Clutch of 33's

Another handful of collectable Soul LPs up for grabs, no duffers here, all contain great tracks, some issued on 45, others unissued.  More to follow over the next week or so.

Cover graded first & vinyl second, always conservative and satisfaction guaranteed

St = Stereo, Mo = Mono (Mono’s the harder to find in most cases)

Full track list and label photos on request

Maxine Brown – Out of sight – Epic 26395 (St) Ex/Ex+ £75 Canadian SOLD

(Mike Terry, a name synonymous with hall of fame Detroit classics, produces and arranges the entire album, casting a watchful eye and finishing touches to Maxine’s tremendous performances.  Filled with winners, the classy “Don’t leave me baby” using the backing from Willie Kendrick’s awesome “What’s that on your finger”, the super dancer “Just give me one good reason”, the infectious “Sugar Dumplin’, an edgy cover Hebb’s of “Sunny” and a gloriously femme version of the Temps “I wish it would rain”.  This would be up for a bit less but it’s a Canadian copy with Maxine’s signature on the back cover, gotta be a rare combination to own)

5a5d0798111fc_MaxineBrownOutofSite.JPG.52fe20a06d380a368266892e9a3701d1.JPG

Frank Dell – Yesterdays people – Guinness 36001 (St) Ex/M- £50 SOLD

(What a fella, luscious vocals on all these tracks, with the 2 Valise champs “He broke your game wide open”, that guitar intro still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up knowing what’s coming, and the underrated “Baby you’ve got it”, a punchy dance floor filler with superb girly backing vocals. Cover has a cut out on one corner, and a minor crease in another)

5a5d07979ae7c_FrankDellYesterdaysPeople.JPG.6a4caa7eb7691451d8c88d62fb54e605.JPG

Charlie Rich – Best of – Hi 418 (St) Ex+/Ex+ £30 SOLD

(As is the tradition of Northern Soul, it turns up tracks by artists you wouldn’t associate with a Soul output, Narvel Felts – “Girl come back” – Renay would be another example of a renowned Country singer being picked up by the scene’s entrepreneurial DJs.  Charlie Rich is an apex artist in that genre, so we could shake our heads thinking we’re hearing things when the fantastic “Don’t tear me down” appears like a steam train on this LP, all the qualities of a top Northern beat ballad and never released on US 45, a crying shame)  

5a5d0796a4f72_CharlieRichBestof.JPG.a6af8eb973c1233502155ab96203bbf7.JPG

Dee Dee Warwick – I wan’t to be with you – Mercury 21000 (Mo) Ex-/Ex- £25 Canadian SOLD

(This girl can belt them out, and with no group around her for moral support like the Motown girls, perhaps this young black American was the answer to Sandie Shaw, Dusty Springfield, Petula Clark and Helen Shapiro to name the crème.  Some excellent tracks here, notably the emphatic floor filler “Worth every tear I cry”, the catchy “We’re doing fine”, a subtle cover of “I’m gonna make you love me”. Cover has a slight split top and bottom on sleeve side, still solid though. Uncommon Canadian Mono copy)

5a5d0796eef14_DeeDeeWarwickIwanttobewithyou.JPG.d17db181aca1875b5e2b0fb65c29eb81.JPG

Isley Brothers – Tamla Motown presents – MFP 50014 (St) Ex/Ex £15 UK

(As is the way of Motown groups, they were brilliant in their own right, but liked to cover their stable mate’s tracks, so this album does what it says on the tin and presents us with a glorious array of big hitters including “Sad Souvenirs”, the mesmerizing and unreleased until the dawn of the TMG Box Sets “My love is your love” (my reason for picking up this LP), the edgy “Little miss sweetness” and “Got to have you back”.  Top quality vocals throughout, rich and graceful, bold and forceful, something for every re-worked track. Small sticker residue on top right corner)

5a5d0797cf250_IsleyBrothersTamlaMotownpresents.JPG.6904db2459c2649f3b96d4dc05048515.JPG

PayPal as friends or add 4% or bank transfer please.

Postage:

£3.50 – Regular 1st Class (Up to £50)

£5 – 1st Class Signed For (Up to £50)

UK Special Delivery on request

Overseas on Request

Cheers, Lee

Edited by SoulfulSolutions
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 788
  • Created