Lamont Dozier Tour - Cancelled

Just received an email to say that the Manchester concert has been cancelled due to Lamont's Health. Re-arranged for February 2019.

Social source share

25 minutes ago, chalky said:

Not received anything yet nor is there anything on line?

ticketline has

Sadly, due to medical advice received by Lamont Dozier, who was scheduled to appear in the UK for a tour promoted by AGMP, the forthcoming dates in June 2018 have been forced to be rescheduled for February 2019.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I don't expect it will happen now. Rescheduled gigs seldom take place. It's purpose was to promote a new album and the momentum will be lost in Feb. Unless they bring out a box set of his solo stuff and he promotes that 😀. Unlikely. At least the promotor keeps the money for another 10 months 😬

Social source share

I had tickets to see Sonny Rollins a few years back; more than likely the greatest living jazz artist, but he cancelled and will never come over now. I don't think he even plays in America any more.

I recall my disbelief, sat in Mickey Powney's café in Durham, and my wife nonchalantly telling me Lamont Dozier was doing the Sage, and me immediately commandeering her phone to spend money we didn't have. At the time the Sage didn't even know about it. 

Shameless plug: I'll still be paying tribute to the great man at my Soul Night in Durham on 21st.

Social source share

Guest Barry Moss
On 07/04/2018 at 10:23, daved said:

I don't expect it will happen now. Rescheduled gigs seldom take place. It's purpose was to promote a new album and the momentum will be lost in Feb. Unless they bring out a box set of his solo stuff and he promotes that 😀. Unlikely. At least the promotor keeps the money for another 10 months 😬

If he is so unwell now I don t think the gig will take place in February. I remember Bobby Womack rescheduling a few years back and by the time he finally appeared in London he had to be helped on and off the stage. He was still brilliant though!!!

Social source share

I thought Womack was terrible at Glastonbury. You want to remember them in better times, which for me was twice in the early/mid eighties, though I'd have loved to seem him in the seventies.

I always said I'd have been happy for Lamont to just turn up and take the applause (and no doubt tears).

Social source share

I saw Bobby Womack in 2012 with Damon Albarn at the Forum Kentish Town and it was a tale of two halves.

Firsr set with the Blur frontman was a little downbeat and foucused on his last album “ The bravest man in the universe “ not great to say the least .

But the second set was vintage , vintage music , vintage singing and vintage backing with full band . Truely wonderful .

Lets see what happens on Feb . 

Edited by stevegods
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

19 minutes ago, stevegods said:

I saw Bobby Womack in 2012 with Damon Albarn at the Forum Kentish Town and it was a tale of two halves.

Firsr set with the Blur frontman was a little downbeat and foucused on his last album “ The bravest man in the universe “ not great to say the least .

But the second set was vintage , vintage music , vintage singing and vintage backing with full band . Truely wonderful .

Lets see what happens on Feb . 

Thats the glastonbury set i remember.  Less than average with a very self indulgent damon albarn Who even stopped and started bobby a couple of times on the intro to one of tne songs.

still managed to do a decent spot with his classics for the second half of the set.

i was only watching on the TV.

bobby womack must have been sensational live in his prime.

Social source share

I was all set to see Bobby at the Hammersmith Odeon in the summer of 1990 - had the ticket - and it was called off due to ill health. A few months later he did a couple of gigs in London, the first at the Town and Country Club Kentish Town, which for me ranks as one of the best I've ever seen anywhere. A top band and Bobby bouncing around on stage like Zebedee for the opener "I'm back". Altrinna Grayson came on to do a duet with him of "No matter how high I get". Wonderful night - not quite matched by the gig at the Lewisham Theatre some weeks later, but still a good un. 

Social source share

• 9 months later...
On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:23, daved said:

What did I tell you?😀

Edited by daved
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!