Jump to content
Kegsy

Russian Spy

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, dylan said:

a recent story i've not seen on the news is free school dinners for parents earning 16k is no longer going to be available.

 

to be eligible you need to earn less then 7k.

 

how somebody who earns 7k a year can afford this is beyond me.

 

putting children into poverty and running the risk of some not getting at least one hot meal a day.

 

5 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Recent article from BBC....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43661817

 

Come on lads, keep things on topic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, dylan said:

Yes still very possible.

The press are drawing parallels with the Kivelidi murder in 1995, where a toxic substance was smeared onto the mouthpiece of a telephone.  Both people who came in contact with the poison, Kivelidi and his secretary, died within two days.  Apparently one of the biggest drawbacks with Novichok is that it becomes hydrolysed (broken down with water) immediately, so smearing it on an external door handle in Britain this time of year would have probably reduced its potency.

Edited by Steve S 60

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

The press are drawing parallels with the Kivelidi murder in 1995, where a toxic substance was smeared onto the mouthpiece of a telephone.  Both people who came in contact with the poison, Kivelidi and his secretary, died within two days.  Apparently one of the biggest drawbacks with Novichok is that it becomes hydrolysed (broken down with water) immediately, so smearing it on an external door handle in Britain this time of year would have probably reduced its potency.

That seems like a schoolboy error bearing in mind the time of year the attack was carried out.

 

my initial question about it still being the door handle was because i was thinking a liquid form may loose potency over time its exposed to the elements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dylan said:

That seems like a schoolboy error bearing in mind the time of year the attack was carried out.

 

my initial question about it still being the door handle was because i was thinking a liquid form may loose potency over time its exposed to the elements.

....and that's what probably saved the Skripals.  Also, a damp outside door handle wouldn't seem out of the ordinary, as opposed to one covered in powder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Kegsy said:

How odd, surely initial tests at Porton Down under a decent microscope would have revealed powder or liquid form. Why are we only just finding out ?.

I can only ever remember it being referred to as a nerve agent and never if it was a powder or liquid.  

 

i'm not sure it makes to much difference in the scheme of things what it does and the intent is still the same.

 

I think I read somewhere liquids are easier to transport and easier to avoid detection so that could explain it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dylan said:

I can only ever remember it being referred to as a nerve agent and never if it was a powder or liquid.  

 

i'm not sure it makes to much difference in the scheme of things what it does and the intent is still the same.

 

I think I read somewhere liquids are easier to transport and easier to avoid detection so that could explain it.

I reckon it's just more drip feed to the media to keep the case in the spotlight. Sky were saying earlier that a clean up operation in Salisbury may take months. The government are milking this to conceal bad news and will continue to do so. Probably mostly Brexit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Kegsy said:

I reckon it's just more drip feed to the media to keep the case in the spotlight. Sky were saying earlier that a clean up operation in Salisbury may take months. The government are milking this to conceal bad news and will continue to do so. Probably mostly Brexit.

They need to  get the Russians in because apparently they will have cleaned up Douma before the UN weapons  Inspectors get there.. Now that's efficiency. Two days as opposed to six months. 

Could you actually make this crap up?

 

Edited by maslar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So many holes in this story and I've got a feeling a few big revelations to come that will tip everything upside down. Personally I find the whole "door handle" explanation completely ridiculous. To go to all that trouble of obtaining this compound (see, I didn't say novichok) and then using it in such a stupid way doesn't make sense. Surely you'd go for the high percentage shot.  

Still. I'm glad I'm not the person who sat at the Skripal's table at Zizzi after they left, or the staff who cleared their cutlery away, or the people who came to their aid at the bench, or the doctor who worked on YS for a full 30 minutes. or the people at the pub they went to. Hopefully no friends there to shake hands with. Or the people they may have met that morning  during the four hours both their phones were switched off. Gotta save those batteries.

Thank god for the wonderful english weather and its anti military grade novichok properties.  It could have all turned out so much worse in a heatwave..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fairystory.jpg.a04c6907c86e596cac7f6ba1d44f0ae5.jpg

 

The scene of the crime two days after the Skripals were contaminated via the door handle seen just feet behind these policewomen.    Today it was reported that six weeks later neighbours may have to move out of their houses as the clean up commences. But  thankfully rumours the house may be demolished are not true - well they don't think so. What  a lucky escape these ladies had. God job they weren't given access to the skripals loo. (is it raining?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've posted this clip on the Syria thread in Clubs but I make no apologies for posting it again here  because imo it's the most illustrative clip I've seen. A brilliant analysis from Lord west - but just listen to the BBC government propagandaist from 4:30. All said without a hint of shame.  Bascially she's saying that maybe because what he sayss goes against the governemnts stance he should keep quiet. Got to love the BBC. So relevant to what's happening in Sailsbury

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

54 minutes ago, maslar said:

I've posted this clip on the Syria thread in Clubs but I make no apologies for posting it again here  because imo it's the most illustrative clip I've seen. A brilliant analysis from Lord west - but just listen to the BBC government propagandaist from 4:30. All said without a hint of shame.  Bascially she's saying that maybe because what he sayss goes against the governemnts stance he should keep quiet. Got to love the BBC. So relevant to what's happening in Sailsbury

 

Probably more relevant to the actual subject would be a statement from Lord West on the Salisbury incident, and for a bit of balance.....

From the BBC News website.......

Former First Sea Lord and security minister Lord West said: "If it is a nation which has done it, it is completely unacceptable. It's almost like an act of war.

"To actually allow something like a nerve agent to be used in another country for some reason is outrageous."

 

Or what he told the Daily Star.......

 

Admiral Lord West branded Vladimir Putin “extremely dangerous” as he continues a campaign of “hybrid warfare” to taunt the West.

The former First Sea Lord – who had a 50-year career in the armed forces – described the Russian president as a “crook” and said Putin thinks he can “get away with anything”.

The Royal Navy hero warned conflict would be "catastrophic" and added “no one wants to go to war”, but increasingly unpredictable actions from Russia have led to a "real risk" of armed conflict.

He called on the world to “get a grip and make some sensible moves” to step back from the brink.

His warning comes as Britain and Russia remain locked in a diplomatic nightmare following the poisoning of Sergei Skripal.

Speaking exclusively to Daily Star Online, Admiral Lord West said: “For someone to have carried out any attack on our soil is extraordinary.

“And it’s certainly tied to Russia because of the nerve agent used.

“It could killed British people on the street, and in the old days of imperial rivalries nations went to war over things like this.

"This is very very worrying indeed – one has to show [Putin] how serious this as he seems to think its some kind of game."

 
Edited by Steve S 60

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

 

Probably more relevant to the actual subject would be a statement from Lord West on the Salisbury incident, and for a bit of balance.....

From the BBC News website.......

Former First Sea Lord and security minister Lord West said: "If it is a nation which has done it, it is completely unacceptable. It's almost like an act of war.

"To actually allow something like a nerve agent to be used in another country for some reason is outrageous."

 

Or what he told the Daily Star.......

 

Admiral Lord West branded Vladimir Putin “extremely dangerous” as he continues a campaign of “hybrid warfare” to taunt the West.

The former First Sea Lord – who had a 50-year career in the armed forces – described the Russian president as a “crook” and said Putin thinks he can “get away with anything”.

The Royal Navy hero warned conflict would be "catastrophic" and added “no one wants to go to war”, but increasingly unpredictable actions from Russia have led to a "real risk" of armed conflict.

He called on the world to “get a grip and make some sensible moves” to step back from the brink.

His warning comes as Britain and Russia remain locked in a diplomatic nightmare following the poisoning of Sergei Skripal.

Speaking exclusively to Daily Star Online, Admiral Lord West said: “For someone to have carried out any attack on our soil is extraordinary.

“And it’s certainly tied to Russia because of the nerve agent used.

“It could killed British people on the street, and in the old days of imperial rivalries nations went to war over things like this.

"This is very very worrying indeed – one has to show [Putin] how serious this as he seems to think its some kind of game."

 

Speaking exclusively to Daily Star Online, :thumbup::g: Oooh a Daily Star exclusive :lol:

Actually my point (obviously lost on some) was more to do with the actions of the BBC - although i can't work out if she's suggesting he lies or just keeps quiet. Probalby the latter followed by the former if that becomes impossible.  The point I was making is about the media and here we have a BBC news reporter, paid thousands of pounds a week and bound by a charter of impartiality suggesting to an eminent guest that he should not speak his truth. But it  illustrates perfectly how they operate. The obvious point is these narrative are played out in other similar cases eg salisbury - don't muddy the waters ie stick to the story. Similar to the CBS chump who reported for  the BBC from Douma  and  stated that in the next few days viewers may hear things coming out of Douma that are "confusing". He meant an alternative to the crap he was spouting. And its going on in Salisbury as well. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, maslar said:

Speaking exclusively to Daily Star Online, :thumbup::g: Oooh a Daily Star exclusive :lol:

Actually my point (obviously lost on some) was more to do with the actions of the BBC - although i can't work out if she's suggesting he lies or just keeps quiet. Probalby the latter followed by the former if that becomes impossible.  The point I was making is about the media and here we have a BBC news reporter, paid thousands of pounds a week and bound by a charter of impartiality suggesting to an eminent guest that he should not speak his truth. But it  illustrates perfectly how they operate. The obvious point is these narrative are played out in other similar cases eg salisbury - don't muddy the waters ie stick to the story. Similar to the CBS chump who reported for  the BBC from Douma  and  stated that in the next few days viewers may hear things coming out of Douma that are "confusing". He meant an alternative to the crap he was spouting. And its going on in Salisbury as well. 

 

 

Any member on here with an interest in Current Affairs can join the Current Affairs Club, and will have access to the Syrian thread and your original post.  From what you are saying, if this is how the BBC operate then why not post a BBC interview that deals with the actual subject matter?  There must be plenty of material to choose from without the need of posting a video from the Syrian thread.  It would give more power to your argument.

As for the Daily Star quip........why?  Are Lord West's statements only valid when given to one of your preferred media outlets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Any member on here with an interest in Current Affairs can join the Current Affairs Club, and will have access to the Syrian thread and your original post.  From what you are saying, if this is how the BBC operate then why not post a BBC interview that deals with the actual subject matter?  There must be plenty of material to choose from without the need of posting a video from the Syrian thread.  It would give more power to your argument.

As for the Daily Star quip........why?  Are Lord West's statements only valid when given to one of your preferred media outlets?

 

Or they can read it here where I chose to post it. Quite a staggering comment considering you were  blatantly off topic yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maslar said:

 

Or they can read it here where I chose to post it. Quite a staggering comment considering you were  blatantly off topic yesterday. 

They can even read it twice if they're signed up to Current Affairs.

Staggering!  Hardly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An interesting point made by Craig Murray yesterday:

"Well-placed FCO sources tell me it remains the case that senior civil servants in both the FCO and Home Office remain very sceptical of Russian guilt in the Skripal case."

I wonder what their alternative theory is? Since they must undoubtably have at least one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2018 at 20:17, maslar said:

So many holes in this story and I've got a feeling a few big revelations to come that will tip everything upside down. Personally I find the whole "door handle" explanation completely ridiculous. To go to all that trouble of obtaining this compound (see, I didn't say novichok) and then using it in such a stupid way doesn't make sense. Surely you'd go for the high percentage shot.  

Still. I'm glad I'm not the person who sat at the Skripal's table at Zizzi after they left, or the staff who cleared their cutlery away, or the people who came to their aid at the bench, or the doctor who worked on YS for a full 30 minutes. or the people at the pub they went to. Hopefully no friends there to shake hands with. Or the people they may have met that morning  during the four hours both their phones were switched off. Gotta save those batteries.

Thank god for the wonderful english weather and its anti military grade novichok properties.  It could have all turned out so much worse in a heatwave..

Although we don't know all the details (which is understandable if you were accept the governments official take on the events or not) it seems bizarre, to say the least, that the Russians would use such attention-attracting methods..... I'm sure that they have people who could have quietly made him disappear if that was what they wanted. I think that we can agree that the whole thing is fishy to say the least.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Breaking News…..

A source at Wiltshire Police has announced the formation of a special task force consisting of detectives from Wiltshire and South Yorkshire Police.  The task force are currently investigating the possibility that the Skripal poisoning was not state sponsored, but was in fact the work of an individual, a British criminal mastermind, whose sole intent is to discredit the police and the media.

A spokesperson for Operation Summer Holiday could only reveal that their prime suspect, codename Bachelor Boy, is a multi-millionaire with a grudge against both the police and the UK media, and has the capability, intent and motive to carry out this heinous crime.  It is believed that Bachelor Boy also has an accomplice, codename Devil Woman, who is a high level insider at the BBC.  However, when questioned over his relationship with Devil Woman, Bachelor Boy claimed “We don’t talk anymore”.

In a statement, the Home Secretary has praised the work of the joint task force and offered her congratulations in the breakthrough, and has given the green light to the use of additional resources and power “to all our friends in the Wiltshire and South Yorkshire police”.

Didn't this elusive mastermind normally just work in the shadows, or was that another Webb of intrigue ?.

Edited by Kegsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Kegsy said:

Didn't this elusive mastermind normally just work in the shadows, or was that another Webb of intrigue ?.

He's completely doolally. Going off topic - but when he's singing about Devil Woman he isn't actually singing about a woman at all. This was revealed by one of the Shadows on tv years ago. The problem was how could a good Christian Boy sing about a Devil :ohmy:woman? The answer is he doesn't. So what's he singing about I hear you ask. The clue is in the first verse, second line.. !I've  had nothing but bad luck since the day I saw the cat at my door". Yes DW is a cat. It actually is . He's singing about a cat he refers to as  devil woman. That's how he got around that particular crisis of faith.

Lock, throw, key , away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maslar said:

No updates on Mr Sk's condition, nor Ms S. something is afoot. :g:

I'm pretty sure an update would be the usual.

This story will now disappear off MSM, it's done it's job. Which was scare the people witless about Russia, expect an announcement on defence spending soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Kegsy said:

This story will now disappear off MSM, it's done it's job. Which was scare the people witless about Russia, expect an announcement on defence spending soon.

I've got a feeling it's going to bounce back pretty soon. The shake n' vac in Salisbury's only a got a couple of days left in it.

Funny thing is I've just seen that the Russian Ambassador made the same point  today at his press conference. I've got to  admit he does make me smile - probably the cleverest person in the room.  Asks why no British journalists are asking questions - then turns to his right to a tv screen - "Could it be this"  - and up pops Tony Blair. Kind of surreal.

Got to admit the Russians seem very relaxed about it all. Almost like they know the end of the film

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also seen RT reports that in East Ghouta thye've found rebel supplies - Chlorine from Germany and --- smoke bombs from Salisbury.  

Say it slowly - smoke bombs from Salisbury (it gets deeper the more you think about it).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maslar said:

Also seen RT reports that in East Ghouta thye've found rebel supplies - Chlorine from Germany and --- smoke bombs from Salisbury.  

Say it slowly - smoke bombs from Salisbury (it gets deeper the more you think about it).

 

Say it quickly and you might overlook the fact that there isn't a munitions factory in Salisbury, UK.  There was one in Salisbury Southern Australia during WW2.  Unless I'm mistaken, (West) Germany haven't produced chlorine gas since WW2.  Can't vouch for the former GDR though.

Alternatively, the smoke "bombs" from Salisbury could have been from Pains Fireworks.

"From our base in Wiltshire, Pains Fireworks specialise in delivering sensational professional firework displays, striking SFX and dazzling pyrotechnics for thousands of events across the UK and The Middle East. "

Edited by Steve S 60

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

Say it quickly and you might overlook the fact that there isn't a munitions factory in Salisbury, UK.  There was one in Salisbury Southern Australia during WW2.  Unless I'm mistaken, (West) Germany haven't produced chlorine gas since WW2.  Can't vouch for the former GDR though.

Alternatively, the smoke "bombs" from Salisbury could have been from Pains Fireworks.

"From our base in Wiltshire, Pains Fireworks specialise in delivering sensational professional firework displays, striking SFX and dazzling pyrotechnics for thousands of events across the UK and The Middle East. "

No I said say it slowly. However, joking aside it obviously  wasn't slow enough for some.

1  I never said there was  munitions factory in Salisbury.

2  No one mentioned chlorine gas did they? Germany is one of the leading European producers of chlorine.

3  the use of the word "bomb" was obviously not in the explosvie bomb sense - more along the lines of a stink bomb . Since smoke bombs aren't  meant to blow things up. if you want ot focus on such trivialities (which you obviously do) please carry on. it's your time wasted not mine though I may have to consider how much time  I spend replying to them since it  seems to be getting a bit of a regular occurence.

Chlorine from Germany, smoke "bombs" from Sailisbury. A simple deduction would be that  the two combined may somehow  produce a fake chemical attack. I don't know  . I'm not an expert but that's what it  suggested to me. 

So all in all a reasonable effort on your part but a major fail in terms of anything making the slightest bit of sense. No points scored for that I'm afraid.  Do keep trying though :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we finally get the first cctv images of Y Skripal leaving Russia from Russian airport  cctv with her hair coloured auburn. Unlike most of the pictures shown on tv  with her hair blonde. 

Immediately after the incident cctv footage was released of a couple - a young blonde woman with a red bag and an older man - the police wanted information on. It was all so vague that some thought the couple were the Skripals which they weren't. Then it all went quiet. There's been no follow up. no word on whether they were traced, found, their relevance or lack of.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, maslar said:

No I said say it slowly. However, joking aside it obviously  wasn't slow enough for some.

1  I never said there was  munitions factory in Salisbury.

2  No one mentioned chlorine gas did they? Germany is one of the leading European producers of chlorine.

3  the use of the word "bomb" was obviously not in the explosvie bomb sense - more along the lines of a stink bomb . Since smoke bombs aren't  meant to blow things up. if you want ot focus on such trivialities (which you obviously do) please carry on. it's your time wasted not mine though I may have to consider how much time  I spend replying to them since it  seems to be getting a bit of a regular occurence.

Chlorine from Germany, smoke "bombs" from Sailisbury. A simple deduction would be that  the two combined may somehow  produce a fake chemical attack. I don't know  . I'm not an expert but that's what it  suggested to me. 

So all in all a reasonable effort on your part but a major fail in terms of anything making the slightest bit of sense. No points scored for that I'm afraid.  Do keep trying though :thumbsup:

So by your own admission it's a bit of a none news story - chlorine, which has many commercial and industrial uses, including the treatment of drinking water and swimming pools, and a smoke bomb which is more like a stink bomb.  Thanks for sensationalising it for us all though.

There's an old Russian proverb that you may or may not be familiar with.  Trust but verify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

So by your own admission it's a bit of a none news story - chlorine, which has many commercial and industrial uses, including the treatment of drinking water and swimming pools, and a smoke bomb which is more like a stink bomb.  Thanks for sensationalising it for us all though.

There's an old Russian proverb that you may or may not be familiar with.  Trust but verify.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ignoring the obvious flaming ---  It looks like the story is about to enter a new stage as The Times, two months after the event, prints the name and photos of YS's fiancee and his mother and their supposed links to the Kremlin. Obviously whatever restrictions were placed on reporting them have now been lifted. Almost like its a new story/angle  no one was previously aware of.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/skripal-fianc-linked-to-security-services-hgxzds8h2

On Friday Sky News screened an interview with  a chemical weapons expert in Salisbury that seemed to revolve arond "touching":  The expert demontrated how touching contaminates, using a touching motion. Touching seemed to the theme. The interviewer touched one of the cordon boards.Why I don't know.  Meanwhile the Russian Ambassador to  the UK was suggesting that the UK may have been responsible for the attack . And that the Skripals were being held against their will. Headline news surely? I don't think the BBC even made reference to  it. 

https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2018-04-20/russian-ambassador-claims-britain-may-have-injected-skripals-with-nerve-agent/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you think about the previous (polonium) incident it would have made more sense that he was bumped off in hospital.

Nobody else hurt in restaurant seemed an odd scenario. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JNixon said:

When you think about the previous (polonium) incident it would have made more sense that he was bumped off in hospital.

Nobody else hurt in restaurant seemed an odd scenario. 

As far as I'm aware - and I'll gladly be corrected- there has not yet been an official statement as to where the police officer NB was contaminated. Rumours and assumptions yes, but no definite statement. That is truly strange if true.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maslar said:

As far as I'm aware - and I'll gladly be corrected- there has not yet been an official statement as to where the police officer NB was contaminated. Rumours and assumptions yes, but no definite statement. That is truly strange if true.  

Has there been any confirmation from anywhere as to who NB is, relatives, friends or whoever?. I don't remember seeing any, by now the papers should have been offering boatloads for his story.

Edited by Kegsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kegsy said:

Has there been any confirmation from anywhere as to who NB is, relatives, friends or whoever?. I don't remember seeing any, by now the papers should have been offering boatloads for his story.

A complete media shutdown . Galloway made a valid point the other day - why are no journalists asking these questions? Such as where are the Skripals? Whatever  the reason they should still be seeking an explanation. That's their job. Instead there's complete silence. 

Edited by maslar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Massive news if true -  from The London Economic (viewed as  reliable) I saw this a few weeks ago but didn't really take much notice. Could there be something in it?

"A source close to Skripal has said he was investigating the collusion between the Internet Research Agency, AIQ, Cambridge Analytica and its parent company, SCL."

Points to a Russian connection with CA

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/opinion/why-the-cambridge-analytica-scandal-could-be-much-more-serious-than-you-think/27/03/

Edited by maslar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Sign Up

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign up now!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!


Related Soul Music Links

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.