Gwen Owens - You better watch out - going rate ?

Chris L

3 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Chris . I would have said about £30 for the US Cassablanca not sure about the what I would say rarer British one. Don't know about the Demo.

(  I'm probably miles out with the silly prices that everything seems to be fetching these days )

Steve

I thought that too but I'm seeing them on UK Ebay for less (but they're not sold so will keep an eye on ending price).

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 3/2/2018 at 17:03, Winsford Soul said:

Chris . I would have said about £30 for the US Cassablanca not sure about the what I would say rarer British one. Don't know about the Demo.

(  I'm probably miles out with the silly prices that everything seems to be fetching these days )

Steve

Ended up paying £4.20 bit of a bargain I'd say :thumbsup: 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
39 minutes ago, Tomangoes said:

Bit of trivia...

Sat with Gwen at the 2004 LA soul trip....she was selling her records.

Nothing special in that box whatsoever.....beatles, brit pop, very disappointing.

Lovely lady though.....

Ed

She sold her biggie at Prestatyn, five copies she had I think when we were sat with her. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

Bit of trivia...

Sat with Gwen at the 2004 LA soul trip....she was selling her records.

Nothing special in that box whatsoever.....beatles, brit pop, very disappointing.

Lovely lady though.....

Ed

I was also at Soul Trip U.S.A. and remember Gwen selling her 45's.

What I also remember is that  there was a record show on Sunday morning and I must have heard that 

------------------------------ bought Gwen's Johnny Hampton "Not My Girl" for $5 or $10 at least 

15 times. So Gwen did bring at least one good 45 with her. 

Social source share

3 hours ago, Dave Pinch said:

think i have 4 or 5 copies of this.. thought it was really cheap.. £6 or something

Thats what I thought. Gave a spare away last year ..But that was all of 5 minutes ago, I can't keep up with these price hikes on very common records

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!