woolie mark

Liverpool are 2nd in EPL....how did that happen?

10 hours ago, woolie mark said:

Does this mean that their games won't only be televised on The History Channel in the future? 

As long as we don’t see those White FA Cup Final suits again ... 👍

2 minutes ago, stevegods said:

East - Lancs in my day ... and your at the wrong end of it  😜

:g:Steve I'm actually from Widnes originally so technically I was about in the middle but definitely moved to the right end :D

As a Manchester United , it hurt to say this but Liverpool play good football right now it s fast and all out attacking football . 

Hell that hurt to say lol.

Tempted to say pure brilliance, but the reason is improved results based on high workrate, converting scoring chances into goals and good all-round teamwork. Rampaging Andy Robertson is playing like Stevie Heighway. Alex the Ox is bulldozering through defences. James Millner is carrying on from where Jimmy Case left off. Forward line of Mane, Salah and Firmino have erased memories of the three players behinning with S...

34 minutes ago, davidc said:

As a Manchester United , it hurt to say this but Liverpool play good football right now it s fast and all out attacking football . 

Hell that hurt to say lol.

“ 30 years of hurt”  ... well nearly and maybe some change is finally going to come .. but either way it’s City’s title and really well deserved 👍

24 minutes ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

Tempted to say pure brilliance, but the reason is improved results based on high workrate, converting scoring chances into goals and good all-round teamwork. Rampaging Andy Robertson is playing like Stevie Heighway. Alex the Ox is bulldozering through defences. James Millner is carrying on from where Jimmy Case left off. Forward line of Mane, Salah and Firmino have erased memories of the three players behinning with S...

Both the Ox and Robertson especially had great games yesterday ... but not to get too carried away , it was only West Ham with but all the better with an ex Everton / Man U manager 😜

cant chuck away a 5-0 lead next week surly ... we can’t ... can we 🙏

1 hour ago, shinehead said:

What with City and Liverpool deciding attacking football is the way forward the defensive Mourinho will be having nightmares.

Add spurs to that list.

all 3 are playing really entertaining football.

would be good to see spurs and liverpool take 2nd and 3rd

1 hour ago, stevegods said:

Both the Ox and Robertson especially had great games yesterday ... but not to get too carried away , it was only West Ham with but all the better with an ex Everton / Man U manager 😜

cant chuck away a 5-0 lead next week surly ... we can’t ... can we 🙏

Results against the Hammers haven’t been great recently - they can be awkward at the worst of times. Moyes was a good manager at Everton but not up to the job at United - still to be taken seriously despite the deficiencies of his squad.

If Klopp fields the second string against Porto, anything could happen before he brings his top strikers off the bench - seen this tactic backfire already this season. Thinking positively, Reds march on into the next round, and with a good draw, further still.

We will see after the Man Utd away game ... could be a six pointer .. and if Utd play like they did today ... I don’t think parking a double decker bendy bus will help them 👍

5 hours ago, dylan said:

would be good to see spurs and liverpool take 2nd and 3rd

Yes, it's looking very likely.

I hear the scousers have a song about becoming Muslims and going to the Mosque?  Brilliant! :lol:

It's great to have a team playing the way Liverpool are in the Premier League, and I wish them all the best ("the best" for us dustbin lids being third btw).

Spurs had a tricky run of fixtures and did pretty well they just need to hold it together.

man u v Liverpool has come at a good time for them.  

5 minutes ago, woolie mark said:

I hear the scousers have a song about becoming Muslims and going to the Mosque?  Brilliant! :lol:

It's great to have a team playing the way Liverpool are in the Premier League, and I wish them all the best ("the best" for us dustbin lids being third btw).

That mane mane song by the Irish fan is very good.

2 minutes ago, dylan said:

Spurs had a tricky run of fixtures and did pretty well they just need to hold it together.

man u v Liverpool has come at a good time for them.  

Yes, it's all going to plan.

Be interesting to see what effect the farcical managerial situations at Man U and Chelsea have on the run in.

6 minutes ago, woolie mark said:

Yes, it's all going to plan.

Be interesting to see what effect the farcical managerial situations at Man U and Chelsea have on the run in.

Indeed....

1 hour ago, woolie mark said:

Salah is very quickly becoming not just a god in Egypt ( given late penalty to secure Egypt’s World Cup qualifier ) but for what he’s done on the pitch since joining L’Pool .. 

Scoucers will always make a joke out of anything ... even Manchester Utd coming third 👍

Edited by stevegods

8 hours ago, shinehead said:

What with City and Liverpool deciding attacking football is the way forward the defensive Mourinho will be having nightmares.

He's already had one when they came up against Eriksen, Alli, and Kane.  Didn't have a clue.  Apart from their goalkeeper, Lingard seemed to me to be the only one not looking like a rabbit in car headlights.

Come to think of it, how did Mourino even get this job?  Apart from the fact he's a crap manager, his players don't respect him and can't wait for him to get the inevitable heave-ho.  How many million pounds will he get paid-off for being rubbish at this latest job?

11 hours ago, woolie mark said:

Liverpool have Irish fans?  Next you'll be saying the majority of MUFC fans live in China! :lol:

Not at all.  I just thought this was funny

any big team with some past success is going to have fans all over the world.

12 hours ago, dylan said:

any big team with some past success is going to have fans all over the world.

I know mate, but it amuses me to keep perpetuating the myth that Man U don't have any fans who actually live in Manchester....simple things and simple minds and all that. :)

1 minute ago, woolie mark said:

I know mate, but it amuses me to keep perpetuating the myth that Man U don't have any fans who actually live in Manchester....simple things and simple minds and all that. :)

For anyone interested in the facts.  Man United have more season ticket holders that live in greater Manchester than live outside the area. They also have more season ticket holders than any other premier league clubs. 

Steve 

5 minutes ago, woolie mark said:

True i've heard that quite a lot usually from people who have never been to a football match.

not that i go much now although my lad is 6 so i may start taking him.  He went to his first game last week and semed to enjoy it.

1 hour ago, dylan said:

True i've heard that quite a lot usually from people who have never been to a football match.

not that i go much now although my lad is 6 so i may start taking him.  He went to his first game last week and semed to enjoy it.

To be fair though, when you live in London you seem to meet more Man U supporters than for local clubs.  That's probably the same all over the country, so probably where this myth originates from.

I've taken my wife to Wembley a couple of times this season and she is now well into it, and we've won both times she's gone so the blokes in the neighbouring seats make a fuss of her and tell her she brings good luck and has to keep going.

On 26/02/2018 at 23:05, woolie mark said:

To be fair though, when you live in London you seem to meet more Man U supporters than for local clubs.  That's probably the same all over the country, so probably where this myth originates from.

Man United are by far and away the biggest club in the country.  Biggest in the world  actually.  So the law of averages determine  that you will meet more United fans than anyone else.  Just telling the truth for anyone out there that thinks other wise. :yes::yes:

Steve 

Posted (edited)

Meanwhile,at the other end of the Premier League table..

Angry scenes at the former Olympic Stadium in London this afternoon as West Ham United are soundly thrashed 3-0 by Burnley, prompting a pitch invasion by the Hammers supporters who also attempted to confront the clubs owners in the directors box.

One supporter, identified only as 'Jedi Dave' was so incensed he actually wrestled a corner flag out of the ground and held it defiantly above his head in an absolutely pointless, silent, lightsaber-esque style protest.

u1lAoLv.jpg

Hopefully,the force will be with 'Jedi Dave' again soon...the Metropolitan Police Force that is.

In even more outrageous scenes from inside the stadium another disgruntled fan even demanded an impromptu,on pitch arse-fisting by way of an apology for the clubs recent poor form from the Hammers team captain,Mark Noble who was more than happy to oblige this frankly bizarre request and one which sets a new all time low, even for the standards of West Ham United's fan's behaviour.

kQrDFPn.jpg

Edited by Soulsides

As a Leeds fan its just sad      still lads i bet you lot wish it was us walking down warwick road    some crackle in the atmosphere instead of fkin bournmouth but lads we are proper shite 

This is for steve who i dont know but is always working it seems !

20 minutes ago, martin l said:

As a Leeds fan its just sad      still lads i bet you lot wish it was us walking down warwick road    some crackle in the atmosphere

This is for steve who i dont know but is always working it seems !

If I'm the Steve your referring to. I'm not working at the moment, got finished up a month ago. :D.

And yes it was definitely more fun when you lot where in town. 

Steve 

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.