Winsford Soul

Manchester airport

Manchester airport.  Not content with charging you to pick people up are now set to introduce a drop off charge from June.  Wait for it...... £3.00 for 5 minutes

Is there nothing these multi million pound companies won't do or think of to make even more money.  And who do they answer to. 

Steve 

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Manchester airport.  Not content with charging you to pick people up are now set to introduce a drop off charge from June.  Wait for it...... £3.00 for 5 minutes

Is there nothing these multi million pound companies won't do or think of to make even more money.  And who do they answer to. 

Steve 

Sure I got charged for dropping off a couple of years ago.  The Premier Inns there recently increased their overnight parking charge from £5 to £10.

Up until a couple of years ago they were charging £1 for a small clear plastic bag to put your liquid containers in.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Sure I got charged for dropping off a couple of years ago.  The Premier Inns there recently increased their overnight parking charge from £5 to £10.

Up until a couple of years ago they were charging £1 for a small clear plastic bag to put your liquid containers in.

Steve.  Trust your in good health :hatsoff2:They're introducing it from June this year mate. They have charged for using the multi storey as a drop off point for years.  Robbed again by the faceless people 

Steve 

Edited by Winsford Soul

26 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Steve.  Trust your in good health :hatsoff2:They're introducing it from June this year mate. They have charged for using the multi storey as a drop off point for years.  Robbed again by the faceless people 

Steve 

Good thanks Steve, you?  Although I am threatening to come out of retirement.  People will start dropping their relatives off at the roundabout.  I can see a trail of people walking along the road dragging their suitcases behind them.

Think you'll find that the good old Manchester City Council and it's Labour administration are major shareholders in the airport.:yes:

Also, don't forget they are the only airport I know of who charge for baggage trolleys:(

13 minutes ago, JulianB said:

Also, don't forget they are the only airport I know of who charge for baggage trolleys:(

Well, Mrs B has to get you from the car to the baggage drop somehow 😴

the majority of shares owned by all the local manchester councils, manchester is the main one but all the rest get a share of the profits

Posted (edited)

I drive a cab as a living,If I ever get an airport job I reject it straight away,I drive the Bury area,All set fares for Airport jobs,The punters complain like hell about the fares anyway,About £20 less than the meter would read,And then moan like F*ck about the car park charges,Bury to Manchester airport is £28,The fuel is £7 for the return trip now plus £3 for the drop off charge,Bury to MIA netts the driver £18 for a near 40 mile journey and almost 1 and a half hours on the road,I and many of my driver friends will NO longer do these jobs.

Edited by grantdyche
Spelling mistake

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.