pilgrimsoul

Idiot seller

I posted a thread in wants,a guy offered me his record for a certain price and I said that I'd have it,I had no reply for 3 days then he messaged me today and said that he'd had a better offer, what a complete C***.Is there no honour left ?

2 minutes ago, pilgrimsoul said:

I posted a thread in wants,a guy offered me his record for a certain price and I said that I'd have it,I had no reply for 3 days then he messaged me today and said that he'd had a better offer, what a complete C***.Is there no honour left ?

I agree m8 thats not on :facepalm: complete and utter twa. Atb in your search for another. Baz

I would be blowin my top :dash2: its a great feeling when someone says they got one and you agree a price :hatsoff2:but to have it snatched away and probably only for ten or twenty quid extra :facepalm:disgraceful imo . Baz

1 hour ago, pilgrimsoul said:

I have just had the same in reverse.  Somebody buying a record then no contact.

I would always honour a sale that’s a cheap trick.

There's also some sellers who are STORE owners and equally or more idiots!

I remember in my twenty years in Barcelona, first 80's, searching Soul music in some not specialized record stores. One time the owner ask me what I'm searching and I says "Soul in general, 60's, 70's..." and he responded me "If you want call 'soul' to 'disco music'!... here's NOT commercial music" with a tone pretentious, the typical "progressive rock aficionado" who thinks "all the black music except jazz, blues and gospel is DISCO" - in a pejorative sense - and he was "proud" for not having NOTHING of this genre. Similar actitudes I have found in diverse occasions... "stupid "intellectuals" (hahahahaha!!!) who thinks "soul is for dance = disco" / progressive rock is for thinking"... They don't knows Curtis, Marvin,... they don't know Gospel, R & B and Soul PRECEDED - INVENTED ROCK; they don't knows the first white acts on rock started imitating Little Richard and making covers of Soul and R&B songs by Arthur Alexander... Those things were usuals here in Spain during 70's and 80's and I suffered respective comments when I meet somebody and I have a vynil by The Temts or The O'Jays in my hands ("You hear american music"... surely Dylan, Joan Baez or some other "intellectual" singer / songwriter they heard, were from Sevilla or from Madrid!...:D)

Hi

I`ve hads this happen to me a couple of times in the wants section on this site

the last time was for a copy of the unbelievable uglies on soma, this guy kept me hanging on for ages telling he had a copy and would sort it it  but was working away from home. This went on for ages with me sending several messages, the guy didnt even have the manners to reply to my messages in the end. Why tell someone you have one of there wants only to ignore there messages, do people enjoy F--king with people and wasting there time or is it an ego thing , makes you wonder if they even had the record in the first place or are they just full of bullshit

ATB

Floyd:thumbsup:

its happened to me as well, i,ve even left deposit and full payment ..refunded to me both times as no longer available ?and dropped the said 45 and cracked it when checking grade again....

A bad situation indeed and I think its time to put in feedback. But it works both ways. 

many moons ago I responded to a want on here and agreed a price. I spent two hours digging the record out of storage. Radio silence for two days then the buyer  wanted scans of the label (which was perfect by the way). Radio silence again and then a few days later asked for a full description of the vinyl. A few days later I contacted him about him paying and several days after again and got no response. I suspect he was playing sellers off against each other.

Six weeks ago someone contacted me about a sales item I put up a couple of months ago. I had it and sent him  3 PM's with payment details etc. To this day I have never seen any response.

So lets be clear some buyers have no morals either.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Andy Mac said:

A bad situation indeed and I think its time to put in feedback. But it works both ways. 

many moons ago I responded to a want on here and agreed a price. I spent two hours digging the record out of storage. Radio silence for two days then the buyer  wanted scans of the label (which was perfect by the way). Radio silence again and then a few days later asked for a full description of the vinyl. A few days later I contacted him about him paying and several days after again and got no response. I suspect he was playing sellers off against each other.

Six weeks ago someone contacted me about a sales item I put up a couple of months ago. I had it and sent him  3 PM's with payment details etc. To this day I have never seen any response.

So lets be clear some buyers have no morals either.

Hi Andy

i agree , it  does work both ways

so perhaps its time sellers and buyers who openly waste peoples time on here are named and shamed

so at least we all know who the time wasters are and can avoid dealing with them

ATB

Edited by floyd

2 hours ago, floyd said:

Hi Andy

i agree , it  does work both ways

so perhaps its time sellers and buyers who openly waste peoples time on here are named and shamed

so at least we all know who the time wasters are and can avoid dealing with them

ATB

naming and shaming isn't a good method of highlighting such issues imo

we do have a working 'sales feedback' feature with over 13,000 feedback individual ratings given here

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/feedback/

that should be the first port of call when wishing to pass on your experience be it good or bad with other members on here

Not good that , however , i suppose he was honest about what he had done ,   i have had a few situations in the past when i have sealed a deal  only to be told that  " the disc was cracked during packaging"  or    " i cant seem to find it anywhere"   .... This type of thing tends to happen when i feel i have got a particularly good price , and never when i feel i am paying a little over the odds .   All in the game i suppose .

11 minutes ago, carty said:

i have had a few situations in the past when i have sealed a deal  only to be told that  " the disc was cracked during packaging"  or    " i cant seem to find it anywhere"   .... This type of thing tends to happen when i feel i have got a particularly good price , and never when i feel i am paying a little over the odds . 

I've had exactly that on here. And very annoying when it happens. 

had the same got a response on a want, said ok will sort when I got home from work to find he had sold said record to someone else....what not even allowed to work lol

" i cant seem to find it anywhere"..This type of thing tends to happens when I have got a particulary good price.

Nobody beats my prices when i am selling those sort! :lol:

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.