Film/TV stars that also became NS related artists

Kenb

• Replies 54
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

2 hours ago, Mr Fred said:

Interesting credits on the label, Wonder, Moy, Cosby. So the three are Stevie Wonder, Sylvia Moy and would it be Bill Cosby?; always wondered or is it just a coincidence. I have considered playing it at the Central but it's a difficult one to dance to. Regards Fred. 

Too late to answer, as someone beat me to it. Then again, buggered if I knew the answer anyway! As to playing it, why not? What's to lose? OK, one or two may damage a hip, sprain an ankle, or get chest pains, but that's a common enough danger even getting up out of bed for most of us these days eh? Spin it, you know you want to really! :-)

P.S. Take a look at the pics I posted recently in the members photos section. One of the pics has a couple of the Central crowd from 73-74 in it.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

10 hours ago, Mr Fred said:

Thanks for the info.

Regards Fred. 

No problem.

Re Henry Cosby, he was an original funk brother and played around Detroit with all the players we associate with the funks. (Saxophone/horns).

However, if you saw the film "standing in the shadows of Motown", and many subsequent articles , he rarely gets a mention. I think the reason was that following Mickey Stevenson's defection to MGM, Cosby took over the role of the musician's contractor...basically moving from shop floor to management. It seems to me that the others took a dislike to him/the situation, as I'm sure that this has been reported .

He co-wrote/produced a lot of Stevie Wonder stuff with Sylvia Moy and Stevie. ( amongst others).

Social source share

On 14/03/2018 at 14:35, Joey said:

Too late to answer, as someone beat me to it. Then again, buggered if I knew the answer anyway! As to playing it, why not? What's to lose? OK, one or two may damage a hip, sprain an ankle, or get chest pains, but that's a common enough danger even getting up out of bed for most of us these days eh? Spin it, you know you want to really! :-)

P.S. Take a look at the pics I posted recently in the members photos section. One of the pics has a couple of the Central crowd from 73-74 in it.

F--ck me Joey a few people in the Manchester crowd photo i know Kev Smith from prestwich( R.I.P. )My late brother Rob Ward used to be a very close friend of Kev as I was also did you know the stunning girl who used to knock about with Kev, Sharron Christie? she moved down to Torquay from Manchester.It may have been Cornwall as it was such a long time ago.Brian Hassan knew him and knocked about with him.He used to go to the Cleethorpes all nighters .You seem to know lots of people I knew or know i say it like that as a lot of people have passed away over the years. Did you know pat Nolan or Kath Wicker used to go to the Magnet.Billy Ball an old wheeler.these are just a few Martyn Ellis is another good friend. Joey here's one for the future why don't you come down to one of the Central all dayers or the Wardrobe also in leeds both brill dayers I would have thought it would be possible travelling by train but hey its only a suggestion you do what you want to do . If you do decide to come down let me know. Am going to finish now Joey as it times you out on here and it's a pain when you've spent time typing only for it not to be saved. Will speak to you soon Regards Fred. 

Edited by Mr Fred
Social source share

52 minutes ago, Mr Fred said:

F--ck me Joey a few people in the Manchester crowd photo i know Kev Smith from prestwich( R.I.P. )My late brother Rob Ward used to be a very close friend of Kev as I was also did you know the stunning girl who used to knock about with Kev, Sharron Christie? she moved down to Torquay from Manchester.It may have been Cornwall as it was such a long time ago.Brian Hassan knew him and knocked about with him.He used to go to the Cleethorpes all nighters .You seem to know lots of people I knew or know i say it like that as a lot of people have passed away over the years. Did you know pat Nolan or Kath Wicker used to go to the Magnet.Billy Ball an old wheeler.these are just a few Martyn Ellis is another good friend. Joey here's one for the future why don't you come down to one of the Central all dayers or the Wardrobe also in leeds both brill dayers I would have thought it would be possible travelling by train but hey its only a suggestion you do what you want to do . If you do decide to come down let me know. Am going to finish now Joey as it times you out on here and it's a pain when you've spent time typing only for it not to be saved. Will speak to you soon Regards Fred. 

PM'd you 👍

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert