Motown paper sleeve - but which country?

Derek Pearson

5a902994f3931_Motownpapersleeve.thumb.jpg.651f70c6fa13f0b1d132af75b50ea532.jpg

Bought a 45* from overseas last year and to my surprise** it came adorned with this rather good looking Motown paper sleeve.

As I sorta collect original paper company sleeves (I know I know.....) it was a most welcome addition to my box of sleeves.

Just for a larf does anybody fancy having a guess at which country they think this sleeve originally comes from?

And if anybody knows which country it's from for certain let the game run for a bit eh? before I reveal all (oo-er).

Dx

Clues (sort of/possibly/maybe?):

* I can't say for certain that the country where I bought this record from is actually the country where this paper sleeve originates from. Though it's more likely to be I'd have thought.

** And just in case you were wondering I didn't actually buy any sort of Motown (or related) record which this sleeve came with.

The front and rear of the sleeve are identical.

No other information (such as country of origin etc etc) was printed on the front and/or rear of the sleeve. Please don't think I mention this because I've actually covered up/masked some additional info (which I haven't) that was printed on the sleeve which would spoil all the fun of this question wouldn't it hahaha?

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!