Winsford Soul

BBC. Patronising

15 hours ago, maslar said:

I haven't  dismissed anything. You seem to equate media/newspaper  worthiness with circulation numbers. That's ridiculous. I can understand why the BBC would buy the Guardian (even though I'm no longer a supporter of it). I really can't understand why it would buy the Sun. After it's already bought the Mail, Telegraph, Times  etc. etc.

But you exemplify pefectly the media bias that exists in this country. The BBC buys far more right wing papers than left. But the fact that it buys the leading Left(ish) wing (I use the term very loosely) serious newspaper obviously bothers you - to the point you have to actually use that fact to launch an attack on the BBC. To suggest the BBc is left wing.   There's no logic there.

It's a bit like watching Peterson making grandoise statements about freedom of speech and then complaining  because a few students heckle him for a minute or so at a university event he's speaking at. To the point he claims that such protest should be shut down completly. Almost as bizarre as the ten minute interview on youtube where he analyses in ridiclous depth his interview with Newman. It's absurd the level  to which he goes. Someone really should let him know  - its just a Ch4 interview. It's just Cathy being Cathy. Let it go. Sweet jesus imagine what he'd be like if he got the Snow treatment. :D

Good lord above, its seems you are getting a bit tense over this. No need to write an essay. Two simple points, firstly Newman should 'play the ball not the man' as they say. Tackle him on his words, beliefs, theories etc., not what the liberal left deem him to be - nothing more to my point than that. Second, the Guardian "left (ish)" that made me chuckle :D. But the main point is that Peter Sissons (ex BBC jurno, news presenter, Question Time host amongst other roles) stated the Guardian is used to set the BBC's news agenda - not my words his. So my point is why is the worst selling daily newspaper used to dictate the BBC news agenda and coverage ? The "logic" as you say is that is by doing this the BBC is following a "left(ish)" agenda. The flipside would be that if it was using the Sun or Mail then it would be following a right (ish) agenda.:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Andy Mac said:

Good lord above, its seems you are getting a bit tense over this. No need to write an essay. Two simple points, firstly Newman should 'play the ball not the man' as they say. Tackle him on his words, beliefs, theories etc., not what the liberal left deem him to be - nothing more to my point than that. Second, the Guardian "left (ish)" that made me chuckle :D. But the main point is that Peter Sissons (ex BBC jurno, news presenter, Question Time host amongst other roles) stated the Guardian is used to set the BBC's news agenda - not my words his. So my point is why is the worst selling daily newspaper used to dictate the BBC news agenda and coverage ? The "logic" as you say is that is by doing this the BBC is following a "left(ish)" agenda. The flipside would be that if it was using the Sun or Mail then it would be following a right (ish) agenda.:thumbsup:

that Peter Sissons quote is from 2011

relevancy in 2018?

"It's a bit like watching Peterson making grandiose statements about freedom of speech and then complaining  because a few students heckle him for a minute or so at a university event he's speaking at."

That's exactly the point if you have a gaggle of hecklers trying to interrupt and disturb your talk then that's not allow "free" speech is it ? 

6 hours ago, Chris L said:

"It's a bit like watching Peterson making grandiose statements about freedom of speech and then complaining  because a few students heckle him for a minute or so at a university event he's speaking at."

That's exactly the point if you have a gaggle of hecklers trying to interrupt and disturb your talk then that's not allow "free" speech is it ? 

They spoke , then he spoke. Everyone had their say. Free speech.

Posted (edited)

Well I've had enough of dreary old Jordan Peterson. Back to the BBC.

On the day that one of Britain's greatest ever  scientists sadly dies John Humphries shames himself and the BBC. But he will not be sacked - or receieve any rebuke. And certainly not a pay cut. The right-wing Humphries - who the BBC think is worth £600000 per annum is one of the corporations's mega-stars.

Today, on news of the the death of Stephen Hawkins  Humphries states that Hawkin's eyelids "were the only part of him that worked". His words. He then mused, in  that way he  has, "Did the science community cut him a lot of slack becuase he was so deperatly disabled".

Thats the BBC's  highest paid news reporter talking about Stephen Hawkins .

Edited by maslar
typo

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Chris L said:

Sad, if you really believe that............

Maybe sad to you but that's the reality. I'm not in the habit of spending time giving views  I don't really believe - so for future reference take it for granted that everything  I say or write I really do believe. :thumbsup:

Edited by maslar

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.