Soul nights/nighters at Lea Manor, Albrighton

Go to solution Solved by Simon T,

• 5 years later...

14 minutes ago, Tony Turner said:

I thought I’d resurrect this thread and see if anyone was interested in sharing memories of records played there. Any takers?

Was playing my tape of 4th Aniiversary a few weeks back, so many great records its a job to know where to start!.

Will dig it ouit and post up a playlist

Social source share

As a regular at lea Manor there are so many records that stand out however, I was particularly impressed/interested in the many new tunes (to me) played by local Jocks, T.C., Len Cook, Blue Max etc, etc.  The venue I miss more than any other.

Social source share

• 3 months later...

Just thought I'd mention that there is an opportunity to celebrate Lea Manor and meet up with friends on 23rd September 2023. The promoters are Martyn Bradley, Kev Spittle @Munchkin and @munchkinette 

Martyn Bradley has been out and about lot's over the last year or so and had many folks asking for a Lea Manor meet-up. Also asking him to set up an event with a similar approach. So, finally, it's here!

The first one will be a "Lea Manor" focused night. However, subsequent nights will have the same aims and values as the original event but will be very current. 

If you were a Lea Manor punter, please come along to celebrate those nights. If you didn't attend, please do try it! Find out why so many people have fund memories of their times there.

As many will be aware, Martyn Bradley, Kev Spittle @Munchkin and @munchkinette were also the promoters of the popular United Sounds of Soul (USoS) which had it's own regulars. Kev and Sharon also put on other events since. 

Edited by Bo Diddley
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!