New releases 2018

Mike

3 hours ago, mike said:

So good to these ears that felt a need to start a new new releases topic

Carlton Jumel Smith - I Can't Love You Anymore [Timmion]

feel free to add as you find/hear

Good call Mike thank you, I only have a handful of demos left of this one, it's certainly caught the imagination of the scene so massive thanks to everyone for supporting the label so far.

Bull & The Matadors - A Part Of My Life - Protected (1) (1).mp3

Bull-The-Matadors-My-Babe-Protected-1-1-1.mp3

bull A side demo.jpg

bull B side demo.jpg

Edited by Mark Bicknell
Social source share

Guest Shufflin

I got the last import of this a few weeks ago, so technically 2018 ;-)

only 6 months old and already last one on discogs £50

can only see this becoming an in-demand rare item down the line, even if UK ignores it

Social source share

On 2/13/2018 at 00:32, algsoul said:

james hunter six    nice new tune

Nice new tune is the understatement of the year........I'm struggling to think of a better newly released old sounding tune in recent years.......Lady Wray maybe????

Simply fabulous!

Cheers,

Mark R

• Up vote 3
Social source share

5 hours ago, Mark R said:

Nice new tune is the understatement of the year........I'm struggling to think of a better newly released old sounding tune in recent years.......Lady Wray maybe????

Simply fabulous!

Cheers,

Mark R

both goods sides on the 45  just put order in for mine

lawrence

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
On 2/12/2018 at 21:46, mike said:

So good to these ears that felt a need to start a new new releases topic

Carlton Jumel Smith - I Can't Love You Anymore [Timmion]

feel free to add as you find/hear

nice looking record too ;-)

IMG_0446[337].JPG

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

Guest Spain pete

Loads of goodies on the soul discovery website , said it before mick O'Donnell Sunday night ,solar radio , go on do yourself a favour.👍🎶🎶🎶

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shufflin
1 hour ago, Scotters said:

Two more new goodies on the way from Alberto Folpower and the wonderful Cannonball Records! :thumbsup:

nice sounds no doubt - but pricing is a bit heavy imo for new 45 releases (£35 or £20) - obviously know their market so what do I know

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
38 minutes ago, EnricoACM1899 said:

The debut of the new Kimberlite records announced here it's certainly worth a listen especially for the ballad on the B side in my opinion

the A side has a nice, proper Northern feel to it, a bit of a Precisions vibe, thanks for sharing - if it ever goes on sale in UK/EU (Juno etc) I'll buy

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

Guest Shufflin

this one is on sale now on Bandcamp, a limited run 45, with 'no plans for a repress', apparently had repeat plays on Craig Charles Funk & Soul show

you might think it a bit Rich(ie) but I quite like it

Social source share

16 hours ago, shufflin said:

this one is on sale now on Bandcamp, a limited run 45, with 'no plans for a repress', apparently had repeat plays on Craig Charles Funk & Soul show

you might think it a bit Rich(ie) but I quite like it

I'm sorry but that's bloody rubbish, even with that piano sample. Her voice is appalling :lol:

Edited by daved
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
1 hour ago, daved said:

I'm sorry but that's bloody rubbish, even with that piano sample. Her voice is appalling :lol:

it sounds a lot better on the record to be fair, not saying it's the best track ever made, but it's a 2018 new release as per OP's title

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Blueimage

The following isn't out yet, but it will be in a few months! This will be the official release of this Leroy Taylor monster, featuring both sides of the intended single. (one side had been previously bootlegged as Keni Lewis from another acetate).

Edited by Blueimage
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
1 hour ago, Scotters said:

Cool new 45 and music vid from Jason Joshua & The Beholders – Rosegold / Are You Ready?:thumbsup:

nice record, seems to have sold out most everywhere but one or two UK sellers are taking orders so presumably they have some copies

Social source share

Had the below sent in via 'contact us' - any views ?

Stefan Taylor - Break The Blues (Official Video)

I have attached the new original number from Uk soul singer Stefan Taylor, which is released this week. Stefan is only 23 years old and grew up listening to lots of Northern Soul...

Written by Stefan Taylor & songwriter/ producer Mark Topham they have aimed to achieve an authentic sound however modern in its production.

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
30 minutes ago, EnricoACM1899 said:

Can't find it anywhere. Have you got some link? Thanks

all sold out now, some will probably pop up on discogs soon

Social source share

On 18/03/2018 at 01:29, Blueimage said:

The following isn't out yet, but it will be in a few months! This will be the official release of this Leroy Taylor monster, featuring both sides of the intended single. (one side had been previously bootlegged as Keni Lewis from another acetate).

What a treat to hear a lovely clean version of this superb tune - will definitely be buying one when it comes out

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shufflin

sticking with Colemine records, this is my cup of tea (scalpers cleared out the official store so quite a few on discogs now, limited run of 300)

Social source share

Okay not a new recording, but brilliant to learn from Brian Goucher a couple weeks ago that this stunning and very rare cd only track from the mid 90s by The Michigan Soul Searchers is about to be released on 45, after Pat Biggerstaff has tracked down remaining band member and licenced for limited run of 45s on his Izipho Soul label. 

https://www.souldiscovery.co.uk/2018/03/24/the-michigan-soul-searchers/

I was lucky to find a couple of the cd’s after Brian put me onto this a few years back, and until this last week or two the track hasn’t been posted up on online / youtube etc by anyone + the cd has remained incredibly rare...thankfully soon to be available for wider appreciation. Nice one Pat!:thumbsup:

https://m.soundcloud.com/s7oul/the-michigan-soul-searchers-where-could-i-go

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Guest Shufflin

one for the modern soul / funk / disco fans ;-)

recorded 1978, never released (until now)

blurb from Juno " Here, two of those "lost songs" make it to vinyl to the first time. We're particularly enjoying the driving, celebratory, sing-along disco of A-side "Take a Little Time", though the jazzier, slower and more musically expansive love song "My Next Step" is also impressive"

someone just posted a live version on the tube

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!