Soulful Neighbours

Guest Shufflin

Guest Shufflin

Did you ever move into a place only to find next door was into soul music? My earliest experience was early 80's, a temporary home between Winwick/Lowton (UK), started playing records then next door (it was a semi) started playing them back, eventually I ran out of records but they kept banging them out, tunes were Ric Tic stuff, Tamla, Landslide etc, lots of oldies, made my day

when we moved into current house on new estate years ago the neighbours organised a community BBQ thing on the nearby green, with a large tent, loads of beer and food, by late on the music being played was well known Northern

anyone else?

Social source share

Yes. Bringing back memories of when I had just moved and I was cleaning the car on the drive when I heard all this northern from across the road.  They guy was cleaning his windows and had a tape or CD playing loads of oldies.  Went and introduced myself and it turned out to be the boyfriend of a old school friend. 

Steve 

Social source share

An old friend of mine who's not a Soul fan lives in Los Angeles and he got in touch after many years and remembering I was into Soul asked if I might have heard of his next door neighbour Gene Woodbury.

Edited by manus
  • Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

On 20/03/2018 at 20:27, LEN said:

Sort of - My neighbor now knows a lot of my tunes. Well mostly......"I enjoy when you play your records Len, but you never play them to the end!"....... (Too keen to get the next one on) :wink:

Len :thumbsup:

I know what your saying...me too😉

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Used to do niters in the mid to late 60's with my mate Tom (Mojo, Nite Owl, Wheel, etc.) ... got him back into soul about 10 years back & he started to attend Prestatyn & Cleggy Weekenders.

One day the postie asked him to take in a parcel of records for his neighbour. Takes them round & asks what type of 45's they were ... SOUL he says ... he'd only moved in next door to Rob Wigley (who I'd been mates with for over 30 years). .

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

My old next door neighbour Baz was a big fan of Soul , proper R&B etc and was always banging out cool and interesting music ..we would frequently have a beer and a spliff together at weekends, play records and make tapes for each other and stuff.

He was a top bloke too but then his missus started seeing another geezer behind his back (one of his so called mates no less) and they split up and Baz moved away and I lost touch with him which was a shame as I liked him,he was a good man who deserved better than that.

We've moved house since then and my next door neighbour is a nice enough fella but the polar opposite with terrible taste in music, Queen and Led Zeppelin, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi etcetera..horrible shit basically.

He's also a complete piss tank who doesn't work and lives on a diet of those evil black cans of Kestrel super lager and Pot Noodles, hehe. 

He once played Bohemian Rhapsody 14 times in a row while inebriated on a sunday afternoon which was then followed by Meat Loaf's greatest hits 3 times on repeat ..

When I questioned him about it the next day he had absolutely no recollection whatsoever of doing so !

Lololol.

So in response to the OP's question. erm, yes and no..:P

Edited by Soulsides
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!