Thom Bell

Heikki

On 10 de marzo de 2018 at 17:19, Heikki said:

Hi!

My recent update with Thom is available, along with an interview with Lavel "Memphis" Jackson, some new CD reviews - including a great retro compilation of Z.Z. Hill - and my top-10 of 2017.

https://www.soulexpress.net/deep1_2018.htm

Best regards

Heikki

Hello again, dear Heikki

(I'm "Manny" from Spain in the legendary "Soulful Detroit" forum; BTW, I don't knows what happens with this forum, I can't connect since 1 year ago!...??)

I have enjoy your Thom Bell's article as I am a Philly Soul lover since my teens. I think he deserves a book with his biography or autobiography apart from Gamble & Huff (they also deserves it). If we think simply about his years with Bobby Martin as arranger - producer ("A Bell - Martin Production" tag) in the 60's - first 70's for Chocalte syrup feat. L.J. Reynolds, Intrigues and a lot of artists, he deserves a place in the history of music... and considering his work as musical director - conductor,... "one man band" role with Delfonics, Stylistics, Spinners, Johnny Mathis, New York City, Deniece Williams, Dee Dee Bridgewater,... we can't find another "one man band" like him and with those innovations he incorporated to Soul Music (oboes, sitar, classical strings arrangements,...). A GENIOUS!

Social source share

Hi "Manny"... nice hearing from you after a long time.

I too have always enjoyed Thom's work, ever since the 60s.

The good news is that most probably they'll publish a biography sometime in the future.

Best regards

Heikki

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!