1. 1. In 2018 am buying...

• more vinyl than ever
    • approx same amount
    • less vinyl than prev years
    • stopped!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Sign in or join to vote
  • Poll closed on 20/03/18 at 12:01

Bought 5 already this year and its mi birthday soon and three have arrived fo me already and the missus has left the tunes open on the kitchen island :dash2:temtations calling my name :lol: I've also just got my first resident spot so need to keep em rollin in :wicked:  i know what one is,thanks to derek pearson on drystone radio a couple o weeks ago .atb baz

Edited by source team
photo removed due to privacy concerns
  • Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

Guest Spain pete

Stopped buying years ago , but if l come across something in a charity shop , rastro market etc ,  l would do them a favour .👅🎶🎶

Social source share

46 minutes ago, baz1 said:

Bought 5 already this year and its mi birthday soon and three have arrived fo me already and the missus has left the tunes open on the kitchen island :dash2:temtations calling my name :lol: I've also just got my first resident spot so need to keep em rollin in :wicked:  i know what one is,thanks to derek pearson on drystone radio a couple o weeks ago .atb baz

I've put your postcode into my sat nav, what time will your house be empty?:wicked:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Probably fewer, but through no choice of my own. Just about everything is more expensive in recent years and there’s less up for sale in the USA. That said, the records bought in the past mean there’s fewer to be added to the collection so that’s a good thing. One day I might come to my senses and admit I’ll never get to own a copy of all the good Northern records out there... for the time being, I’m putting off that day.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

theres a few on my wants list that just dont come up for sale so it they did then my 'spend' could be more than last few years, if not i will have to keep waiting on those (I'm desperate for this 'crash' with everyone selling off their collections which some have predicted!). Will continue to buy bits and pieces and will probably sell a similar number (if i can be bothered with the hassle) as i dont really want to increase the total quantity.

Social source share

26 minutes ago, Mal C said:

I’ve really ground to a holt on buying, I just won’t pay the prices anymore, prefer to hang onto my collection as is... if prices go down I might start again but I won’t throw my money away anymore... 

Totally agree Mal....is this just an age thing? Thank you....Rob

and I believe we are both 46ish!!

Edited by Lionelonthevinyl
Social source share

1 hour ago, Lionelonthevinyl said:

Totally agree Mal....is this just an age thing? Thank you....Rob

and I believe we are both 46ish!!

Hey mate, I’m 48, I don’t know whether it’s an age thing, I’m too young to be one of those who are cashing in and looking to impending retirement,  and I’m obviously not young and foolish as I used to be, aggressive and got to get em all... 

maybe it is age then... I’ve got enough records to have racks to naval gaze at... And as I’ve said I won’t pay these  prices today

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!