Is this the locally famous BUB?

JohnBarnsley

I couldn't say for sure.But what I will say is that there was only one Bub.I don't know why but years ago some people used to write their names on some but not all their records.I had Chuck Jackson:- Any Day Now,with my name on which I believe is in Derek Greenhoff's collection unless he's sold it on.

Regards Fred Ward. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Well for sure if you turn this topic into a tribute for Bub.....a thousand tales could be told.

DJ 's the all dayers at Cleethorpes WG amongst many other venues, and you had no idea what was coming on next! The human zoo, I love music, Festival time....whatever he felt like, and the crowd loved him.

Ed

• Up vote 2
Social source share

8 hours ago, tomangoes said:

Well for sure if you turn this topic into a tribute for Bub.....a thousand tales could be told.

DJ 's the all dayers at Cleethorpes WG amongst many other venues, and you had no idea what was coming on next! The human zoo, I love music, Festival time....whatever he felt like, and the crowd loved him.

Ed

I would love to read a thread on the tales of Bub....I know he was a massive character  ( from what I've read )... Sounds hilarious to me.....thank you....Rob

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Yup, fittest guy on the bus, who just happened to be knelt up talking to Bub, on the wrong side at the wrong time, and it tipped due to taking the corner too quick on a reverse camber. 

Driver could not slow down, and the steering locked.

Just a miracle nobody else died, although plenty with broken bones and scars.

Bub's massive United tattoo gone in seconds.

Bad memories all round.

Ed

Social source share

There has been a thread on here all about Bub  a few years ago. I'm not sure if it can be reinstated by the moderators or by Mike? as I'm sure it would make very interesting reading and an opportunity for some members who knew Bub to share some happy experiences with us all. 

Regards Fred. 

Edited by Mr Fred
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

26 minutes ago, Mr Fred said:

There has been a thread on here all about Bub  a few years ago. I'm not sure if it can be reinstated by the moderators or by Mike? as I'm sure it would make very interesting reading and an opportunity for some members who knew Bub to share some happy experiences with us all. 

Regards Fred. 

Here’s one old thread chaps.

Social source share

I used to go to the Trackie club in Barnsley from '89 to early '90. Bub played some great tunes. The other chap used to play great stuff also. Great little club that was.

I seem to remember Bub had a Vespa & each arse cheek sat on either side of the seat; what a character 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Make no mistake about it Bub will be up in heaven playing It keeps raining by Fats Domino it was his fav record.Bub never forgot the loss of his dear friend Mick Cook and everytime he Dj'd somewhere he would play Michael the Lover by the c.o.d's and dedicated it to Mick.When Bub was Djing somewhere he always made a point of wearing an antistatic top so he could clean his vinyl on his chest  L.o.l.       Regards Fred. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!