R I P Lee Vowles

It is with deep regret and sadness that we have to inform SoulSource that Leicester lad, Northern DJ, promoter, ex-Wigan regular, Soul on Wax's very own, the lovely Lee Vowles, has passed away this weekend. Our condolences extended to the many friends Lee had over an entire lifetime on the Soul Scene, a very, very good lad now departed. 

29662668_1347051235440754_5477501855193984231_o.jpg

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Finding it so hard to believe this sad news. Many scene and football memories of a top lad. I first met him in 1979 when we jumped on a train (at Loughborough) from Leicester to Derby for an Assembly Rooms All Nighter - dived in a carriage and Lee was holding court in his inimitable style.. I’ll miss his unmistakeable greeting....”Oi Salty balls”... So pleased he saw the title win for his beloved Foxes. RIP Lee.

Edited by Robin S
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

So sad, our sincere condolences go out to Lee's family and friends. A great mate and someone we would always love to see and chat to at the soul nites we saw him at. I (Matt) loved Djing for him at some of the wonderful events he promoted. He was just a great bloke, dj and friend - we will miss you Lee (R.I.P) - love from Matt & Sarah xx

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Terribly sad news. Soul on Wax was his baby and it'll be hard to see that baby up and running without its dad but we'll make sure it carries on in his memory . 

RIP Lee you big galoot :hatsoff2: Will miss you and remember you always x

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Dont know What to say.. last saw Lee at the last Rugby and we were having such a laugh catching up and reminiscing the laughs we all used to have.  Was like the early 80's again.  And at Sian And Deans afterwards I was in the firing line for his humorous comments and the last thing he said was now I've moved back from Cornwall you are in for more of this .. can't believe i am not going to see him again. God bless you mate . my love to all your family and close friends.  Mick and Kevin  x x 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

I first met Lee when he was DJ at the open air disco at the Sailors Arms,Newqay in 1981. Remember travelling up to Stafford and Yate with him from Cornwall, also The Circus Tavern in Plymouth. Great lad with charisma and presence!

Shall miss his greeting "allright Sween" in that accent of his.         sob sob..

• Up vote 1
Social source share

St Ives and Newquay will continue, but I know Baby Boy will be posting more about that on here - for myself I'm still just utterly gutted, although I'd known of Lee for decades it's only over the last couple of years that we'd become friends, and it was only last Thursday night we were chatting on the phone about upcoming events and getting together for a few beers. It was an honour to know the Big Man, and I'll miss his usual greeting of "Ah, Jeremiah Hipflask!" RIP Lee...

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!