our ladys youth club lancaster

Mark Soul

hi im after running a our ladys youth club reunion night anybody got any photos of the youth club inside or outside or pictures of big ron he was the man at the helm i know its a long shot but you may have photos in the loft our ladys was were i first heard northern soul back in the 70s like a lot of other people in lancaster cheers mark lancaster soul club

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

On 20 January 2018 at 14:02, mark soul said:

hi im after running a our ladys youth club reunion night anybody got any photos of the youth club inside or outside or pictures of big ron he was the man at the helm i know its a long shot but you may have photos in the loft our ladys was were i first heard northern soul back in the 70s like a lot of other people in lancaster cheers mark lancaster soul club

Hi, have you tried Steve Middlesbrough ? He may have some from back in Radio Doom days when he was an apprentice DJ at the Club.

Taff

Social source share

12 hours ago, mark soul said:

cheers saxaphone will contact steve cheers mark lancaster soul club

Mark, I remember big Ron with his cross hanging from his neck stepping in to a riot between the local Morecambe and Lancaster skins and a scooter crew outside the Club - could have been Preston or Blackpool scooter club ? Riot over, everyone piled back in to hear a Little Piece of Leather booming and get a bollocking from Ron for unchristian behaviour ! 

The battle on the bridge against the New Planet Nebs was another very unchristian night when the Club regulars objected to the Hell's Angels taking up residence in the old station.

Exchanges of petrol bombs and gunshots was certainly a first for me.

Always great tunes at the Club tho.

On reflection it is strange that a "Youth Club" had such a very loyal  hard core clientele of scooter boys and skins who would go to the pub round the corner then back to the Club for the music before heading elsewhere.

Happy days ! 

Taff

Edited by Saxafone
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!