Record Box Trackers ?

Mike

currently setting up and using a pack of these that got as a familygift

https://www.thetileapp.com/en-gb/

an obvious thought is it be handy for dj or trader types as in chuck one in your record box/s when out and about

though guess may be a bit limited in non-urban areas

anyway the question is..

is anyone using anything similar to this, and if so have any recommendations/suggestions/views for other members?

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

It doesn't look to have a very big range. If someone took off with your records you need something that can track wherever they get to like the apple find my phone app. I couldn't imagine any thief would hand around within 200 feet.

A satellite enabled tracking device would be a great idea though. 

Social source share

On 09/03/2018 at 21:10, Rick Smith said:

It doesn't look to have a very big range. If someone took off with your records you need something that can track wherever they get to like the apple find my phone app. I couldn't imagine any thief would hand around within 200 feet.

A satellite enabled tracking device would be a great idea though. 

as far as i understand

all phones with the app on 'track' every device 

so if lost/stolen the system knows where it was if in range of a phone or where it last was tracked

obviously, the results depend on if in built-up area and number of people with the app in area

Social source share

GPS trackers are getting cheaper. You'd need a low cost SIM-card with it. But tracking would be much better than with a bluetooth tile. It's not much bigger than those tiles either, so you should be able to hide one in your record box.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!