Source News

News: Film Festival - FortyFive Searching for Soul! Manchester 2nd March 2018

News/Article/Feature Highlight:

One of the organisers of the upcoming Manchester Film Festival (which takes place from the 1st to the 4th of March at the Odeon Great Northern Manchester) has been in touch and passed on the below...

View full article

Most of the charity shops I visit in the area have all 45's un-sleeved. I firmly believe they throw the sleeves away to make it easier to hang on those stupid pegs they use

Clearly not a thrift store. No thrift store I know has that many records. There's even bins of LPs visible on the right.

Just a very cruddy record store. Or maybe a pawn shop.

On 19/02/2018 at 14:49, shufflin said:

look at all them records without sleeves, do some places really store them like that?

This just highlights their lack of knowledge of  a vinyl record and what happens to it if not stored in a sleeve.

On 2/21/2018 at 08:34, vinylia said:

Clearly not a thrift store. No thrift store I know has that many records. There's even bins of LPs visible on the right.

Just a very cruddy record store. Or maybe a pawn shop.

Joyland Thrift in Topeka, Kansas. Place doesn't exist anymore, but it was one of the oddest shops you'd ever see. This is a pretty common sight in rural USA, but it's almost always rubbish.   

Thanks for sharing this! Hopefully some of you can come out to Manchester and see our film! I'll be spinning records on Thursday for an afterparty, I'll post the event info when I know more. Those of you interested in seeing the film that can't make it, it should be online after it has it's festival run!

Cheers!

- Johnny

King City Soul Club 

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

• 6 posts
    • 276 reads
    • soul shrews
    • 25 May 2018
    • 3 posts
    • 215 reads
    • johndelve
    • 25 May 2018
    • 3 posts
    • 220 reads
    • wiganer1
    • 22 May 2018
    • 2 posts
    • 172 reads
    • Benji
    • 18 May 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 90 reads
    • Source News
    • 18 May 2018
    • 1 posts
    • 83 reads
    • Source News
    • 14 May 2018
    • 4 posts
    • 229 reads
    • Chris L
    • 12 May 2018

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.