RICK SCOTT

tv adverts that really wind you up!? What's Yours

On 02/02/2018 at 23:11, Maark said:

And the kid in Africa who walks 7 miles a day to get fresh water. Wouldn't it be easier to live nearer the water? Just saying. :wicked:

Little Muambu  walks 10 miles to school every day in his bare feet. A donation of just £5 pounds a month could pay for a new pair of trainers, so the lazy ba$tard can run!

:rofl::wicked:

Edited by Steve Lane

On 06/02/2018 at 13:00, hornet said:

Not done there sales any harm tho , got B the most popular clothing item on the soul scene , must have close 2 40 bennies myself !

Why don't they  have the fully stitched in back pleat and loop anymore  ? 

Steve 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Spain pete said:

Let's start a campaign to bring back the max wall looking bloke who used to say , you buy one you get on free , l said you buy one you get one free .👅

5 hours ago, IanP said:

Hehehe.

You'll be lucky,Pete..the guy got done for trying to dodge the taxman over thousands of pounds in undeclared earnings.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3574757/Star-Safestyle-Windows-adverts-convicted-fraud.html

If I was in charge I would have also fined him a million quid for all of the excessive noise pollution he managed to generate in the space of a 60 second advertisement.

#FlexibleMonthlyPayments

Edited by Soulsides

10 hours ago, Spain pete said:

Let's start a campaign to bring back the max wall looking bloke who used to say , you buy one you get on free , l said you buy one you get one free .👅

Jeff Brown! He`s from Burnley, he also used to be matchday host at Turf Moor. He got a suspended sentence for tax evasion the lucky sod.

The Doritos Add, How Bloody Creepy is that, :excl::huh:  A Guy  Sucking his Mates finger after he Demolished the Whole Packet and then has a go at what he wipes on his trousers too, Yuck

Was thinking about the Dreamies Cat Snacks Add thinking what could liven it up a little, you know the one where he is chucking the snack in the air and the cat jumps up and catches it, What is missing is a Red Kneck Hill Billy sat in his rocking chair waiting with a Shot Gun  at the side of the Guy throwing the tit bits for the Cat and putting a Cap in the cats ass as it POPS UP :wicked: Just sayin'

1 hour ago, RICK SCOTT said:

Was thinking about the Dreamies Cat Snacks Add thinking what could liven it up a little, you know the one where he is chucking the snack in the air and the cat jumps up and catches it, What is missing is a Red Kneck Hill Billy sat in his rocking chair waiting with a Shot Gun  at the side of the Guy throwing the tit bits for the Cat and putting a Cap in the cats ass as it POPS UP :wicked: Just sayin'

Pull!

31 minutes ago, Rick Cooper said:

OK , I know I'm not their target audience but the new Microsoft add for a laptop is really annoying, although not as bad as the kid with his Apple "computer".

Chr*st isn't it just?!!!

Drives me insane that add.

Len :thumbsup:

37 minutes ago, LEN said:

This also annoys me intensely -

Not ARF especially as they are not giving me any interest but have got money to waste on possibly the worst ad ever 

6 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Bloody hell Pete, you'll be telling us you've got shares in John Lewis next.....

Can see why they have gone down the swaney they have lost the plot with adverts like that complete and utter bol####     , never knowingly undersold  my ar##

1 minute ago, Spain pete said:

Can see why they have gone down the swaney they have lost the plot with adverts like that complete and utter bol####     , never knowingly undersold  my ar##

...and that's probably just a taster for their Christmas advert.

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 15:47, Steve S 60 said:

...and that's probably just a taster for their Christmas advert.

which is bad news for insomniacs......only three sleeps till Christmas

1 hour ago, LEN said:

As an opposite to 'winding me up', the Specsavers ads are simple, and stupid - Probably why they appeal to me :D

Not seen any of the detective ones, must be a regional thing.

13 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Not seen any of the detective ones, must be a regional thing.

Crumbs - The "I've hired Disco Dave" one is brilliant! :D

Edit - Can't find the clip....."I said raid, not rave!"......"Oh, but I've hired Disco Dave"....... :D

56 minutes ago, LEN said:

Crumbs - The "I've hired Disco Dave" one is brilliant! :D

Edit - Can't find the clip....."I said raid, not rave!"......"Oh, but I've hired Disco Dave"....... :D

That same guy who does those ads is an actual cop in the Inspector Frost series, much younger obviously.

I can't stand ads, we don't really do consumerism hardly at all but if we did, anything I saw in an ad I would avoid buying completely. I'll sit with a show on pause for twenty minutes just so I can FF through the ads, my lass reckons it's more annoying than the ads, that's probably cause I try for a little romance, it doesn't usually go the way I intended though...

Those wine adverts for Casillero del Diablo Devil's Collection really do pop my cork.

I mean why on earth would anybody want to drink wine from the Devil’s cellar?

By definition wouldn’t it contain loads of summat like double strength Rohypnol, lashings of cyanide or even summat worse?

Or am I over thinking it?

Surely you’d want something like a nice red at room temperature from God’s own private basement? Not that I believe in all that God / Devil malarkey I must add but you know what I mean.

Nah me thinks that Devil’s Collection range is just another way to make what some might call the "bland middle o’ the road majority" feel a bit more daring and dangerous - a bit more whirr as they used to say in Manchester** - whilst parked in front of goggle box all weekend.

Derek

** Alright it might not have been said in and around Manchester but I know it was definitely heard somewhere up north? Probably by those grafter types in Tameside.

The insurance advert where a young British guy is trying to explain something that caused him to  have an accident in his car ,  a tin man in a dress or a kaftan ran across the road chasing a horse that was also wearing a dress  he explains ,  if only he had taken history at school he would know it was a knight in armour and his horse probably on his way home from a jousting competition some where in the local vicinity 

The National Lottery ad, the one where the lads been working away, he comes home and the house is completely empty, there’s a note on the fireplace then he goes to a fancy house by the sea and he’s wife says I’ve bought it. Now if we’d won the lottery and my wife had the time to empty the house moved in to another place and not told me while I was working I’d be pretty pissed off. 

Any of the ads for loans, where they make it look like an offer to good to refuse but if you have x ray vision you can just about see the minute detail showing the APR rate, often 0000s%

On ‎03‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 08:21, Steve S 60 said:

Any advert with Anthea Turner in it.

Surely you jest Steve? Anthea was a publicist at Radio Stoke at one time, before she became a big name. A friend of mine Nige was friendly with her, it was he who introduced me to her...

I still think she is absolutely lovely.

13245977184_dd476d292d_b.jpg

29 minutes ago, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Surely you jest Steve? Anthea was a publicist at Radio Stoke at one time, before she became a big name. A friend of mine Nige was friendly with her, it was he who introduced me to her...

I still think she is absolutely lovely.

13245977184_dd476d292d_b.jpg

Good lass Anthea, get those Flake crumbs swept up.

1 hour ago, Mark S said:

"Its June Dad "

Brilliant.....the “dad” had seen the shit advert with “parky”, that June mentioned ....double whammy....😂....!!!!!!!

52 minutes ago, Spain pete said:

Cheeky bingo   sun bingo     monkey bingo    this bingo.  That bingo. Adverts aimed at people sitting at home with no or very little money hoping to win a jackpot That does not exist😯

Or the gambling from your own home adds (sitting in ya underpants)

It's not Las Vegas! 

On 04/10/2018 at 19:11, Spain pete said:

Cheeky bingo   sun bingo     monkey bingo    this bingo.  That bingo. Adverts aimed at people sitting at home with no or very little money hoping to win a jackpot That does not exist😯

My missus won 8 grand on tombola last month 😉

Posted (edited)

Not Soul but I heard 'Frankie knuckles - Your Love' the other day on an Insurance ad I think, I dont watch live stream telly so my exposure to allot of ads is limited, but just thought something so beautiful, so moving was wasted on this trashy ad, see don't remember the ad, just the song!! Lol

Edited by Mal C

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.