to those of us who favor the real deal. My condolences go out to her family and friends. R.I.P Denise Lasalle

Dr Bob Jones. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!