Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Kev John

Posting / Bumping events

Have have now been given another warning by the MODS for over promoting 

We have an event on Saturday & we've only had 2 weeks to promote it 

There are 12 post on the event 8 of which are mine which  where above board & gave information  on our event 

So that's about 1 a day

So i made a mistake in in putting up an image i get a warning & warned if this happens again i will have action taken on my account

The point i want to make is 

There are hundreds of events on here where there is  no posts  & no activity & not contributing nothing to Soul Source Event Forums 

I did say that  was posting once a day classed as BUMPING  UP EVENTS 

If so are we being restricted on posting ?

thanks for your views

event in question is here

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/calendar/event/54350-our-time-is-now-2018/

you have removed 2 images

there are still 4 spam type images left up 

the guidelines do say

• COMMENTS - Please use the event comments to pass on informative info only - Please do NOT use the comments to bump events up

all ask is that people respect and where possible follow our requests/guidelines 

a warning was given to you to let you know that your actions were again a concern and if continued would lead to further action being taken

as it says to all promoters.....

Please use the event comments to pass on informative info only

Please do NOT use the comments to bump events up

regards

mike

Edited by mike

24 minutes ago, mike said:

thanks for your views

the guidelines do say

• COMMENTS - Please use the event comments to pass on informative info only - Please do NOT use the comments to bump events up

all ask is that people respect and where possible follow our requests/guidelines 

a warning was given to you to let you know that your actions were again a concern and if continued would lead to further action being taken

regards

mike

Nothing has been said about the other 4 images until NOW !

The only image reffered to was warm welcome one

But i do note them now DO you want them removed ?

Also my warning is on my account till 1/4/18 

regards 

Kev

Edited by Kev John

26 minutes ago, mike said:

thanks for your views

the guidelines do say

regards

mike

Just for clarity Mike..do the guidelines only apply to the promoters of the event ?

I have looked at the other images they are not spam posts imho

They are representing what we doing at our event 

I don't think i broke any rules & guidelines 

Edited by Kev John

14 minutes ago, jez jones said:

Just for clarity Mike..do the guidelines only apply to the promoters of the event ?

only promoters/event posters see them so yep within reason

12 minutes ago, Kev John said:

I have looked at the other images they are not spam posts imho

They are representing what we doing at our event 

unfortunately, we have to disagree on this as  I  do consider large images saying '9 days to go' or 'follow the music not the crowd '  #Wheremunicmatters etc etc as over the top promotion eg spam

the comments are not a promotion tool they are there for members to discuss events and/or promoters to inform members if needed

the request for promoters not to use the comments to bump events is quite clear

you choose to ignore it, hence the warning

regards

2 minutes ago, mike said:

only promoters/event posters see them so yep within reason

unfortunately, we have to disagree on this as  I  do consider large images saying '9 days to go' or 'follow the music not the crowd '  #Wheremunicmatters etc etc as over the top promotion eg spam

the comments are not a promotion tool they are there for members to discuss events and/or promoters to inform members if needed

the request for promoters not to use the comments to bump events is quite clear

you choose to ignore it, hence the warning

regards

Mike i have not ignored you gave me a warnig on 1 post not the other so called spam images 

NOT for the other images to me this is better than just words 

We might as well LOCK the event  posting  then  if we have to ask permission to post images  not to the normal tastes of Soul Source MODS

Edited by Kev John

This is what i was given a warning for by the MODS

repeat posting of images with such terms as 'warm welcome'  is not needed or welcome 

Which i posted an image twice by mistake a i removed asap but did this still warrant a warning ?

27 minutes ago, Kev John said:

This is what i was given a warning for by the MODS

repeat posting of images with such terms as 'warm welcome'  is not needed or welcome 

Which i posted an image twice by mistake a i removed asap but did this still warrant a warning ?

sorry but the above is what was posted on the event guide not what was sent to you by the site

as the title says you were given a warning for  Over The Top Event Promotion 

the actual warning says

Note for member

Site warning given to ensure that you are fully aware repeated over the top promotion is not welcome and if continues will lead to action on your account

the promoter/poster guide does say the below

16 hours ago, mike said:

sorry but the above is what was posted on the event guide not what was sent to you by the site

as the title says you were given a warning for  Over The Top Event Promotion 

the actual warning says

Note for member

Site warning given to ensure that you are fully aware repeated over the top promotion is not welcome and if continues will lead to action on your account

the promoter/poster guide does say the below

Please post what i sent you via site please Mike because you removed the post from the event guide lets keep it out in the open 

Edited by Kev John

Mike could i make a suggestion could we have a review on guide lines to get these issues sorted 

i.e NO images ,no You tube record  vids posted & loads of NONE informative post by PROMOTERS & MEMBERS there are many posts put on by members which get unoticed

Also let Promoters to delete uninformative posts & if they don't give a warning out  to then 

MEMBERS don't have to abide by the guide lines so they post a lot of S**** on the event forums 

Regards 

KEV

Edited by Kev John

Oops.......just reported one of Kev John's posts on this thread. Flagged in error whilst scrolling. Sorry.

On topic, have to say that I'm not a fan of bumping events by promoters or their mates, but due to action taken by the site it seems to be happening far far less than it was a few years back. 

What I find even more annoying now is when a genuine question is asked on an events thread and gets zero response. I've even missed out on one event because I wasn't certain it was still on due to lack of response.

Reckon now that I'd sooner have an over zealous promoter than one that only comes on here to post up their event, and isn't interested in any form of elaboration of correspondence on the matter.

:wink: - Kev

Edited by KevinKent

8 hours ago, KevinKent said:

Oops.......just reported one of Kev John's posts on this thread. Flagged in error whilst scrolling. Sorry.

Hi Kev 

No offence taken my friend  :wink:

Atb

Kev :hatsoff2:

15 hours ago, Kev John said:

Mike could i make a suggestion could we have a review on guide lines to get these issues sorted 

i.e NO images ,no You tube record  vids posted & loads of NONE informative post by PROMOTERS & MEMBERS there are many posts put on by members which get unoticed

Also let Promoters to delete uninformative posts & if they don't give a warning out  to them  

MEMBERS don't have to abide by the guide lines so they post a lot of S**** on the event forums 

Regards 

KEV

always open to constructive suggestions

However at the moment the current promoter guidelines are what we ask all promoters to both respect and follow where possible and any review or changes of these is for another topic/day

17 hours ago, Kev John said:

We might as well LOCK the event  posting  then  if we have to ask permission to post images  not to the normal tastes of Soul Source MODS

You are using this site to promote an event, by doing this you have agreed to follow our terms of use

Your promotional methods were negatively affecting the guide, the site itself and other members events

You were given a warning to inform you that your actions are a concern and could lead to action on your account

You accepted/acknowledged  this warning  via the site system and so that is the end of the matter as far as the moderation side of the site is concerned

If you have any further suggestions then ask that you please post them in a new support topic in a few days time

regards

topic has been locked by the topic starter

as said many times .. if you are going to use the lock topic feature please post that you have done so along with a reason if possible

doing that informs all members and helps avoids misunderstandings

regards