Buffering?

Twoshoes

Mods please move if in wrong forum ,I put it here as it is relevant to the Podcasts hoping those who listen might have an answer, does anyone else find buffering a problem when listening to podcasts, generally happens for me around the hour mark if listening to a long cast and doesn't restart. When I re open the link on a different page it goes to the previous stop point but continues buffering. Am I doing something wrong ,is it my internet connection running slow, really getting to me now ggggrrrrr! 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 1/24/2018 at 11:38, Twoshoes said:

Mods please move if in wrong forum ,I put it here as it is relevant to the Podcasts hoping those who listen might have an answer, does anyone else find buffering a problem when listening to podcasts, generally happens for me around the hour mark if listening to a long cast and doesn't restart. When I re open the link on a different page it goes to the previous stop point but continues buffering. Am I doing something wrong ,is it my internet connection running slow, really getting to me now ggggrrrrr! 

Try searching for a broadband speed checking site, you need to have a download speed of at least 5Mb/second for streaming (don't worry about upload speed). Even if you have a good download speed you need to have a decent speed from your router to your computer. To get the best results don't use wifi but connect them with an Ethernet cable, much faster.

If you have to use wifi because your router is in another room, try putting it up somewhere high and not situated  close to anything dense which would 'absorb' the signal.

You can get adapters for using Ethernet cable via you electric sockets.

You can often download a podcast etc faster than stream it and then listen to it; you can get  browser ad-ons to download Mixcloud. Try the 30 day trial of Internet Download Manager, highly recommended. great for YouTube

Remember, even  if you are a high user (regardless of being 'unlimited') and at peek times your service provider may "throttle" your download speed.

ethernet 1.jpg

ethernet 2.jpg

ethernet wall adapter.jpg

Edited by simon t
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, simon t said:

Try searching for a broadband speed checking site, you need to have a download speed of at least 5Mb/second for streaming (don't worry about upload speed). Even if you have a good download speed you need to have a decent speed from your router to your computer. To get the best results don't use wifi but connect them with an Ethernet cable, much faster.

If you have to use wifi because your router is in another room, try putting it up somewhere high and not situated  close to anything dense which would 'absorb' the signal.

You can get adapters for using Ethernet cable via you electric sockets.

You can often download a podcast etc faster than stream it and then listen to it; you can get  browser ad-ons to download Mixcloud. Try the 30 day trial of Internet Download Manager, highly recommended. great for YouTube

Remember, even  if you are a high user (regardless of being 'unlimited') and at peek times your service provider may "throttle" your download speed.

Cheers Simon, couple of things you mention could be relevant to my problem, cheers 

10 hours ago, garswood said:

Or could be your WiFi router in bad position or needs updating, I had similar problem with podcasts, watching bbc I player and Netflix... phil

I'll try moving my router as both you and Simon suggest that could be part of the problem , it never occurred to me that it is not in an ideal position where it is currently sat.

14 hours ago, SOULMAN62 said:

Clean your pc system, this could help

I try to keep things in check but will do a de frag and clean up ,thanks for taking the trouble to reply chaps much appreciated

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!