RICK SCOTT

tv adverts that really wind you up!? What's Yours

Going back to Rick's first post, was the ad supposed to be a take on the dance numbers in La La Land. Did some ad man (or woman) think , so people liked the film so they're gonna love our ad. 

The other holiday ad by Jet 2 is just as annoying and has been going on too long, give it a rest. At least it is shorter now and fades out before the song has that ooo - ooo- whoo -whoo -whoo- whoo.

A new contender for worst ad must be the one for someones double glazed windows. Is it supposed to be so bad it's good, if so it's just rubbish.

One I quite like is the one with two girls singing together with one  playing  keyboard, don't know what it's advertising though.

Rick

Not that I want a loan and certainly wouldn't use these but any of the various ads for loans that give about three seconds to read the terms and conditions in writing where it blends perfectly with the background and the  interest is however many thousand % or the voice over suddenly starts talking at 100 words an hour.

On 01/02/2018 at 15:26, Steve Foran said:

I think "charity" ads should have their own dedicated channel. The little boy Elliott who is deaf and blind must be approaching retirement age by now! 

And the kid in Africa who walks 7 miles a day to get fresh water. Wouldn't it be easier to live nearer the water? Just saying. :wicked:

14 hours ago, Steve Lane said:

And that talentless fu@kwit William!

Some of the young folk might have something to say about that , in fact they may well say he is the modern producer akin to the great george Kerr . 🎶🎶

3 hours ago, Spain pete said:
17 hours ago, Steve Lane said:

And that talentless fu@kwit William!

Some of the young folk might have something to say about that , in fact they may well say he is the modern producer akin to the great george Kerr .

The young folk can say what the hell they like about the marvellous and enormously talented Wil I Am, hehe.

Fair play to em' they're entitled to their own opinions.

If they say it in front of me loudly enough tho they'll be getting a swift backhander, mind...:P

Edited by Soulsides

18 minutes ago, Soulsides said:

The young folk can say what the hell they like about the marvellous and enormously talented Wil I Am, hehe.

Fair play to em' they're entitled to their own opinions.

If they say it in front of me loudly enough tho they'll be getting a swift backhander, mind...:P

Hold on , slow up , we're talking about young fit people here , the type that listen to amp fiddler 👅🎶🎶

On a positive (To contrast the awful ones so still 'on topic') :wink: I do like the Cadbury Chocolate ad where the little girl buys a bar of Chocolate for her mum's birthday by paying in toys......"Here's your change".....(The shop keeper gives her back her prized toy horse)

Me soppy? :D

Len :thumbsup:

Probally because I was A Trex fan luv the Julie Walters spec savers advert , the purple bricks wedding ad is awefull & wouldn’t ever use them even if they where the best or cheapest , carnt even remember wot it was they were advertising!

15 hours ago, Rick Cooper said:

The Apple ad with that smug kid whizzing about with his tablet computer and then the old person asks what's he doing on his computer , he replies "what's a computer". Well, Apple you're not the only people who make computers and don't patronise older people. Another reason why I hate Apple.

Somewhere in the depths of hell Steve Jobs is still laughing.

Watched the Super Bowl live last night and had to endure 3 hours of adverts for an hour of actual American Football.  To be fair, the game was excellent, and as I was rooting for the underdogs, Philadelphia Eagles, it was a great result, especially seeing the Patriots quarterback Tom Brady get sacked in the fourth quarter.  Every time the ball went dead they cut to an ad break.  That, combined with the inane commentary, made for a long night.  But getting back to the adverts, the worse was probably Budweiser, letting us all know how they've supplied canned water to the various disaster hit regions of the US.  The M & Ms ad with Danny Devito was amusing.....

18 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Watched the Super Bowl live last night and had to endure 3 hours of adverts for an hour of actual American Football.

Which channel? It was live on BBC1 - so not a single advert.

:)

3 hours ago, MBarrett said:

Which channel? It was live on BBC1 - so not a single advert.

:)

NBC.  I'm in the States at the moment.  Don't think I'd have stayed up all night to watch it back home.

8 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

NBC.  I'm in the States at the moment.  Don't think I'd have stayed up all night to watch it back home.

Ah thanks Steve

I have watched quite a few Superbowls all the way through but have to admit I didn't last the course this year, 

Still quite impressed that despite all the TV ads in the US there is not much advertising in the stadium itself. Not pitch side anyway. Unlike our football. My pet hate. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Edited by MBarrett

12 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

Watched the Super Bowl live last night and had to endure 3 hours of adverts for an hour of actual American Football.  To be fair, the game was excellent, and as I was rooting for the underdogs, Philadelphia Eagles, it was a great result, especially seeing the Patriots quarterback Tom Brady get sacked in the fourth quarter.  Every time the ball went dead they cut to an ad break.  That, combined with the inane commentary, made for a long night.  But getting back to the adverts, the worse was probably Budweiser, letting us all know how they've supplied canned water to the various disaster hit regions of the US.  The M & Ms ad with Danny Devito was amusing.....

😂😂

Not done there sales any harm tho , got B the most popular clothing item on the soul scene , must have close 2 40 bennies myself !

Edited by hornet

What about the adverts for women who apparently need to buy the most disgustingly enormous (and apparently sexy/making you feel confident) paper knickers because there is a pandemic number of women peeing themselves.......

Sorry guys, but someone had to address it!!

x

3 hours ago, Soulsides said:

Don't tell anyone but I'm secretly stalking Barry Scott from the Cilit Bang adverts as we speak...

1 hour ago, Spain pete said:

He lives in my village in Spain , ( l kid you not ) 👍

Sh*t !..

Cheers Pete ..

Bang!..  and just like that, my meticulously planned, covert surveillance operation of Barry was gone !  

Edit- Just found this on YouTube.

Hahaha.

Edited by Soulsides

2 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

Is he as loud in real life?

True story this _  his real name is Nevin , one day l had a flight from from Alicante  to Gatwick  when l took off at 7 -30 pm Nevin was still in the airport waiting to board the 10-30am flight which had been delayed . now he is known as tom ( hanks) for obvious reasons ,  think he was quite loud that day , complaining . 🎭

39 minutes ago, Spain pete said:

True story this _  his real name is Nevin , one day l had a flight from from Alicante  to Gatwick  when l took off at 7 -30 pm Nevin was still in the airport waiting to board the 10-30am flight which had been delayed . now he is known as tom ( hanks) for obvious reasons ,  think he was quite loud that day , complaining . 🎭

40 minutes ago, Spain pete said:

"Do you know who I am?  I'm Barry Scott!"

'Quien?"

Everyone of them!

Was gonna start a Facebook page called "BadAdUK" :D

Worst ones at the moment is surely the new TUI ad, WTF is that about? reps fanning people on the beach then dancing away, how on earth a multi million pound company like Thomson sanction that is anybody's guess.

BT ad. What are they all laughing about? such a stupid advert that must have cost a heap of cash to make.

My old fave Tombola, yeah, right, OK so it's some sort of social club when silly females laugh at nothing while playing bingo outdoors, seriously?

It's pretty obvious to me that one company is making them in the UK as they are all basically the same,

Best ones? Specsavers, always funny.

And breathe........:P

Following on from the Crazy Legs Post,  lady garden itching, odour and Discharge problems add is another we could do without at Tea Time, :(

Oh and those bloody Wow-cher adds with the most annoying women on the Planet :huh: could do without them at ANY TIME. :rofl:

Edited by RICK SCOTT
info missed out

On 07/02/2018 at 19:21, sheldonsoul said:

By far the best are the he man and skeletor adds I love em 😂😂😂👍

Every body 2 his own I suppose but muscular men in there undies don’t do it 4 me prefer the woman in the diving suit in the moon pig advert 

I know it's been mentioned before, but it has to be mentioned again....

The good old US of A medication adverts.

For anybody who has not sat through an hour or more of standard TV, it's 10 mins of programme and 5 mins of ads.

The medicine thats going to cure your itch, is then protected for the resultant inevitable scratch that's a direct result of taking that medicine.

Paranoia gone mad.

And it puts you off your food, programme, will to live.

So glad (not) everything over there is coming over here!

Ed

Edited by tomangoes
Spello

On 2/8/2018 at 12:32, RICK SCOTT said:

Following on from the Crazy Legs Post,  lady garden itching, odour and Discharge problems add is another we could do without at Tea Time, :(

Oh and those bloody Wow-cher adds with the most annoying women on the Planet :huh: could do without them at ANY TIME. :rofl:

"Lady garden itching" Love it, almost pee'd myself, but would have had to put my big paper knickers on..............

..................................... at least I would have felt sexy and confident!

x

Edited by crazylegs

On 07/02/2018 at 12:28, crazylegs said:

What about the adverts for women who apparently need to buy the most disgustingly enormous (and apparently sexy/making you feel confident) paper knickers because there is a pandemic number of women peeing themselves.......

Sorry guys, but someone had to address it!!

x

Got to be the best pulling gear I've ever seen, she looks so sexy & are they edible him indoors says they have got to be & he would munch on them to save the planet in an Eko sought of way (Urrrrrrgggggg dirty W@@@@@@r) he's on the setee tonight!!!!!!

Kirsty

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.