• Replies 15
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest woolie mark
On 4/10/2018 at 14:46, Winsford Soul said:

Bob & Fred.  I'll be on my way. Great record.  Would have thought more big ticket soul records would have made this list. Unless they're not been made public 

Steve 

It's very expensive to sell on Discogs.  I've sold a few bits on there, but only things where I got a lot more than I thought they were worth to make paying the commission worthwhile.  It's quite easy to do this, you just look for records with huge numbers of wants, hardly any sales, and the last one sold a while ago.  Then at least double the price the last one sold for.  It has worked every time for me because there always seems to be somebody out there who just jumps in the first day and orders it at a hugely inflated price (I think they used to call these idiots "hot box djs"? :lol:).  If you have a high demand item, you can sell it easily for free in loads of places online so why pay silly-money commission.

I'd like to own the Saints record.  Unplayed copy from the drummer from first pressing of 500 units and it's maybe the first proper punk record to ever be played on UK radio, very nice item!  Oh actually I think I'm confused with the Users for the first one, but it's still an important seminal punk record.

Edited by woolie mark
Social source share

7 minutes ago, themroc said:

Jesus the fuckin right wing Nazi shite fetching big money bastard babyboomer, hope they burn in their own vinyl. 

6 minutes ago, themroc said:

Can't  believe Discogs alow such rancid filth on their site??? 

they say....

Disclaimer: At number 17 you’ll find a cover with a picture of Hitler. While we understand this might seem inappropriate, this is the original artwork from the band and we have decided to show it as it appears in the Database. Just to make it completely clear, this band didn’t support in any way this ideology.

Social source share

Guest themroc
24 minutes ago, mike said:

they say....

Fair play mate. I'm not critical of anyone one this site I'm just astounded that this music, which is 'insightment to racist hatred' is allowed to be sold on Discogs . I marched and shut down a shop in South London for selling 'BBQ in Rostok' and other far right Oi music. WTF?? 

Edited by themroc
Fat fingers
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
1 hour ago, JNixon said:

It’s a wonder anyone spends more than 100 quid on there it seems to be so full of scammers. 

I bought a cheapie off there recently, was sold as 'a beautiful copy'

when received the label was half where it should be, half on the vinyl, a really bad pressing error - I was refunded though

Social source share

28 minutes ago, shufflin said:

I bought a cheapie off there recently, was sold as 'a beautiful copy'

when received the label was half where it should be, half on the vinyl, a really bad pressing error - I was refunded though

It’s common 

Social source share

Guest woolie mark
5 hours ago, JNixon said:

It’s a wonder anyone spends more than 100 quid on there it seems to be so full of scammers. 

Do you mean sellers who are dishonest?

If somebody pays way over the odds for something just so they can get it quicker than other people who have been trying to source it for years that's their choice, they're not being scammed.

Social source share

7 hours ago, woolie mark said:

Do you mean sellers who are dishonest?

If somebody pays way over the odds for something just so they can get it quicker than other people who have been trying to source it for years that's their choice, they're not being scammed.

Not price. Having people take their money and get no record or get a poor record or get a boot instead of original. 

Social source share

Guest woolie mark
42 minutes ago, JNixon said:

Not price. Having people take their money and get no record or get a poor record or get a boot instead of original. 

Do you think that's due to dishonesty, or just incompetence?

Social source share

14 hours ago, JNixon said:

Never had a problem, bought and sold plenty. Just check the feedback like you would ebay.  The vast majority are honest and reputable but like any market place there are also thieves and scammers. If younuse paypla you won’t have a problem getting your money back and discogs themselves are usually quick to act and pretty good  

Many of the old ebay sellers have gone to discogs as have many dealers.  First place that comes up on a search and the biggest market place now.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!