News: Frank Wilson Test Press Stays in Detroit - Jack White & Record Store Day News

Guest Denise Zieja

Guest Shufflin
25 minutes ago, Soul-Slider said:

As you said, red. This sits in my Motown box, original demo...

bobby-taylor-oh-ive-been-blessd-vip-3.thumb.jpg.2a90a725e7a0cf104f419916c9dbae40.jpg

wow, lovely

Social source share

• 4 years later...
On 30/03/2018 at 21:14, Steve L said:

Who's Jack White?

haha....if you collect vynal, you would know. and he and his gal had a great band The White Stripes..and a great deal of there Vynal is RARE as i have a lot of it..  And he has always been a massive collector of Rare Soul Music, all Genres...Brilliant Guy.. Get in Jack..KTF..Hippies rule dude..xxx

Social source share

2 hours ago, burt weedon said:

haha....if you collect vynal, you would know. and he and his gal had a great band The White Stripes..and a great deal of there Vynal is RARE as i have a lot of it..  And he has always been a massive collector of Rare Soul Music, all Genres...Brilliant Guy.. Get in Jack..KTF..Hippies rule dude..xxx

I collect vinyl and 4 years on I still have no idea who jack white is

Social source share

On 05/04/2018 at 06:12, Modernsoulsucks said:

I was thinking about "authenticity" really. 

I know there are red vinyl Motown 45s. Trying to think if seen purple ? Jimmy Ruffin/Gladys Knight pops into my head but cant place why ?

I just thought black vinyl was used for original.

Not that keen on re-issues myself as would prefer unreleased material to be put out but I guess sales/revenue come into it.

You've seen purple at my house, back in 1980 or so.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if this has been brought up before, but in the words of Columbo, "Just one more thing"

When they decided to make the copies of FW Test Pressing for Record Store Day, why did they go to the trouble of scanning the handwriting so that is an exact match, but not the Quality Control stamp?

The stamp is not exactly the same or in the same position. Look at the letter Q in Quality.  Was this done deliberately to stop people passing them off as originals. Surely purple vinyl is enough.

20221205_151630.jpg

20221205_151657.jpg

20221205_151712.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!