News: Ebay Auction Soul High Flyers - Results December 2017

Mike

Terry Callier.  Ordinary Joe. Can't believe that it has achieved a four figure price even if it's in dollars.  Brilliant record and one of my all time favourites but how much even for such a rare item as a issue . Is it because Terry Callier has passed away  ? 

Steve 

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share

23 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Terry Callier.  Ordinary Joe. Can't believe that it has achieved a four figure price even if it's in dollars.  Brilliant record and one of my all time favourites but how much even for such a rare item as a issue . Is it because Terry Callier has passed away  ? 

Steve 

it was always assumed to be much commoner than 'look at me now' wasn't it? 

Social source share

Some corking tunes in this round-up, with a few rarely seen up for grabs. Seems like you need a couple of spare thousand quid to snag the very rare ‘uns these days.

Got to be DJ’s winning these at higher than ever prices as your ordinary collector can live without them. Is the Sag War Fare track really worth the sum paid for it?

Social source share

I look at this list every month and wonder what happens to the one at the top of the pile.

Does the buyer get a massive high when he opens the packet and touches this ultra rare record?.....I would hope so.

Does he or she stick it on the record player within the next 5 minutes? I would hope so.

Does he or she play it again including the flip side .....defo.

But what happens the following day or week?

With say 50,000 45’s already in his or her collection how many more times will it get a play?

Will it get therefore get filed under L or C or even D? 

Will it perhaps get played at an event on someone else’s dodgy stylus/turntable or shaky table?

My particular thought on this purchase and on other ones I see at the top of the monthly list is that a few people on the scene have got this vinyl collecting thing really BAD.

But enlighten me someone......especially if you are this particular her or him.

And keep it civil LOL.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
10 minutes ago, Mal C said:

Can’t answer your post mate, but I will say this, I’m waiting for this upspike in prices to cool, once all the older guys have off loaded their records in the next 3/4 years, I think allot of these records are going to plummet in price...

so quite literally allot fewer younger collectors will have access to a massive amount of 45s.... and they will be allot cheaper than they are now...

I think, and this is my view, you are fool to pay these silly prices now, I’d wait, bide your time, one thing that the last 3 years has shown me, is just how many so called ‘Rare’ records are out there, there are plenty... 

just my view of course 

M

Mal I hear where you're coming from and obviously hope you are correct from a self interest perspective - but as John Manship said recently, it's a global thing now with interest in the records from all over the world, so I just think prices will continue to go up 'cos of that - not saying it's right, just the way it is

Social source share

Mal the flip side of the coin is, there are still plenty of collectors out there in there sixties like myself who unfortunately can not hang on a few years to see if the price tumbles or wait until they can find a cheaper copy, we might not be here, we will probably be pushing up daisies so if you want something & can afford it you have to buy it or start buying leggo because it ain't going down just yet

Social source share

Totally agree about the prices are not going to drop any time soon. We've been seeing a steady rise in prices in the last ten year's and in the last five year's prices have  rocketed especially the more well known  classics. Records I would class as great but not rare are fetching hundreds of pounds whereas personally think they should be much cheaper. Don't know who is buying them at such prices, speaking to people in record bars and collectors it's not them or they're not admitting to it. 

Steve 

Social source share

Mind blowing amount of money for the Terry Callier - Ordinary Joe 45.

I picked up Terry's Occasional Rain Album with Ordinary Joe included for $30 plus post last summer. 

There is a promo single on Discogs now and that's only £360 plus post.....:thumbsup:  :hatsoff2:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

17 minutes ago, Bruv said:

Mind blowing amount of money for the Terry Callier - Ordinary Joe 45.

I picked up Terry's Occasional Rain Album with Ordinary Joe included for $30 plus post last summer. 

There is a promo single on Discogs now and that's only £360 plus post.....:thumbsup:  :hatsoff2:

Had the pleasure of seeing him and then meeting him , even got my picture taken with him. Terry then autographed my white sleeve cover of Ordinary Joe. With the words to Steve your just a ordinary Joe lots of love Terry Callier.  

Steve 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

11 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Had the pleasure of seeing him and then meeting him , even got my picture taken with him. Terry then autographed my white sleeve cover of Ordinary Joe. With the words to Steve your just a ordinary Joe lots of love Terry Callier.  

Steve 

That's brilliant Steve, great stuff. :thumbup:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!