News: Ben Sherman 2018 Northern Soul

Mike

BEN SHERMAN- ORIGINAL?- not really, its been done to death, oh and people on the scene, well they don't like the commercial exploitation of it, unless there being commercially exploited and they not really the types you want to wear these clothes! cheesy and tasteless. I did my Northern soul collection in 1990, when the UK moved to a different beat!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Fantastic great to see our own dance champion in the mix for this show & that its a real dancers on the scene that have taken part well done simon for 

keeping it real .(non proffesional ) .i shall be putting this on my UTUBE site . round of applause for our Simon Walsgrove of NUNEATON 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Ahoy Sailor said:

Jesus....most of that clobber is stinking....

it just all looks like sale rail shite, cant imagine the designers have a clue about who buys this crap. they don't seems to have a any idea who the target audience is. apart from the original 60s gear (which was a cheap British alternative to brookes brothers shirts) the brand value is pretty low- think Falmers in the 8ts. This will do  sweet FA to add value to the brand.

the real deal

Image result for 1960's brooks brothers shirts

Edited by geeselad
updated
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Of course they will have an idea who they are selling to but guess what it ain’t you. 

Its a mainstream fashion label not some underground two bit operation and it has always been involved in british youth culture. 

Same old dancers? Same old dance maybe but to be fair to them they do it with more panache than most people I’ve seen of the original generation of late.  

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, JNixon said:

Of course they will have an idea who they are selling to but guess what it ain’t you. 

Its a mainstream fashion label not some underground two bit operation and it has always been involved in british youth culture. 

Same old dancers? Same old dance maybe but to be fair to them they do it with more panache than most people I’ve seen of the original generation of late.  

Ok, my degree in fashion from St Martins, must give me a rather limited insight. As does my 17 year's working in a secondary with kids 11-18. Or possibly the last 5years I've sent 3 nights a week at bmx tracks and parks with my son and loads or teenagers and youths in their early 20s. I'll give you the brand may have been cool in the late 60's and early  70s but its simply not a desirable brand and has sold any chance of credibility with countless ugly cash ins. Cheese and tacky. Sorry for the sarcasm and  I may not be the target audience but I do have an credible veiw on this. They sell in places like Debenham, its not Thierry muglar for Christ's sake. 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

On 2/14/2018 at 12:07, IAN STACEY said:

nice find i posted it on my site & g+ network  great dancer simon walsgrove very proud of our dance champion

There's some cool stuff on there - and some pretty girls! :wub:

Autumn of Tomorrow sounds really cool and upfront too - makes the vid in my view. Funny that. I'll play it to some of my young hustlers tomorrow.

Pete

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 09/01/2018 at 13:00, Ahoy Sailor said:

Don't they realise that their target audience really should be 50+ balding and overweight men and not the "yoot" :|

Not all of us i'm 65 still with a good head of hair and not overweight. Lol                    Regards Fred. 

Social source share

Beams plus and gitman vintage in the sales is my choice.

cant say i've even heard of those brands mentioned by zodiac club.

just checked out the first one and those collars are a bit extreme for me. 

Ben sherman ok for 20 quid from tk max hardly the heritge brand they claim to be though.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

With reference to the button down collar shirts, no way are they now as good as they used to be.The ones I saw in a local Ben shreman outlet shop were not Oxford cotton, wern't straight cut at the waist so you could wear in or out .The collar was lower and the buttons were in a different position, critical so when you undo the top button the collar will stand up and look dead smart.All the shirts i saw had long sleeves whereas we were always able to buy short sleeved. Maybe it was because it was an outlet shop I don't know. I think a lot of you on SS will understand my comments as you will like me have been on the scene for a while and will be able to differentiate between what was and what is now. As for the record as said earlier a brilliant sound The Crow:-Your autumn of tomorrow on our very own Dave Godins Right on Label

Regards Fred. 

Edited by Mr Fred
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!