SO WHO'S TAKING A MORTGAGE OUT?

Dis57

Well, someone might snag the Larry Clinton for less than the previous one sold for. I don’t recall seeing an auction list like this before in terms of major rarities and mint condition items. It looks like a warehouse find or distributor buy-out judging from the range of top-notch sounds. Loads of people watching and bidding so competition will be too hot for bargain hunters. Probably best to sell the house to grab the most coveted records and beat off the middle-men dealers...

Social source share

Not promoting, simply sharing. The list of records up for auction is incredible, Larry Clinton, Gene Toones, Danny Monday etc. all from one seller and he is a good one with real records. Wish I had the money!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_sop=3&_ssn=recordjungle&hash=item1ed7b95d63%3Ag%3AW8IAAOSwfpBaWSgz&item=132468268387&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xnorthern+soul.TRS0&_nkw=northern+soul&_sacat=0

Edited by jim g
Social source share

Billy Thompson is rarely for sale on Columbus, but there are plenty of them in collections.  I know of at least 3 maybe 4 originals on Columbus within 5 miles of my house!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

5 minutes ago, gointoagogo said:

I haven't bought a Northern record for ages but I'd love the Arin Demain 45- but even the customs charges would be a few hundred quid? You can't really ask him to put a $10 value on something like this can you?

That's what I was thinking!  It's a real pain buying expensive records from the USA!  And if you want to return an expensive item, you have to pay high postage again!

I tend only to buy things from USA,  I can stand to lose!

Social source share

8 minutes ago, gointoagogo said:

I haven't bought a Northern record for ages but I'd love the Arin Demain 45- but even the customs charges would be a few hundred quid? You can't really ask him to put a $10 value on something like this can you?

When i look back at what i used to spend and then penny pinch on postage it was crazy.

i doubt i was alone.

remarkably i dont think any got lost.

Social source share

1 hour ago, shufflin said:

we're going to see some under £100 records make big numbers, Sunday will be interesting

what is driving the constant price increases? EU/Global DJ's? UK people getting access to pension pots?

I dont see why ?

Social source share

These guys are good news and know their stuff. They had some eBay auctions a few years ago and were happy to ‘low value the ticket...’ This prompted me to visit the store in East LA - took a bit of finding but there was absolutely nothing in the racks worth taking away. All their best stuff goes online, and this haul must rank as one of the best to come to market in recent years. It almost looks like a collector selling up such is the sheer quality on show but the records are mint, unplayed and still in their original sleeves.

Social source share

52 minutes ago, shufflin said:

I keep being outbid on a lower value item - I suspect this auction is too well publicised & no bargains to be had ;-)

I think some of the lower end items will go cheaply as the focus will be on the high end stuff. Even if the £100 sounds fetch a bit more, the mint condition justifies the outlay. Awkward finishing time is also a factor. Just pick a target and bid to win it. Maybe we should agree our targets on Soul Source to give each other a free run without the competition...

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

Loads of mint demos suggests a radio station haul.  Must have picked up plenty of shite too, so I guess what we're seeing on eBay is the cream of the crop.  On the other hand I could be totally wrong:huh:

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
On 2/3/2018 at 15:42, Supercorsa said:

I managed to win one of the cheaper records and have just received it today. Arrived on a box with just one card stiffener, my record is fine, but wonder how well packed the more expensive ones are? :g:

20180203_153924.thumb.jpg.0d4caaab90bd1d6e13616f46eef5f571.jpg

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Shufflin
1 hour ago, sheldonsoul said:

Record jungle listed some more real nice tunes

did you have to ;-)

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

On 19/02/2018 at 19:07, sheldonsoul said:

Record jungle listed some more real nice tunes

Yep, another batch of serious big-hitters, some of which were on offer earlier so presumably there are multiple copies of a few titles. Looks like a distributor buy-out given the breadth of titles.

In the earlier batch, one buyer, e***e with a rating of 103, snagged 4 of the titles I was watching closely - Danny Monday, Gene Toones, Volcanos, and Larry Clinton. These cost $16,482, a colossal sum by any standards. The buyer may have had other winning bids also.

So, who is the mystery bidder? Hollywood celebrity, top-dealer, Lottery Winner, avid collector blowing pension pot...answers on a postcard please...

Edited by FRANKIE CROCKER
Added Gene Toones
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!