LOU RAGLAND I Travel Alone NOW SOLD

Frankie Crocker

COPY NOW SOLDFor sale, a G+ copy of this monster tune for £250 including free postage and insurance to UK address. A similar copy sold for over £500 on eBay and Manship sold a cracked minter for a bit under £900 recently.

On the deficit side, the record has been neglected and spent much of it’s life without a sleeve. As a result, there are numerous scratches, scuff marks and hairline marks on the ‘I Travel Alone’ side. The ‘Big Wheel’ side is similar in appearance. The record has a punch hole, label ring-wear and soiling with a small tear where a sticker has been removed.

On the positive side, the scratches are light and superficial - there are no deep scratches. The record is flat and has no warps. It is a styrene record and plays without cue burn and background hiss. It is the scarcer pink label issue on Amy, not the DJ. copy. The ‘I Travel Alone’ side plays nicely on my high end (Thorens deck, Goldring stylus, Q speakers) with barely noticeable background noise that is not too distracting (although at one point, there is a micro-second of hiss). The record plays without sticks, without skips and without jumps at a light tracking weight of 1.5 gms. The record could be used to DJ with on a big sound system as the audible imperfections are virtually drowned out by the heavy baseline throughout. It is not a snap, crackle and pop record - I have play-tested it 5 or 6 times without any problems.

PM me to reserve. All messages will be replied to in sequence. I can provide photos but not sound-bites. Thanks for looking. Payment by PayPal preferred - buyer to cover fees.

Edited by FRANKIE CROCKER
Sales update - NOW SOLD
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now