• Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Here's a print of the page 

Kev Bod:thumbsup:

Chubby Checker

You Don't Know ( What You Do To Me Girl ) / Two Hearts Make One Love

Cameo Parkway : P 965 DJ

Chubby Checker - You Don't Know ( What You Do To Me Girl ) / Two Hearts Make One Love - Cameo Parkway P 965 DJ
aHR0cHM6Ly9pd2ViX2EyMmFhYTpCRGhUUmd6S1VC
aHR0cHM6Ly9pd2ViX2EyMmFhYTpCRGhUUmd6S1VC
  • Artist: Chubby Checker
  • A Side: You Don't Know ( What You Do To Me Girl )
  • B Side: Two Hearts Make One Love
  • Label: Cameo Parkway
  • Format: 45s

Condition

• Vinyl Condition:M-
  • Label Condition:M-
  • Sleeve Condition:M-

Key: View

Help
  •  £1,283.00
  •  £1.00
  •  £11.00
  •  14/03/2018 18:00
  •  

This auction has ended.

A spectacular copy of Britain's "Most Wanted", I cannot imagine we'll ever be able to offer a finer copy. This one is truly immaculate, surely a crowning moment for all UK Soul collections.

Remembering this Northern Soul classic was never issued in the USA and to make things even more challenging for the serious NS hunter. In the USA it was only promo'd as a styrene DJ copy in California & a solitary vinyl test-press file copy for the Cameo archives on the East Coast (only 1 copy known) 

So when a flawless Brit-legend surfaces in invincible condition as the legendary misspelled title "You Don't Know ( What You Do To Me Girl )" omitting the "Just" from the title; it is a listing every dedicated Northern Soul will sit up and notice.

A Northern Soul anthem, in it's most desirable, most durable most spectacular form.

Do not pass by, opportunities like this to acquire near perfection of an iconic 45, do not present themselves much more than once in a lifetime.

You really "Just Don't Know" when you'll see another" 
For NS historical reference, this Northern Soul anthem was first discovered by Brian Tompkins who ran the "George" at Wilby near Wellingborough and also the legendary "Bletsoe" allnighter, a once sleepy village in Bedfordshire. Glen Ballamy was the first DJ to play It at Bletsoe circa 1970 -72.

Condition Report

This 45 is in knee-trembling condition! As near perfection as you could ever dream of owning. An irresistible Mint - / Mint - throughout.

A Side

• Title: You Don't Know ( What You Do To Me Girl )

B Side

• Title: Two Hearts Make One Love
  • Year: 1965
  • City: United Kingdom
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!