Ady Potts

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yes, there is a 12" featuring a 'remix', which was done by Barry Despenza

in 1980 (I believe). I'll try to find the sound file tonight. Have it on CD somewhere.

Seem to remember that it's not that different from the 7" on Dispo though.

Edited by cC B
Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(C.B @ Nov 28 2006, 01:38 PM) link
Yes, there is a 12" featuring a 'remix', which was done by Barry Despenza

in 1980 (I believe). I'll try to find the sound file tonight. Have it on CD somewhere.

Seem to remember that it's not that different from the 7" on Dispo though.

Cheers Christian,

Would like to hear it.

Seems like Mr. Despenza was a dab hand at squeezing an extra buck out of a tune.

Social source share

Cheers Christian,

Would like to hear it.

Seems like Mr. Despenza was a dab hand at squeezing an extra buck out of a tune.

I seem to remember that somebody had talked with Jimmy about the 12"

once and apperantly he didn't even know that it was released!

Social source share

I know what the Jimmy Burns - I Can't Get Over - Dispo on 7" sounds like, but someone said there's a later 12" cut of it. Is this true? Anyone have a sound clip of it, please?

pottsy :thumbsup:

I'm not sure the 12" is a remix. If it is, it's not much of one.

It's certainly the same recording, same tempo, the whole nine yards, but if anything the 45 is mastered a little LOUDER than the 12.

You'd be very hard pressed to spot the difference over a large system, that's for sure.

In summary, if you like the sound of the record you will not be dissapointed with the 12".... and you can spend the £500 saved on something else!

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

I'm not sure the 12" is a remix. If it is, it's not much of one.

It's certainly the same recording, same tempo, the whole nine yards, but if anything the 45 is mastered a little LOUDER than the 12.

You'd be very hard pressed to spot the difference over a large system, that's for sure.

In summary, if you like the sound of the record you will not be dissapointed with the 12".... and you can spend the £500 saved on something else!

:wicked:

Sean

I have both and don't believe it's a remix either, just lighter vinyl and a 12" groove making the sound slightly different. Played the 12 for years before managing to squeeze a 7 out of someone for a reasonable price.

Social source share

I have both and don't believe it's a remix either, just lighter vinyl and a 12" groove making the sound slightly different. Played the 12 for years before managing to squeeze a 7 out of someone for a reasonable price.

You're right. Just listened to 12" version from a CD this morning and compared

it to my 7", and they do sound pretty much the same. Might just have been

re-mastered for the 12" I guess, hence the 'feeling' that they're slightly different.

Bought a 7" studio acetate of this from Shifty some years ago, which did have an

alt.mix though. Don't have it anymore, so I can't make a sound file I'm afraid.

CB

Social source share

I'm confused now, so has the Jimmy Burns 12" got 2 tracks on one side by him and Two Bobby Jones on the other then?
Mine has ' Can't get over' & 'Where does that leave me' Jimmy Burns on Side B & 'Just aint my day' You dont know what youve got' & win your love' by Bobby Jonz on A Side ...more like a mini- Album

Chris M :thumbsup:

Edited by bearsoul
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!