RICK SCOTT

tv adverts that really wind you up!? What's Yours

1 hour ago, hornet said:

Her name is Bethany Slater , she can have A chip off my plate any day , I’ve downloaded the app 😎Alice Higgins was the singer , ( googled it ) 

Yea, Have to say she is very cute but the way the song is sung and that little shrug of the shoulders when she finishes...Ahrrrrrrrr

1 hour ago, WoodButcher said:

Only watch BBC , never entertain ITV , CH4/5 etc , etc , AdBlock installed in Chrome , so never have to suffer the nauseating adverts ... life's too short ... :D

BBC devotes as much bloody time as ITV to advertising their own programmes and we got to pay their annoying licence fee.

37 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Over in the States at the moment, and anything advertising pharmaceuticals is annoying.  Takes about 30 seconds telling you how wonderful the drug is, followed by a minutes worth of possible side effects, death being one of them.

I watch a few US channels, I know what you mean about the pharmaceuticals, unbelievable! The other American one is "Chewy" pet products, seems to be on all the time!!

x

x

Edited by crazylegs

5 hours ago, Spain pete said:

All the one's that say in the small print,  82% of 142 people surveyed . what the FCK !  is that all about ? . 👎

maths is not an advertisers strong point, or they interview a fraction of a person

The plethora of charity ads.....

First things first, they should advertise if the ad you are watching has cost the charity any money to make or show.  

Second, it should be made clear, and ratified, how much funds raised % actually goes to the victims or good cause in question.

Finally, before an ad goes out, it should be checked it's for real and genuine.

Just read a story today about Tony Blairs sister in law getting kicked off a charity board for failure to act in the correct way whilst dealing with a huge charities administration.

'In your face ' feels sometimes like harassment.

Ed

Edited by tomangoes
spello

10 hours ago, tomangoes said:

The plethora of charity ads.....

First things first, they should advertise if the ad you are watching has cost the charity any money to make or show.  

Second, it should be made clear, and ratified, how much funds raised % actually goes to the victims or good cause in question.

Finally, before an ad goes out, it should be checked it's for real and genuine.

Just read a story today about Tony Blairs sister in law getting kicked off a charity board for failure to act in the correct way whilst dealing with a huge charities administration.

'In your face ' fees sometimes like harassment.

Ed

Dont know if you have ed but on a visit to london a couple of years ago we walked across a bridge over the thames near parliament and there it was, a huge tower building in glass with crystal shandaleers in the stairwells and not a car in the carpark under £30'000 :g:barnardos :pirate:me and shelly wer discusted .atb baz

There are probably a million reasons why everyone on planet earth should detest Phillip Schofield if you actually went to the trouble of counting them all...then again its quite possible that it's considerably more than a million now I come to think about it...:P 

12 minutes ago, ric-tic said:

I couldn't believe this when I first saw it, all the money Schofield must earn and he goes and does this for a company that makes its money from exploiting desperate people pure greed..

McCain. We are family advert, it’s chips, for god sake, I work for McCain 

and that advert is on in our canteen all day long we are family, my ar**. boring....

Edited by neal bull

Just approaching Super Bowl 52 this Sunday, and some of the big boys commission adverts (or should I say commercials) just for the occasion, and pay megabucks to have them aired during the game.  Hopefully they'll be more entertaining than Justin Timberlake at the half time show.

For me it's not the TV ads but the ELECTRONIC ADVERTISING BOARDS AT FOOTBALL GROUNDS.

I HATE THEM WITH A PASSION.

At one time I would have crawled over broken glass to watch my local team. Now I haven't watched even 5 minutes of a game for years.

It seems like a LOSE:LOSE for the club AND the advertiser - but I probably have to accept that I'm in a minority of one.

OR AM I?

12 minutes ago, Mark S said:

I adopted a badger it was dreadfull when I had to tell it I wasnt his real dad not spoke to me since ;)

I fell 4 the badger 1 2 , parties every nite till 4 with his Mrs & cub ☹️

8957D760-5A2A-481D-B05B-5D440C33ED09.jpeg

The one thats supposed to be a kitchen warehouse and somebody has ordered a kitchen and all the staff are bawling their eyes out as some pathetic well known pop song is played. There's also the one with the nauseous kid with a magnifying glass inspecting the washing up. 

Might B mistaken identity but the bloke with the goatee beard on the right of the sofa in the hungry horse chicken balls advert is A regular @ the kings hall all-nighter !!

On 1/31/2018 at 17:31, Soulsides said:

Anything that Davina 'Shouty' McCall promotes ...why on earth does she have to be constantly squawking and shouting her bloody head off for no apparent sane reason whatsoever, apart from because she bloody well feels like it whenever she's advertising or presenting something ??

Gahhhh !!!

If there was a poll for the worlds most annoying person ever in the history of the universe but you weren't allowed to pick any evil political dictators or Bono , Davina McCall would easily be #1 ,no contest !

I actually wrote to the the BBC about Emma Willis (When The Voice was on the beeb) complaining about the same thing - her damn shouting!......She seems to have calmed it down now......Ok, could be a coincidence (But they did write back) :D

Glad it's not just me who wants to put his foot through the telly when yet another patronizing ad spews out!

..........Pssst - Don't tell the anyone on here I watch The Voice - Thanks :wink:

Len :thumbsup: 

Any of the Bank adverts - black horse one in particular closely followed by Halifax with Top Cat. Here to help etc. Yeah right!! They will have the shirt off your back and pull the plug on finance to your business without a second thought. The PPI adverts - make a claim. I don't understand. Why should the bank customer make a claim? The banks must know who they ripped off - assume if you do make a claim they must check your claim is valid against their records - so that being the case they know who is due a refund so give those that got ripped off their money back I.e. The banks do the leg work rather than the customer? Or am I missing something here?

Edited by Raym

1 hour ago, LEN said:

I actually wrote to the the BBC about Emma Willis (When The Voice was on the beeb) complaining about the same thing - her damn shouting!......She seems to have calmed it down now......Ok, could be a coincidence (But they did write back) :D

Glad it's not just me who wants to put his foot through the telly when yet another patronizing ad spews out!

..........Pssst - Don't tell the anyone on here I watch The Voice - Thanks :wink:

Len :thumbsup: 

Nowt wrong with the voice , other than that bleeding Emma willis .🙅

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.