Liberty Records Various Artist Compilations?

Guest Shufflin

i picked one up a while ago, We Sing The Blues, early tho 1960, benny spellman fortune teller and lipstick traces, irma thomas, willie harper, chris kenner, showmen and a few others, nice if you like early soul, not a northern compilation tho, i hadnt seen it before so had to have it.. rob h

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/03/2018 at 21:20, shufflin said:

Hi all, are there any Liberty soul music cd/vinyl 'various artist' compilations?

any pointers appreciated

The Goldmine CD -Big City Soul- Volume 1, GSCD 42, is all Liberty/Minit/ UA tracks and still seems to be available for a reasonable price.

Social source share

Ady must of been listening!  Kent is reissuing 'On The Soul Side' on CD with the original cover and twelve extra tracks.  I saw it on Amazon rather than their own site as yet.  It's made my weekend.   Let's hope for many more like this.  Of course it's a treasure trove of Minit, Liberty and United Artists classic Northern Soul sides.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07BY6J41X/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
1 hour ago, ThinkSmart said:

Ady must of been listening!  Kent is reissuing 'On The Soul Side' on CD with the original cover and twelve extra tracks.  I saw it on Amazon rather than their own site as yet.  It's made my weekend.   Let's hope for many more like this.  Of course it's a treasure trove of Minit, Liberty and United Artists classic Northern Soul sides.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07BY6J41X/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

cheers for that, don't suppose you know the full track listing?

Social source share

I've never heard of any purely Liberty Soul CD compilation.  Any Liberty-related CD would likely have a lot more cuts from Imperial, and Minit (and, possibly United Artists, and its VEEP and DCP subsidiaries.  Not all that much Soul music appeared on the actual Liberty label.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!