take a look inside-The Supremes

Hammersoul

Surprised this hasn`t been put on a 45 with the Motown Box sets yet. Unreleased from 1971 ,i believe it`s off a cd called this is to stay,68 tracks feat  Jean Terrell years 70-74. Anybody got this cd? Wondered if there might be some other unreleased material worth putting out. Here`s the track for those that might not know it. Sorry for the vague info but i was sent this via a mate years ago,i put it on a bit of paper(like you do lol).  Found the bit of paper in a box along with other tracks last week.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

19 hours ago, Hammersoul said:

Anything else good on the  Cd?

Out of the unreleased tracks, I like "Tears Left Over" and "I Ain't Got The Love".

You can go on Amazon- punch in the CD info and listen to 30 second clips of each song. It might take a few clicks to hear since it defaults to the  buy the mp3 page. 

Social source share

Hammer Soultime;

Great track ,Take a Look Inside , Jean Terrell ,greatly ,Unsung Wonder {sorry RNS.Com } so similar to Lady Di ,but perhaps better ,Berry was always on the Money !The triple Cd came out in 2006 fromHip O Select ;Picking up the 70s sups years ,including the unreleased Promises Kept Lp . Tracks as diverse as Love Train ,{awful } to Cant get you out of my Mind ,{not the Tops Version,OK}  

Lots of tracks from Al Kent ,Clay Mc Murray ,and Francis Wilson production Talents ,but at nearly 200 Pounds  this motown afficinado will Take a  look ,,elsewhere !LOL Johnny  Malaga Spain.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 11/02/2018 at 09:08, the yank said:

Out of the unreleased tracks, I like "Tears Left Over" and "I Ain't Got The Love".

You can go on Amazon- punch in the CD info and listen to 30 second clips of each song. It might take a few clicks to hear since it defaults to the  buy the mp3 page. 

Found them on you tube but thanks for heads up :thumbsup: Really like i ain`t got the love of the one  i love  ,so now we have a double sider 45 all set for next Motown unreleased  box set :g:

Social source share

On 11/02/2018 at 10:00, John Hart said:

Hammer Soultime;

Great track ,Take a Look Inside , Jean Terrell ,greatly ,Unsung Wonder {sorry RNS.Com } so similar to Lady Di ,but perhaps better ,Berry was always on the Money !The triple Cd came out in 2006 fromHip O Select ;Picking up the 70s sups years ,including the unreleased Promises Kept Lp . Tracks as diverse as Love Train ,{awful } to Cant get you out of my Mind ,{not the Tops Version,OK}  

Lots of tracks from Al Kent ,Clay Mc Murray ,and Francis Wilson production Talents ,but at nearly 200 Pounds  this motown afficinado will Take a  look ,,elsewhere !LOL Johnny  Malaga Spain.

is that how much the cd is going for now :ohmy::ohmy:.  Would`t give 50p for a cd now days,old hat format which isn`t my cup of tea. Never understood why these tracks haven`t been put on vinyl. 

Social source share

On 11/02/2018 at 11:11, Gold Band said:

Take A Listen Here

Kirsty

Just listening now: so far Never can say goodbye is a really good cover ,Jean`s vocals take this song to another level. 

It`s too late,great strings and things,musically best version of them all.

Track on about 29-32 mins is nice,got no liner notes to work with and was doing other things lol.  Maybe you can help Kirsty?

Social source share

On 2/10/2018 at 00:38, Hammersoul said:

Surprised this hasn`t been put on a 45 with the Motown Box sets yet. Unreleased from 1971 ,i believe it`s off a cd called this is to stay,68 tracks feat  Jean Terrell years 70-74. Anybody got this cd? Wondered if there might be some other unreleased material worth putting out. Here`s the track for those that might not know it. Sorry for the vague info but i was sent this via a mate years ago,i put it on a bit of paper(like you do lol).  Found the bit of paper in a box along with other tracks last week.

Good call on this one. It is a pity hip-o- select did not have a go at releasing this again like they did with the unreleased David Ruffin material, they managed to release it again in 2011 after the first run in 04, so demand for it must have been relatively strong, and as you point out a 45 would not go a miss from this unreleased material like Ruffin's brilliant 'I cant be hurt anymore'. I did mention a Dennis Edwards track on another thread from one of the Temp's solo cd's, but it was somewhat lost on those interested in the thread. Some fantastic unreleased music on cd, which unfortunatly gets forgot about far to soon because of the format.

Andy

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!