Watch Out Theres (some Scrounging)americans About

Guest melandthensome

Guest melandthensome

These past 2 years or so I have had the mis-fortune to be associated with various americans who come across as all very likeable etc and after getting nicely aquainted then started to enquire about various Rare/Northern soul 45s etc.and the scene in general.

So me being the easy going kinda guy that I am

started to send various choons either by mp3 or whatever.........

then after asking for various choons in return was totally blanked and called numerous things like 'is that what you call friendship' etc 'just because you sent me things I have to then send you things'

jeeze

so all this thread is about is just watch out who you are in contact with

I mention the states as I have had some real shitty replies these past 2 years or so and dont think I am just picking on people stateside as I am not.I have a lot of good fine solid relationships with others in the states.

As they said on the TV.......

'LETS BE CAREFUL OUT THERE'

a very dis-illusioned mel. :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I use to send records to a beach music DJ/collector in N/Carolina including a couple of holy grail titles, all I got back was a couple of tapes of beach music radio shows, he never found one 45 for me ( although he said he could get nearly any 70s title ohmy.gif:rolleyes: )

You live and learn

BH

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

mel, you know that I know all too well what you are talking about. I don't feel slighted by your response. wink.gif

It is unfortunate and what's disturbing is that it makes the rest of us look bad.

Edited by Lady Maverick
Social source share

Guest melandthensome

Hey Mav

were cool mate

and I do stress that not all in the states are like this and you most definatly are not.....

I am sure our stateside friends have experienced similar things this side as well but I just wanted to say my piece.... thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

Blake H

The thing that really pissed me off was that I wasnt asking for anything special just a few sounds here and there and I thought I had a good relationship going with these people.Jeeze when I think of the amount of stuff I sent which as a whole just wasnt the point but then I found out these people were gladly sending stuff to others in the uk then that really pissed me off BIG TIME.......

Gene R

I certainly wont be as free with my sounds from now on mate thats for sure.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!