Rare Modern Soul Bargain Of The Day

Dave Thorley

Another rare 45 at a great price, Plus a few others !!!!! .................... Released in 1979 by one time member of The Floaters, Brimstone Ingram on his own Detroit label. Here he wrote and produced both sides of this killa female midtempo modern soul winner.
Now real hard to find and in this condition, even harder. Stone mint, never seen a needle. 3 Copies to go at this price. Has sold for £100+ in the past, very few copies been up for sale in the last few years, don't miss it !!!!
Chantique - I'm know I'm falling in love / Too much of anything - AIP International - £50 +P&P

OTHER BARGAINS & HOT SELLERS
MIGHTY ELEGANT - I find myself falling in love with you / I don't know what it is, but it sho is funky - Jaber £60 + P&P
Rare Sweet Soul - Killa Price .......................
2 COPIES LEFT at a killa price of this outstanding sweet soul 45, that comes with the bonus of a legendary funk flip. Here on the much rarer (vinyl) first press on Jackey Beavers label Jaber. Regularly sells for over £100 on the web. These have never seen a needle, stone mint, when there gone, there gone for good.
Heartbreaking sweet vocals, over tight group backing harmonies, souring strings that will melt your heart. Flip is a must have funk midtempo funk burner, later sampled by many. Recorded in Detroit by Jackey and his long term partner Jack Hill, when he lived in Grand Rapids, Mi. Two outstanding sides here to go .................
Mighty Elegant - I find myself falling in love with you / I don't know what it is, but it sho is funky - Jaber £60 + P&P
Here Both Sides ..............

MR. WONDERFUL BAND - We ain't got (No money) / There's no deeper love for a woman, than another woman's love - Mr Wonderful Records £25 +P&P - HANDFUL LEFT !!!
Over 75 sold in just over a week, have the very last of these left. This has been ripping up Europe in the last month or so, last of the copies the band has ............Ron Lewis and his happy band of musicians have recently been into the studio and recorded two new sides, which they have now put out on this little limited press 45. Many of the band have come from some of the city's great bands of the past, including Unhooked Generation.
A side is a nice midtempo rhythm driven soulful dancer, flip a pretty, heart felt soulful stepper

Hear both on the links

BOBBIE ROBERSON - Don't you leave me baby/Don't turn your back on me baby - Bolivia - 2 COPIES LEFT !!!!
Story goes like this, both recordings were released as The Founders on the same label, Bolivia which sells for as much as £200. A couple of years later the label owner and band leader released the same two tracks under the name of the lead singer. Then with a sudden move from N.Y. to The Deep South and personal issues nothing was done with it and these sat in storage for many years. So just to spread some Christmas cheer here are a handful copies being offered @£45 +P&P, stone mint never seen a needle
This has become, over the years a 'Lowrider' classic, with the bonus of a nice crossover flip. Soulful in the extreme, female lead over male group harmonies. Not available anywhere else on the web at the moment and has sold for over £100,

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 3
  • Views 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!