The ESTIMATIONS

Can't Do This To Me

(as posted higher up the thread)

is now on sale in UK

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
47 minutes ago, RICK SCOTT said:

Somebody is on the ball on Discogs, Only £40 + P&P But that may be just an Estimation errrrrr I'll get me coat :lol:

got mine from a well know on line retailer today for under a tenner, [idiot comment redacted ;-)] - thing is tho, that Discogs seller could be right, it will go up in value??

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

20 minutes ago, shufflin said:

got mine from a well know on line retailer today for under a tenner, I'd post a link but I might get told off by mods - thing is tho, that Discogs seller could be right, it will go up in value??

told off for what?

sharing decent useful info ?

this the link?

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/the-estimations-cant-do-this-to-me/676871-01/

Social source share

That latest release from Super Disco Edits (Between the Two) was brilliant to dance to a couple of times over this last weekend when it was played by a few of the DJs at Soul Essence alongside more tried and tested floor fillers :)

More great prev unreleased tracks from Cordial. Really like both these sides by Ruby & The Mudflaps... :thumbsup:

Edited by Scotters
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
45 minutes ago, andybellwood said:

'That latest release from Super Disco Edits (Between the Two) was brilliant to dance to a couple of times over this last weekend when it was played by a couple of the DJs at Soul Essence ...' 

BRILL - PREVIOUS RADIO SHOW PLAY FOR ME 

it's been a great year so far for new soul records imo, this next one is described as nu-jazz but it's soul to me - the 45 is available at Juno but Bandcamp seems sold out

The LP is also really good, not a bad track on it - the ltd edition LP is still on Bandcamp, only 3 of 30 ltd edition signed copies still available last time I checked

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/02/2018 at 21:22, shufflin said:

I got the last import of this a few weeks ago, so technically 2018 ;-)

only 6 months old and already last one on discogs £50

can only see this becoming an in-demand rare item down the line, even if UK ignores it

Is there a Chicano soul scene we need to hear about .. ? 

Social source share

5 hours ago, Scotters said:

Nice & slow new/old soul for a sunny Sunday morning...imminent second release from Pratt & Moody on Timmion “words words words” follows their debut single from a year or so ago. Pre order on Bandcamp or wait for usual stockists. :thumbsup:

https://timmionrecords.bandcamp.com/album/words-words-words

Quality. As the first relaese. Timmion is really a top notch label, rarely missin' a hit

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Cool new laid back soul for a Friday night from the Colemine record machine😎

Here’s the detail from Terry at Colemine Records...

Wesley Bright & The Honeytones new single out digitally!

“We are proud to announce the first new music from Akron, OH's Wesley Bright today! We have known Wesley and company for a while now, but it wasn't until last year that they came down to the studio to cut a couple of tunes and we are just now sneaking this first one out digitally. And would you believe it, this is the B-side! We'll be announcing the 45 once it arrives here, but we just couldn't contain ourselves with this one so we had to get it out on Spotify, Apple Music, etc.

Wesley Bright is a family man, a community man, and soul man! But would you believe that he not only makes sweet soul music, but also makes honey. I'll say it again. He makes honey. We are very excited to be working with him and the rest of the band as they are going to crank out some killer soul music in the near future!
Best,
Terry”

Social source share

Guest themroc
On 12/02/2018 at 21:46, mike said:

So good to these ears that felt a need to start a new new releases topic

Carlton Jumel Smith - I Can't Love You Anymore [Timmion]

feel free to add as you find/hear

I love these kinda tunes. You know "I didn't know that sleeping with your sister was gonna upset you, let's move on" Funny as...... 

Social source share

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Scotters said:

This thread seems to have dropped off so thought I’d try and get it going again!..Great new 45 soon from Kimberlite Records in Canada by “Broken Hearts Inc”to follow the high standard set by their first release a few months back :)

Mine arrived today (Thursday), Very nice Double Sider and on the Turntable as i Type, New  Quality Soul is alive and well as have to say I'm sick to death of all the re-issues (that are already still available on countless other labels) and re-mixes of tunes that do nothing to improve them, "Upwards and Onwards"

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, RICK SCOTT said:

Mine arrived today (Thursday), Very nice Double Sider and on the Turntable as i Type, New  Quality Soul is alive and well as have to say I'm sick to death of all the re-issues (that are already still available on countless other labels) and re-mixes of tunes that do nothing to improve them, "Upwards and Onwards"

I'm very happy with the reissues side of things, but totally agree on the subject of remixes. Vinyl only policy at events is partly to blame for this though, since djs otherwise keen to play more modern stuff will be put off playing anything digital. That handy 7 or 12 purposefully released on vinyl to get djs on board will therefore be even more handy as evidence that the dj is "keeping up", even as the quality threshold sinks further.

Maybe punters can take some of the blame here too, if they are dancing only to the familiar tunes, whether original or "given a twist". But considering the amount of complaints on here about wannabe djs and by-the-numbers playlists, it is contradictory to insist that djs abide by the rules applied to genuine collectors. The two activities are distinct, even if there is bound to be overlap between them. 

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

More wonderful new 45s on the way from Colemine Records later this month :) 

Black Pumas has been available as a download only track for a few months and a laid back firm fave here, nice to see released on a 45.

Really enjoying listening to all these tonight. Thanks and keep it rolling guys!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!