‘TRACKS TO YOUR MIND’ Fanzine: Robby Lawson, Superlatives story.

For Sale: Tracks to your mind Fanzine: New Jersey Special. £10.  

This is a 22 year old fanzine put together in 1995, following a trip to New Jersey where I interviewed Paul Kyser and Earl Morgan about Robby Lawson Burning Sensation, The Superlatives,The Superbs On Catamount, The Shalimars and Ronnie Goodson. It’s a bit dated but the facts hold up still and the stories herein were unknown before the publication of this fanzine, some 30 years after these records were made and a good 20 years after they were first played.

Sales were so poor at the time that I lost hope and never followed it up with a further fanzine, despite having 100’s of hours worth of taped interviews to do many such fanzines. The appetite back then was for pics and label photos and discographies, not background stories. My instinct is that things have changed, and that a deeper understanding is now being sought. So I’ll try again......22 years on! Lol.

Go on, take a chance; learn a few things about what’s behind records we all love, and keep yourself off the streets for an hour or two! What’s a tenner in 2018? Two or three pints in the pub if that; leaving you with what? A bigger belly, a broken New Years Resolution possibly, a full bladder and not a lot else! 

FD60DD8A-9722-464A-9006-EE78A78FF60E.jpeg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Tim, its Al Coney,hope you are well, just wanted to say mate, the fanzine of yours Tracks to my mind,is brilliant, I pulled my copy out over the christmas period to read again, to be honest I had forgotten how much information is in it.If people are not messaging you constantly to buy a copy then  I am afraid the soul scene is in a very poor state. Take care Tim and hopefully will c u out and about somewhere in 2018 as I  am mow fully recovered after my twisted testicle and hernia escapade last year,and if you had heard the rumours Andy Dyson was telling everyone how I had done it trust me mate they aint true.Take care Tim best always Al Coney (ps is your address still lecder avenue let me know mate as i got that dvd of Andy with Ralph soul Jackson and Herman Hitson copied if you want a copy mate)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!