dylan

Spurs fa cup semi final and wembly

I don't suppose for one minute the FA gave it any thought about Spurs reaching the semis or the final. It would be an unfair advantage as they have played on the pitch all season. Also will they have their "home dressing room" when they play the semis as each end is normally decided with a flip of a coin ? This isn't having a go at THFC this is all the FAs doing as to a body that is really unfit for purpose. When Spurs where given Wembley to play on they should have made a contingency plane just in case! 

Then again did anybody think the FA would think that far ahead and that clearly?..........I thought not!

Dave.

How can spurs play a semi final at the neutral Wembley . When it's there temporary home ground.  The FA have got a plan. Haven't they  ?  One other thing . Why did they play a Saturday night match with a 7.45 kick off. Not for the fans that go the match. They dont give a flying fcuk. 

Steve 

4 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

How can spurs play a semi final at the neutral Wembley . When it's there temporary home ground.  The FA have got a plan. Haven't they  ?  One other thing . Why did they play a Saturday night match with a 7.45 kick off. Not for the fans that go the match. They dont give a flying fcuk. 

Steve 

Cardiff v forest has been moved to 7.45 for sky last train back to nottingham is 8.00.

charming.

Just now, dylan said:

Cardiff v forest has been moved to 7.45 for sky last train back to nottingham is 8.00.

charming.

Exactly. Sky used Man United v Villa as a trial Friday night 7.45 kick off. Last season. They must be fcuking stupid. The whole country knows the M6 around the Midlands is one big car park on a Friday afternoon and evening. Knobs

Steve

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Exactly. Sky used Man United v Villa as a trial Friday night 7.45 kick off. Last season. They must be fcuking stupid. The whole country knows the M6 around the Midlands is one big car park on a Friday afternoon and evening. Knobs

Steve

They just dont care.  Cash is king.

Edited by dylan

7 hours ago, dylan said:

They just dont care.  Cash is king.

You've hit the nail on the head....I support Spurs and find it barmy we would be at Wembley/home.....mind you we will probably bottle it and lose!!!......Rob

So it's Manchester United v Tottenham.  I'm assuming because we was drawn out  first we are the home team and get a choice of the dressing room, throw spurs out of their dressing room.   It's pathetic it's got to be a neutral venue for this. 

Steve 

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

So it's Manchester United v Tottenham.  I'm assuming because we was drawn out  first we are the home team and get a choice of the dressing room, throw spurs out of their dressing room.   It's pathetic it's got to be a neutral venue for this. 

Steve 

Ste. I'm sure you remember when it was known as Old Trafford South anyway.

1 minute ago, Zed1 said:

Ste. I'm sure you remember when it was known as Old Trafford South anyway.

It certainly was mate :yes:. Spent quite a few times down there with the Reds and Widnes.  

Trust you n the lovely Debs are well mate  :hatsoff2:

Ste

3 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

I'm assuming because we was drawn out  first we are the home team and get a choice of the dressing room

Pretty sure that's what the presenter on the BBC said before the draw, bit of a cock up as the teams in the draw were scrolled along the bottom of the screen, it came up as Southampton or Wigan and quickly disappeared just as Wigan was coming into full view.

9 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Trust you n the lovely Debs are well mate  :hatsoff2:

Ste

Other than this perpetual Winter we're good Ste.

Yourself?.

On ‎17‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 22:06, reforee said:

I don't suppose for one minute the FA gave it any thought about Spurs reaching the semis or the final. It would be an unfair advantage as they have played on the pitch all season. Also will they have their "home dressing room" when they play the semis as each end is normally decided with a flip of a coin ? This isn't having a go at THFC this is all the FAs doing as to a body that is really unfit for purpose. When Spurs where given Wembley to play on they should have made a contingency plane just in case! 

Then again did anybody think the FA would think that far ahead and that clearly?..........I thought not!

Dave.

Spurs will have the 'Away' Dressing Room for that match as they were drawn second apparently.   

In the final will it will be a toss of the coin for Spurs and Southampton to see who has the Home Dressing Room for that match !!!!

11 minutes ago, Tezza said:

Spurs will have the 'Away' Dressing Room for that match as they were drawn second apparently.   

In the final will it will be a toss of the coin for Spurs and Southampton to see who has the Home Dressing Room for that match !!!!

We not biting :P

Steve 

Makes me laugh. If you recall Spurs had a "Wembley" curse at the start of the season. Now we have "home" advantage. I do agree that the FA have no clue and that both semis should be elsewhere. It seems unfair that Utd fans have to travel all the way to London when Villa would be far fairer for them. I bet it will be a crap kick off time as well!! 

5 minutes ago, soulatthedale said:

Exactly, the new Wembley has to be paid for so as many games as possible are played there. The FA never ask fans for their opinion about anything as they dont give a monkeys for football fans. Having said that, the premier league clubs couldnt wait to break away from the rest of football and get their hands on Murdochs grubby money so its a bit rich when they complain about the kick off times that sky impose.

The premier league only came about due to the utter greed of the "Big Five" chairmen. I remember a TV interview with Edwards, where he said that the extra money would let English clubs "compete" with the big European clubs. Not long after English teams had dominated Europe for a decade. So, if, you take Murdochs filthy lucre, Spurs, Arsenal. Liverpool, Everton, and United can have no grounds for complaint when it comes to KO times.  Then again, Doesn't apply to Everton anymore, eh? 😂😂😂

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, soulatthedale said:

Exactly, the new Wembley has to be paid for so as many games as possible are played there. The FA never ask fans for their opinion about anything as they dont give a monkeys for football fans. Having said that, the premier league clubs couldnt wait to break away from the rest of football and get their hands on Murdochs grubby money so its a bit rich when they complain about the kick off times that sky impose.

The prices have even crept up on lower league tickets to what i think is expensive.

a season ticket brings match prices down to a sensible level but just going to the odd game the prices are way too much.

the money spent by the top prem clubs now is just astronomic and yes you are right they can have no compliants as clubs but for some fans its a bit rubbish.  Some fans are probably more than happy with the current situation but there will be plenty who were happy with things how they used to be before the cash changed things.

Do people think the football is more entertaining and a higher standard now ? Top 6 yes, Lower half of the prem possibly not would be my view.

but back to main thread maybe some of the home advantage will be lost without a full ground of spurs fans and visiting teams must surely raise there game when visiting wembly.  And its a good day out.

Edited by dylan

8 hours ago, Steve Foran said:

Makes me laugh. If you recall Spurs had a "Wembley" curse at the start of the season. Now we have "home" advantage. I do agree that the FA have no clue and that both semis should be elsewhere. It seems unfair that Utd fans have to travel all the way to London when Villa would be far fairer for them. I bet it will be a crap kick off time as well!! 

Villa Park and Hillsborough should always be the semi venues. The FA are only interested in revenue, pure and simple. And not revenue from the true fans either. Just look at how many tickets at both semis will be reserved for "other" attendees. 

I could make a comment about Wembley, and the ease of getting there and back home to London, Wales, and Ireland for all the united fans. But I won't. 😂😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, dylan said:

The prices have even crept up on lower league tickets to what i think is expensive.

a season ticket brings match prices down to a sensible level but just going to the odd game the prices are way too much.

the money spent by the top prem clubs now is just asteonomic and yes you are right they can have no compliants as clubs but for the fans its a bit rubbish.

All since the inception of the Premier League. Pure greed has taken the game away from the ordinary working man and his kids. My Dad used to take me home and away to every City game in the 60's. How can any person afford that today? Sure, season tickets can bring down the overall costs, but again, it's a hell of an initial outlay for most people. Factor in the astronomical prices for food and drink etc.  and it's a wonder grounds still have any fans in them. If I want to go to the Etihad now, it'll be an absolute minimum of £35 for a league game. Add in the travel expenses for a 400 mile round trip, (I'm now exiled north of the wall) and the fact that I'm a pensioner, and it's easy to see why attendance is treat rather than the norm. And City are probably one of the least expensive price-wise. 

3 minutes ago, Joey said:

Villa Park and Hillsborough should always be the semi venues. The FA are only interested in revenue, pure and simple. And not revenue from the true fans either. Just look at how many tickets at both semis will be reserved for "other" attendees. 

I could make a comment about Wembley, and the ease of getting there and back home to London, Wales, and Ireland for all the united fans. But I won't. 😂😂😂😂

Yes, but i think the days of Villa Park and Hillsborough for semis sadly are long gone. I think maybe a couple more grounds were used depending on who was in the semis, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge. Whichever grounds were used, the semis were always on a Saturday KO 3 pm and if it was a draw the replay a few days later. Wont be long before the premier league clubs get their own way and replays are scrapped, potentially denying smaller clubs of an extra pay day. The gutless "jobs for the boys" that make up the FA will, as usual, just roll over and say ok.

6 minutes ago, Joey said:

All since the inception of the Premier League. Pure greed has taken the game away from the ordinary working man and his kids. My Dad used to take me home and away to every City game in the 60's. How can any person afford that today? Sure, season tickets can bring down the overall costs, but again, it's a hell of an initial outlay for most people. Factor in the astronomical prices for food and drink etc.  and it's a wonder grounds still have any fans in them. If I want to go to the Etihad now, it'll be an absolute minimum of £35 for a league game. Add in the travel expenses for a 400 mile round trip, (I'm now exiled north of the wall) and the fact that I'm a pensioner, and it's easy to see why attendance is treat rather than the norm. And City are probably one of the least expensive price-wise. 

Youll probably see a better game at East Fife or Stenhousemuir!:D

8 minutes ago, Joey said:

Totally agree additional costs for food, drink and travel make it very expensive.

and having all the money for a season ticket will not be an option for everybody.  Can you pay by DD over 12 months these days ?

some people must spend all the dispoable income following there team.  And all that casual clobber isnt cheap.

3 minutes ago, soulatthedale said:

Yes, but i think the days of Villa Park and Hillsborough for semis sadly are long gone. I think maybe a couple more grounds were used depending on who was in the semis, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge. Whichever grounds were used, the semis were always on a Saturday KO 3 pm and if it was a draw the replay a few days later. Wont be long before the premier league clubs get their own way and replays are scrapped, potentially denying smaller clubs of an extra pay day. The gutless "jobs for the boys" that make up the FA will, as usual, just roll over and say ok.

Replays already gone bye-byes at the quarter final stage. I agree that it won't be long before they're  gone completely. A crying shame when you look back at some of those ties that's went on and on....and on!

4 minutes ago, soulatthedale said:

No replays in qtrs this year althouh none were needed anyway ? Is that a first ?

yes i can see a push by prem managers to get games sorted in first fixture.  Only way of a big pay day then would be to switch to big ground.  I know this has happended on a few occasions in the past but its not been the normal thing to do.

Youll probably see a better game at East Fife or Stenhousemuir!:D

Live in Kirkcaldy, so Raith Rovers every time for me! BTW, you REALLY don't ever want to attend an East Fife game. They play in Methil. What a bloody dump!!!!!

1 minute ago, dylan said:

No replays in qtrs this year althouh none were needed anyway ? Is that a first ?

yes i can see a push by prem managers to get games sorted in first fixture.  Only way of a big pay day then would be to switch to big ground.  I know this has happended on a few occasions in the past but its not been the normal thing to do.

I think we have to face unfortunate facts, and see that the FA Cup, the greatest  knockout competition in the history of the game, is now almost dead and finished. The league, and qualification for Europe, is now the be all and end all. The only thing I can see that would reinvigorate the cup, is giving the 4th Champions league place to the winner. But would UEFA even think of allowing that? Methinks not!

1 minute ago, Joey said:

Live in Kirkcaldy, so Raith Rovers every time for me! BTW, you REALLY don't ever want to attend an East Fife game. They play in Methil. What a bloody dump!!!!!

I went to a friendly at East Fife believe it or not, it was bloody freezing in July! God knows what its like on a Tuesday night in the middle of winter!

I went to a friendly at East Fife believe it or not, it was bloody freezing in July! God knows what its like on a Tuesday night in the middle of winter!

😂😂😂😂😂 you REALLY don't wanna know what it's like there in Winter. Deffo a three vest and two coat gig !!!!! The old stadium was bad enough but the new one only has one stand. Completely open on three sides, and only a spit away from the sodding North Sea!!!!

21 minutes ago, Joey said:

You can always get tickets for the empty had on GMR. They're always advertisng tickets . But rivalries apart city are cheap compared to most. 

Steve 

1 minute ago, Joey said:

😂😂😂😂😂 you REALLY don't wanna know what it's like there in Winter. Deffo a three vest and two coat gig !!!!! The old stadium was bad enough but the new one only has one stand. Completely open on three sides, and only a spit away from the sodding North Sea!!!!

It was the new one i went to. Although you get a great view of the North Sea, i doubt if the breeze block wall would be much good in the event of a storm!

19 minutes ago, soulatthedale said:

Remember the 2 Mickey teams played at Old Trafford in one semi final and we played dirties at Hillsborough in the other.  Then we  beat mickies at Wembley . The semi finals where always played at a neutral ground.  And they where all 3pm  kick off.  Was a bit easier to get home afterwards.  Now they want you to stay in one of the most expensive cities in the world because of the kick off times they insist on.  There excuse so more fans can watch on TV 

Steve 

9 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

You can always get tickets for the empty had on GMR. They're always advertisng tickets . But rivalries apart city are cheap compared to most. 

Steve 

I just won a fiver off the missus. Told her there'd be an "emptihad" comment within the hour!!!!! Cheers Bud! Seriously though, although City are one of the cheaper clubs for tickets, and also have very good single parent/lone women/kids offers, its still a bloody expensive exercise for ordinary folk. Back in the day, it didn't matter what you job was, you could still afford to attend all 21 1st division games every season. How many people can say that today? Tragic when you sit down and think about it.Even more tragic thinking about where the money men and officials will take the game in the future.

11 minutes ago, soulatthedale said:

It was the new one i went to. Although you get a great view of the North Sea, i doubt if the breeze block wall would be much good in the event of a storm!

Old one fell down a few years ago. The new one is a soul-less abomination, but why build more than one stand when average crowds are only a couple of hundred per game? Oh, and storms are an hourly occurrence up here!!!! Except on July 7th, our summer!

Just now, Joey said:

I just won a fiver off the missus. Told her there'd be an "emptihad" comment within the hour!!!!! Cheers Bud! Seriously though, although City are one of the cheaper clubs for tickets, and also have very good single parent/lone women/kids offers, its still a bloody expensive exercise for ordinary folk. Back in the day, it didn't matter what you job was, you could still afford to attend all 21 1st division games every season. How many people can say that today? Tragic when you sit down and think about it.Even more tragic thinking about where the money men and officials will take the game in the future.

Glad you won the bet. Your so right I've supported United all my life  and watched them home, away and in Europe since 1972. It was so much fairer on the fans when you could just pay at the turnstile.  Now you have to buy your season ticket for next year even before the seaon has finished.  2 months interest on 50, 000 season tickets is a serious matter . Robbed again by the faceless 

Steve 

7 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Glad you won the bet. Your so right I've supported United all my life  and watched them home, away and in Europe since 1972. It was so much fairer on the fans when you could just pay at the turnstile.  Now you have to buy your season ticket for next year even before the seaon has finished.  2 months interest on 50, 000 season tickets is a serious matter . Robbed again by the faceless 

Steve 

I remember paying at the turnstile for some really big games. Derbies, cup quarter finals etc. Season ticket renewals are a joke. My son is on the waiting list for one at City, but I reckon it'll be years before he gets one. Even then, with us now living so far away, he'll probably only get to a few games every season.  I reckon most club chairmen would be only too happy to have us all watch on Sky, whilst filling the grounds with £100 a pop tourists every week. The game's gone I'm afraid. 

I also hear on the news today that the highest proportion of voters voting for Brexit , came from Manchester .. TRUE !! 

Give it 3 weeks and they’ll be out of Europe completely 😜😜😜

28 minutes ago, stevegods said:

I also hear on the news today that the highest proportion of voters voting for Brexit , came from Manchester .. TRUE !! 

Treble's still on. Is yours? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 speak tomorrow!👍

37 minutes ago, stevegods said:

Scousers season normally over early January.  I always sold lfc end of season dance tickets for my birthday end of January. :wicked:

Steve

On 19/03/2018 at 19:32, Winsford Soul said:

Remember the 2 Mickey teams played at Old Trafford in one semi final and we played dirties at Hillsborough in the other.  Then we  beat mickies at Wembley . The semi finals where always played at a neutral ground.  And they where all 3pm  kick off.  Was a bit easier to get home afterwards.  Now they want you to stay in one of the most expensive cities in the world because of the kick off times they insist on.  There excuse so more fans can watch on TV 

Steve 

takes the shine off playing at wembley for the semis. Wembley was supposed to be the big day out but that has sadly changed now. I will still go though as its a semi and we will get a good allocation so I will be able to bring the kids.

Posted (edited)

Manchester United and Tottenham is a 5.15 pm kick off on the Saturday evening.  How are you supposed to get back to Euston station to get the last train home at I think 7.45 pm. FA wankers.  They never even had the balls to reply to my emails regarding a neutral venue for the semi-final. 

Steve 

Edited by Winsford Soul

Not 100% sure but I think the last trains back North on a Saturday leave Euston quite late ... there was one that leaves close to midnight, but there’s one change involved and it takes nearly 8 hrs ... don’t you just love our rail network .. 

might be one fast one about 10pm and gets into Piccadilly about 12.30 ish ... 

19 minutes ago, stevegods said:

Not 100% sure but I think the last trains back North on a Saturday leave Euston quite late ... there was one that leaves close to midnight, but there’s one change involved and it takes nearly 8 hrs ... don’t you just love our rail network .. 

might be one fast one about 10pm and gets into Piccadilly about 12.30 ish ... 

Thanks Steve.  I thought  there was a night train but wasn't sure. they must have altered the normal Saturday night timetables . I must admit it's been a few years since I was last in London for the football to need a train home . 

Steve 

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.