Which dj ?

Gav thompson rotherham played a fabulous set last friday at darnall horti club sheffield and another on sunday at tickhill  doncaster:hatsoff2:no big name but great stuff I ant heard before :wicked:atb baz . Maybe frankie newsome and joe hinton I knew :wicked:👍😂

Edited by baz1
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Hi

for me it has to be Ian Clark at Yate

Ian played some fantastics tunes and had great taste, i wish he would come out of retirement

for one more Yate revival.

also Gary Rushbrook another DJ with great taste, more up to date it has to be Butch

ATB

Floyd:thumbsup:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Contrary to my earliercomments. It's taken me a while but finally thought of a few:all seem to be missing in action.

Killa (not heard of him for ages) Adam topping, come on Adam, it's been a year! And of course karl Heard. Not heard any new comers quite as progressively aggressive in their plays yet. 

Edited by geeselad
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
1 hour ago, geeselad said:

Contrary to my earliercomments. It's taken me a while but finally thought of a few:all seem to be missing in action.

Killa (not heard of him for ages) Adam topping, come on Adam, it's been a year! And of course karl Heard. Not heard any new comers quite as progressively aggressive in their plays yet. 

if you don't mind me asking what would be "progressively aggressive"? genuinely curious

Social source share

57 minutes ago, geeselad said:

It would be almost impossible for a newcomer to come onto the scene and get the knowledge required to be progressively aggressive.  Unless they have some mentors in the background.

you can develop an ear for a good record and beaver away and gaining knowledge and putting together a collection or a DJ box but i think you need to put in a lot of hard work first.

most newcomers will have the ocean of oldies to work through first.

Social source share

2 hours ago, dylan said:

It would be almost impossible for a newcomer to come onto the scene and get the knowledge required to be progressively aggressive.  Unless they have some mentors in the background.

you can develop an ear for a good record and beaver away and gaining knowledge and putting together a collection or a DJ box but i think you need to put in a lot of hard work first.

most newcomers will have the ocean of oldies to work through first.

I meant newcomers to djing not necessarily to the scene. Of which there are many. 

Social source share

For me finding great records that were not already classics and not hugely known was always far more exciting than chasing classics.

I remember finally getting the innersouls on plemmons.

the uptempo side was being played by a couple of dj,s but the flip was mostly ignored as a club record.  It might still be now ? Midtempo magic and i still love to hear it now.  Its on the current car CD.

just a random example.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

My feeling on this is that the digital and internet have killed the thrill by making too many things bare cheap commercial disposable products without discernement.

By the mid 8T's through the 9T's the scenes (northern and others) were much more healthier musically as it was much more creative as it was striving barely.

And I like the idea to follow some records when it's your only chance to hear (in real or about...) but to follow DJ's sounds too much like a cult to me.

And if God is a DJ (who knows) the DJ is never a God to me. Now to support or favor some DJ's is natural as it is to dislike some just as it is with venues/events...

So no, I never followed any DJ but was very happy to have seen some doing the best of best spot at times and heard as discovered brilliant tunes for great memories.

Edited by tlscapital
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

5 hours ago, tlscapital said:

My feeling on this is that the digital and internet have killed the thrill by making too many things bare cheap commercial disposable products without discernement.

By the mid 8T's through the 9T's the scenes (northern and others) were much more healthier musically as it was much more creative as it was striving barely.

And I like the idea to follow some records when it's your only chance to hear (in real or about...) but to follow DJ's sounds too much like a cult to me.

And if God is a DJ (who knows) the DJ is never a God to me. Now to support or favor some DJ's is natural as it is to dislike some just as it is with venues/events...

So no, I never followed any DJ but was very happy to have seen some doing the best of best spot at times and heard as discovered brilliant tunes for great memories.

The internet has changed things hugely the ability to share music online and find countless rare tracks instantly.

paper lists and sales tapes RIP.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!