Rick Scott profile photo

tv adverts that really wind you up!? What's Yours

Posted

Yowzer!

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Not good....

Bobin Rastards

 

Ed

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
13 hours ago, soulatthedale said:

Not sure if this ad has been mentioned before, but the one with that huge, repusive "woman" in a bikini advertising bingo for Murdochs oil rag.

I know it annoyed my daughter when she walked in with a leopard print jacket on and I asked her "Are you gonna bingo?"

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Yep thats mine too, what's the dance in the hall bit at the end in them saggy pants 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

The Lloyds Bank one, with black horses running along the beach, people running towards them what a load of sentimental twaddle. That feels better.

Mick Perrins

  • Up vote 3

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Christmas is coming so are all the fancy adverts. I can live with M&S, John Lewis and the supermarkets with their talking veg or happy smiling families around the dining table but what reallys winds me up are the expensive perfume ads. A petulant smug woman flouncing about doing daft stuff then some meaningless voiceover in a French accent. No I won't be spending £50+ on a tiny bottle of your smelly water.

Rick

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Give my spleen for Claudia Winklemans hair .

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Guest Spain pete profile photo
Posted
11 hours ago, Mark S said:

Give my spleen for Claudia Winklemans hair .

But has she got any eyes? 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

F,in Christmas advertising . Keep it in December . Bah humbug 

Steve 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Rick Cooper said:

Christmas is coming so are all the fancy adverts. I can live with M&S, John Lewis and the supermarkets with their talking veg or happy smiling families around the dining table but what reallys winds me up are the expensive perfume ads. A petulant smug woman flouncing about doing daft stuff then some meaningless voiceover in a French accent. No I won't be spending £50+ on a tiny bottle of your smelly water.

Rick

 

4 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

F,in Christmas advertising . Keep it in December . Bah humbug 

Steve 

I too am a Bah hum-bugger Steve

However, there is one Christmas Advert that the world should see (IMHO)

"Rang Tan in my bedroom"

Sadly my steam driven laptop wont let me copy a link, google it, watch it, then please, sign the petition to try to get it shown...

x

 

Edited by crazylegs
  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 09:34, Steve Lane said:

"Not Game Footage!".....so why are they allowed to show it then?

And the We Buy Any Car with that media whore Schofield. 

OH MY GOD!

Just having a quick recap on the thread and noticed this post!

If there were ever a more moronic, bile-inducing, p**s-boiling... Actually there aren't enough words in the English language that go far enough to begin to explain my total loathing of that spiteful, greedy, fake, patronising... Grrrr, loathsome 'man'...

400 grand just for doing 'This Morning' then the irksome little tud 'needs' to do 'We buy anycar' and if that isn't enough, the t*** is HOLDING A KITTEN in an ad for a car sales broker!

Excuse me while I go into the garden and smash something with a hammer!

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Guest Spain pete profile photo
Posted
17 minutes ago, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

OH MY GOD!

Just having a quick recap on the thread and noticed this post!

If there were ever a more moronic, bile-inducing, p**s-boiling... Actually there aren't enough words in the English language that go far enough to begin to explain my total loathing of that spiteful, greedy, fake, patronising... Grrrr, loathsome 'man'...

400 grand just for doing 'This Morning' then the irksome little tud 'needs' to do 'We buy anycar' and if that isn't enough, the t*** is HOLDING A KITTEN in an ad for a car sales broker!

Excuse me while I go into the garden and smash something with a hammer!

Nearly as bad as his sidekick that holly girl who has abandoned her kids to go off to the jungle   and why l think of it those lords a leaping getting 300 sovs a day  while owning advertising agency's  and the like   , grrrrrrr  

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
12 minutes ago, Spain pete said:

Nearly as bad as his sidekick that holly girl who has abandoned her kids to go off to the jungle   and why l think of it those lords a leaping getting 300 sovs a day  while owning advertising agency's  and the like   , grrrrrrr  

Please don't Pete, was just about recovering from near stroke conditions when thinking about Schofield...

While on the one hand she is an absolutely gorgeous blonde with great curves, there is something deeply sinister and worrying about Holly Willoughby I agree.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Lloyd’s adverts. 

Lets get all touchy feely about a trendy issue because we fucked over many many people’s businesses. 

Their facebook page about cancer backfired when people in their droves wrote on it how they had their houses repossessed when Ill with cancer. Lloyd’s cleverly opened a opportunistic PR door which ended up spewing fountains  of raw sewerage at them. 

Makes me want to puke. 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

 Jeeeeez, A new Christmas add for V.I.Poo Spray in all sorts of fragrances, well Boys and Girls, How would you feel about receiving some of these in your Christmas Stocking? And to top it off, talk about an Add with Bad Taste, AHRRRRRRRRRR

Edited by RICK SCOTT
correction
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Anything with Owen Wilson in.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
On 10/11/2018 at 16:11, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Please don't Pete, was just about recovering from near stroke conditions when thinking about Schofield...

While on the one hand she is an absolutely gorgeous blonde with great curves, there is something deeply sinister and worrying about Holly Willoughby I agree.

When I look at Holly Willoughby, I just see the human version of Miss Piggy? And never more so since she's been in the jungle? 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
25 minutes ago, flamingemeralds said:

When I look at Holly Willoughby, I just see the human version of Miss Piggy? And never more so since she's been in the jungle? 

The curves have gone for sure...

Seems we don't mention the Jungle here, probably would warrant it's own thread!

Was reading about it and it seems that Holly's outfits for the show run at 2500 quid each, not bad for a cowgirl shirt and a few t-shirts, cut off shorts and a couple mini skirts plus a raincoat. The outdoorsy boots though are clearly quality, 23 outfits in total, not a bad wardrobe budget eh?

How's you darlin'? Hope you're well!

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Couple of adds really winding me up at the mo being the Voda Phone Advert, You know the one, the guy twirling and spinning about on the ice rink and the Wren kitchen adverts(Various )  

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

So McDonald's have put a couple of bacon rashers on top of their signature burger and we're subjected to another cringeworthy ad campaign.  Who gives a rat's arse what they call it.

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Not so much adverts on tv as blatent advertising by the BBC.  Winter watch presenters wearing obviously sponsored clothing.  Chris packham wearing every conceivable products by mountain equipment,  different jacket every night.

Lolo Williams.  Mammut and Berghaus 

Michaela Strachan. Paramo 

Yet insist that they don't advertise. 

Bollocks 

Steve 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Pretty much all of them are drivel. I mean as if you'd be playing fecking bingo on your laptop and doing that stupid Macaroni dance at the same time, FFS. Put adverts together with reality TV programs and 95% of TV isn't worth the energy expelled reaching for the remote. 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

any ad with a popular well known figure selling  funeral cover or life insurance ....

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Canesten / Periods / Thrush / Piles / fanny pads etc - all sizes - waiting for the itchy / sweaty bollocks adverts response, at least you'd laugh at that and there is after all a big market for it

Also the cosmetic surgery one with the DD bird doing Baywatch / gym weightlifting and show jumping - Would a similar male advert get air time without howls of outrage

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

The AA add Proud Mary

absolutely does my head in 

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
On 03/02/2019 at 18:41, Steve S 60 said:

So McDonald's have put a couple of bacon rashers on top of their signature burger and we're subjected to another cringeworthy ad campaign.  Who gives a rat's arse what they call it.

I`d rather eat a rats arse!

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

I don't get this ad for Hilton Hotels. Is the woman a celebrity, if not why have they made her like an over excited annoying teenager. Anyway I don't think anything would make me want to go to a Hilton

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Key Equity Release.

https://youtu.be/aZvOO4CNkII

For several reasons...

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Trivago, Jet2 and Tui ALL feature middle class white "hip" types. FFS on Trivago one of the girls is called "FUR" FFS get a proper name. And the Tui advert has 3 different ones but all feature a kind of moody trendy dance move. Total bollocks. Just spent about 3 hours being delayed going to and fro Germany for a weekend break. FlyMAYBE pants! 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
9 minutes ago, Steve Foran said:

Trivago, Jet2 and Tui ALL feature middle class white "hip" types. FFS on Trivago one of the girls is called "FUR" FFS get a proper name. And the Tui advert has 3 different ones but all feature a kind of moody trendy dance move. Total bollocks. Just spent about 3 hours being delayed going to and fro Germany for a weekend break. FlyMAYBE pants! 

Should have opted for Scuttle Tours....

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
18 hours ago, Steve Lane said:

I`d rather eat a rats arse!

If you've been to McDonald's, you probably have done 😂

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

I never watch any ads at all - usually record owt that has ads & fast forward the ad breaks, or I'll go put the kettle on or summat. Think I'm an advertisers nightmare! A very young market research guy stopped me in the middle of town not long since & asked me to give him the name of an ad that I remembered...……..I struggled for a while & eventually came up with one...…………."Flour Graders". His reply? What are they? lol lol lol lol 🤣  🤣  🤣

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Morning folks,

I was looking up the word 'contrived' and this ad popped up :)

Len :thumbsup:

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

I can call you at three in the morning-And you do.......Arrgggghhh

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

Nationwide Building Society,Purple Bricks,Post Office Travel Insurance for the over 50'S..........some sarcastic adolescent commentator saying things like "abseiling down the Grand Canyon........AT YOUR AGE"..........Tena lady pants........a little bit of wee's not gonna stop me(I can well believe it honeybunch) and Always Discreet Ladies Incontinence Pads

Edited by Martin Phillips
Rude word....I got carried away there
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Gio Compario surviving his crash pisses me off.

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

How f**king annoying has this ad got,!!!

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

so very much so,soon as i hear it then its switch to another channel time

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Christmas adverts everywhere already so which ones wind you up?

My hates are

Amazon - happy smiling delivery drivers and customers, but not half as much as Amazon bosses and shareholders

Just Eat  - Did somebody say make your own

M & S  Food -Annoying Paddy M

All perfume ads 

Rick

 

  • Up vote 3

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Car ads, never tell you about the car , don’t get them at all 

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Current crop of funeral ads ‘put your mind at rest’ they’ve had your gold, they’ve bought your c.d’s for 5 pence each had a cut of your PPI now they want a slice of your death...

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted
15 hours ago, Rick Cooper said:

Christmas adverts everywhere already so which ones wind you up?

My hates are

Amazon - happy smiling delivery drivers and customers, but not half as much as Amazon bosses and shareholders

Just Eat  - Did somebody say make your own

M & S  Food -Annoying Paddy M

All perfume ads 

Rick

 

That amazon one winds me up to , so fake 🤬

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Posted

Deliveroo annoys me whether Tv Or radio. 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!
Log into Soul Source

Get max use of the forums

Log in now!

  1. Englewood; A Really Funky Place ?
    All About the SOUL by Roburt on Tue 04 Jun 2013
    • 7 / 1505
    • Geeselad on 11 Mar 2020
  2. Bob & Gene - "I Really Really Love You" - MODO
    Record Sales by Manfromsoul45s on Tue 07 Jan 2020
    • 1 / 326
    • Manfromsoul45s on 07 Jan 2020
  3. Video: Dee Dee Sharp - I Really Love You
    Soul Media by Mike on Thu 02 Jan 2020
    • 1 / 250
    • Mike on 02 Jan 2020
  4. no facebook adverts in the event comments
    Site Stuff by Mike on Wed 18 Dec 2019
    • 3 / 831
    • Mike on 29 Dec 2019
  5. Ronny Lowe - The one who really loves you (PANTHER)
    Look At Your Box by Hill868 on Wed 18 Dec 2019
    • 27 / 754
    • Blackpoolsoul on 23 Dec 2019

Source Adverts



×
×
  • Create New...

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.