Drystone Radio... with guest Derek Pearson 8-9pm tonight

Lfcjunkie

Guest collector and radio presenter himself Derek Pearson playing his super choice cuts tonight along with Ruby providing us with the background (snoring..no kidding 😁) ... Derek's playlist below all brilliant tunes 

Dee Pee plays   Drystone Radio   Thurs 22/02/18

Not in any sort of order.

1. Symphonic Four (Zudan) ‘Who do you think you’re fooling’
The Illusions (Freedom) ‘It’s just an illusion’
Ural Thomas (Pres) ‘Pain is the name of your game’ © 2015
Four Shades (Ronn) ‘My world’
Dynamic Superiours (Chapel) ‘I’m a looser’
Little Ron Johnson (Hard Times) ‘I keep telling you’
Vonda Maria (Phil La Of Soul) ‘I feel complete’
Junior Parker (Duke) ‘Wait for another day‘
Patience Valentine (MJR) ‘Our love (a special blending)’
10. Leontine Dupree (Nation Time) ‘Colour me foolish’
The Festivals (Smash) ‘You’ve got the makings of a lover’
The Bonnevilles (Now) ‘I’ll be right there‘
Joe Perkins (Nugget) ‘Think I’ll go somewhere and cry myself to sleep’
14. Lonnie Polk (Mercury) ‘I can make you happy‘

• Up vote 1
  • Listening now 1
Social source share

21 minutes ago, Derek Pearson said:

The 22/02/18 podcast is repeated tonight (Monday 26th February @ 11pm) if anybody fancies a listen.

Dx

https://drystoneradio.com/ondemand/

Eup Derek,dave :hatsoff2:me n shelly listened to the show sunday morning,great tunes and knowledge and what a laugh 👍 wants list got bigger too:facepalm: we thought someone was on oxygen :lol: what was the last track that got cut short derek ? Great show is spectrum of soul always worth a listen 👍😘 cheers chaps baz n shelly

Social source share

7 minutes ago, lfcjunkie said:

Nah then Baz and Shelly...thanks for the comments... what a laugh we had ... god knows what the 'twang' was .. I think it was summat Derek was wearing 😂... hope you'r both well...

Dave 

Eup dave :lol:heard the twang an both off our heads spun an looked at radio "what wo that " 😂😂😂 and shell early on int show said who's breathing like they on oxygen 😂😂 Derek is funny though,remember him sayin to shell that he went for a job interview an told um he'd guarantee he would be there everyday just dint know what time :lol::lol:what was last record that wer cut short m8 ? Atb baz n shelly Xx

Social source share

Glad you and Shelly liked the show Baz.

Re the last record - I'd forgotten I was being all mysterious (laughs) - it's Ural Thomas 'Pain is the name of your game'.

He first cut the song on Uni in May 1967 (which is a great deep soul ballad in itself check YouTube) then re-recorded it with a younger band and released on Pres Records in August 2015. I've read only 500 copies of the 45 were ever made and have long sold out.

I only stumbled across it purely by chance when following a link on Youtube (as you do) back end o' last year. Went straight onto Google to track down a copy and ended up buying one of only 2 copies on sale through the web. Paid about £40 from some bloke in Russia.

Woukld you believe I was actually talking to the lad who bought the other remaining copy off the web only last week end.

check this for more info  https://www.45cat.com/record/prs45805

Derek

• Listening now 1
Social source share

On 27/02/2018 at 22:08, Derek Pearson said:

Glad you and Shelly liked the show Baz.

Re the last record - I'd forgotten I was being all mysterious (laughs) - it's Ural Thomas 'Pain is the name of your game'.

He first cut the song on Uni in May 1967 (which is a great deep soul ballad in itself check YouTube) then re-recorded it with a younger band and released on Pres Records in August 2015. I've read only 500 copies of the 45 were ever made and have long sold out.

I only stumbled across it purely by chance when following a link on Youtube (as you do) back end o' last year. Went straight onto Google to track down a copy and ended up buying one of only 2 copies on sale through the web. Paid about £40 from some bloke in Russia.

Woukld you believe I was actually talking to the lad who bought the other remaining copy off the web only last week end.

check this for more info  https://www.45cat.com/record/prs45805

Derek

Birthday on the 20th march dek 👍 think our shelly may be getting me the one on uni :wicked:which I prefer to be honest but thanks again for the info 👍 c soon m8 atb baz n shelly

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!